For Thee: Domnis Lux (1)
123 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Thee: Domnis Lux (1)

      A look over my shoulder tells me my Lord and the others have made it to the boat. Kyle was always a genius, second to only Ninavin.

      It is time to really let loose for the first time in over a thousand years.

      Twenty Beta surround me, just in time to be electrocuted. As their bodies turn to dust, I swing my staff around and around my body. The tornadoes I make lift hundreds of the vile creatures into the air. Their twisted complexions can’t comprehend what is happening to them. Using some of the energy stored within my arm, I set the tornado ablaze.

      A group of the vermin try to run past me while I’m distracted. Before they even get to the gate, they’re frozen solid. I snap my fingers and they shatter. Wave after wave, monster after monster, my magiks ruin them all.

      “Give me all you’ve got!”

      My own voice sounds strange to my ears. I have not used this much power in millennia.

      Gehenna, or should I say “Queen,” laughs at the whole ordeal. The wind carries her pretentious mockery and dozens more of the monsters approach me. I hop away and use a fire spell to incinerate everything below me.

      Standing some few yards away, I shout curses at Queen. “You’ve broken every rule, Queen. I don’t believe my Lord will bring you back this time.”

      Anger akin to a physical force bears its weight down on me. “Good. Then I win.”

      I shrug it off as much as I am able and use wind magic to propel myself higher into the air. Each time I am about to fall, I create a temporary springboard to push myself further. Up and up I go until I am standing atop the spire of the Academy. Looking at the sea of Beta below me, I watch as what was once beautiful white walls, are defiled and tarnished black as the Beta make their way up.

      Sensing so many who are taking the chance to push out of the Academy and into the city proper, I half-raise the barrier I had been saving energy for. One thousand years of saving magic and days of chanting, yet this is still the best I can do. I lack training. If I'm able to do this all again, then I need to take it all the more serious.

      The smallest tinge of fear overcomes my heart – the smallest crack in an otherwise serene world of light. Under the surface, within the darkness itself, Queen’s razor-sharp smile haunts me. I look out across the entire kingdom, my kingdom, and think back to that day so very… very long ago.

Short chapter to get everything in place for what comes next. Stick around, the next chapter takes us into the past of the Vargar of Wizardry himself: Domnis Lux
9