[C3] Valley of Peace
1.6k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you so much for your feedback, which makes me so happy. Being a very shy person I hesitated for a long time before starting to post chapters for this novel but your feedback has been incredible, thank you. I wanted to let you know that I'll try to keep to a rhythm of one chapter a week, to be published on Saturday or Sunday except this week, but with university there may be times when I'm less active. I'll let you know when that's the case. Thanks for your support and happy reading.

3rd person POV - Valley of Peace

On a hilltop at the foot of a peach tree, a well-known turtle was meditating when suddenly he got a vision. Snapping out of his deep meditation, the turtle came to the ground and began to make his way slowly towards the main temple.

Entering the temple slowly, Shifu came to meet him.

"Master, what are you doing here? I thought you were meditating by the peach tree" 

"I was meditating... but I got a vision", Oogway replied with turtle like speed.

"And what did you see in your vision, master?"

"Tai Lung will return… soon" said Oogway as he announced the news to Shifu.

"What... What? That is impossible, Tai Lung can never escape from his prison. We personally took care of him 20 years ago. You defeated him and then we imprisoned him in the Chorh-Gom prison we specially built to hold him." Shifu replied, surprised by the news, his old memories and regret coming back.

"I don't know, but his escape was just what I saw." Oogway said calmly.

"Then we will do like 20 years ago, you and me master, will defeat him again"

"I can't Shifu" Oogway said to him

"Why master ?" He asked worried

"My time will come soon and I'm not as powerful as before. I'm afraid, I can't defeat Tai Lung again"

Shifu quickly regained his composure and asked a servant to send a messenger to Chorh-Gom to inform them of Master Oogway's oracle and raise the prison's security level.

Seeing his student worried, Oogway approached him and spoke.

"Don't worry, Shifu," he said.

"But what do we do then ?" asked Shifu, worried.

As both of them approached a pond Oogway leaned and touched the water with his staff blurring the water 

“Your mind is like water my friend, when it is agitated it becomes difficult to see, but if you allow it to settle, the answer become clear” Oogway reassured him

As Shifu looked at his reflection in the mirror and he saw the dragon scroll.

“It is time, Shifu” Oogway completed.

“But who could be trusted to be given the key to a limitless power, master, and become the dragon warrior?”

“I don’t know.” Oogway said.

Some days later

In the little village of the Valley of Peace lived a panda, son of a goose from a old noodle-selling family. Pô, as he was called, wanted more than to simply take over his father's shop and become a noodle seller. He dreamed of kung fu. He dreamed of becoming a great and awesome kung fu master traveling the lands and fighting worthy foes by beating them with pure awesomeness and attractiveness.

But can a fat and flabby panda really learn kung fu? We don't know... yet. After all, no one has ever tried to teach kung fu to a panda... and even less people tried to beat people with awesomeness.

Today was a very special day, as the selection tournament for the new and awesome dragon warrior took place at the entrance to Master Oogway and Shifu's temple. And Pô wouldn't pass up the opportunity to attend for anything in the world. After all, the selection of the dragon warrior is the event of the century. Pretending to go sell noodles at the event, he set off with his noodle cart in the direction of the temple. His objective would only be a few dozen minutes' walk from the restaurant if it weren't for his old and most powerful enemy... stairs.

After 20 minutes of pure hell for Pô as he had to climb all the stairs leading to the entrance of the temple. However as he finally reached the top, the door was closed right before him, as the tournament started.

Eager to see the tournament and the furious five, Pô tried to watch the tournament by all means. Looking through a keyhole, through a window... but none of these was possible. He finally noticed some fireworks and built his own 'jetpack' using them, propelling himself through the air, but midway he lost control causing him to crash himself in the middle of the arena. All the spectators, the furious five, were riveted on him as Master Oogway designated him to become the Dragon Warrior.

Next week's chapter : Prison break.

41