[C4] Prison Break (part 1)
1.5k 8 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few weeks since Tai Lung and William met, and while they're still prisoners in Chorh-Gom prison, our two heroes have got to know each other a little better. They haven't become friends yet, but for the moment they're just partners, because of their plan to escape from this prison, but also because they're obliged to share the same body.

Zeng POV

I've been traveling all night to reach Chorh-Gom prison as quickly as possible and pass on the instructions given to me by Master Shifu. After all, this is a mission of the utmost importance and I mustn't disappoint him. Landing on the ground, I finally arrive in front of the huge reinforced door leading into the prison. Posted on either side of the door, two rhinoceros guards, armed with spears, stand guard.

"What is the reason for your visit?" Asks the rhino on the left, keeping his guard up.

"If it's not important, we'll have to ask you to leave" Adds the rhino on the right, blowing air through his nostrils.

"I bring a message from Master Shifu. It's of the utmost importance and I must speak to your commander"

"Wait a moment, I'll fetch my commander." Said the rhinoceros on the left, before going to fetch Commander Vachir and leaving Zeng alone with the second guard.

There's a long wait outside the door. The rhinoceros on the right and I stare into each other's eyes in silence. Finally, I decide to start the conversation.

"So ... uh ... otherwise everything's fine ? Nothing unusual compared to usual?" I ask the rhino.

"It's as quiet as usual". The rhino responds as he seem to relax a little, putting the foot of his spear on the ground.

"It's an easy job, you know, standing in front of the door and keeping people out without good reason. The pay's good. The only thing you have to watch out for is not sleeping on duty, if you're caught by the commander you'll have a bad time." he add.

Just as the rhinoceros finished his sentence, the large door opened, with the guard returning with a rhinoceros larger than all the others, his body covered with several tattoos and, in his hands, a large war hammer. The accompanying guard returned to his post on the left side of the door.

"I am Commander Vachir, the one in charge of Chorh-Gom prison. What is the message Master Shifu has asked you to convey." Vachir asked, looking at me with a serious expression.

"Master Shifu wishes to reinforce the prison's security. If I take his words exactly, he said 'double... no... triple the prison security ! He absolutely must not escape.' " That's what he said." I say, proud to have successfully completed my task and ready to go and rest up for the end of the day.

A long silence fell between me and Vachir. Suddenly, the serious and frightening Vachir begins to laugh with all his being.

"Pouah ah ah ah ah... That's the best ... ah ah ... then old Shifu is afraid the kitten will escape." Said Vachir, laughing loudly.

Vachir dried his tears of laughter, and grabbed my shoulder.

"Come and see messenger, I have a message for Shifu but I need to show you the prison first" He said taking me inside the prison as the big door is closing behind me.

"You see, it's absolutely impossible to escape from this prison and I mean ABSOLUTELY, see for yourself, here, to our left and right are thousand guards protecting the prison's last line of defense. We also have many bridges before reaching the chasm, which are guarded by crossbowmen 24/7, ready to fire at the slightest movement. Then there's an elevator going down to the deepest part of the pit. It's absolutely impossible to climb this hole, making this elevator the only way up and down. Without this elevator, Tai lung is stuck at the bottom." Says Vachir, showing me around the prison.

He led me into the elevator before pulling a lever, causing the elevator to go down. As we go further down, the darkness deepened. Finally, the elevator reached the bottom of the chasm, which led to a small path to a balanced platform. Advancing little by little through the darkness. At last, I begin to make out a form. A form chained at arm's length to this platform by two huge boulders suspended in the void. Getting closer, I begin to make out his silhouette. A dense silver fur dotted with black spots. He's currently kneeling on the ground, eyes closed, with some sort of metallic carapace on its back. This carapace is riddled with acupuncture needles and a small lock in the middle.

"You see messenger, look carefully and tell Shifu there's nothing to fear." Said Vachir as he approached within thirty centimeters of Tai Lung before crushing his tail as painfully as possible and looking at the prisoner not reacting.

"The way he's chained up, he's as harmless as a kitten" He said, looking back at me.

"Still, I'd rather not get too close. I've seen that he's totally immobilized and harmless, I'll tell Master Shifu. Now let's get out of here, I'm getting goose bumps just being here" I say to Vachir, wishing I could get out of here as quickly as possible.

Escorting me to the exit, Vachir brings up the elevator. Once back at the top of the chasm, I look at the faint silhouette of Tai Lung one last time, assuring me that escape is absolutely impossible.

"Don't worry, messenger." Vachir says to me while giving me a powerful blow on the back.

"Phew ... Don't hit me so hard you'll pluck my feathers." I replied as he accompanied me to the exit.

3rd person POV

Vachir and Zeng absolutely certain that Tai Lung's escape was impossible, set off in the direction of the exit, however one small detail escaped them... a feather... falling gently and lightly to the bottom of the chasm, landing right in front of our favorite leopard who then opened his orange eyes, before murmuring discreetly.

"Here's your opportunity Tai Lung".

It's kind of funny for Zeng to have goose bumps, because he is actually a swan goose.

47