[C9] Beating of bandits (part2)
650 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I'm back everyone and in good health! I had the flu for 1 week, which I spent entirely in bed. I'm still coughing a little but I'm fine. To celebrate, this week you have a 2000-word chapter to read.

Night falls as Tai Lung and William finally reach the bandits' camp, several hundred meters away, yet in the distance, lights and smoke are visible. Finally approaching the outskirts of the camp, Tai Lung and William see in detail the lights visible in the distance. Dozens of tents sheltering the bandits are built around several bonfires. Bandits drink, sing and dance around the bonfires, celebrating another successful day of plundering. At the center of all these tents, a larger, more luxurious tent is visible, with bandits watching over its surroundings.

(Here we are!) Said Tai Lung to William (Now all we have to do is take care of all these people) He said, ready to fight.

Just as Tai Lung was about to start dealing with the bandits. A group of isolated bandits arrived, and with them the cries of a woman.

"Hmpf ! Let go of me ! You're hurting me !" Said a woman's voice recognizable by Tai Lung and William.

Seeing the group enter the village, our two heroes recognize Ye Yan, who for some obscure reason has become the bandits' captive.

"You'll see, Mr Bai will take care of you all!" Says Ye Yan before being gagged by one of the bandits.

"She's finally quiet !" The bandits sighed in relief.

"The chief will be pleased with our gift" Said one of the bandits.

"Do you think we'll be allowed to have fun with her after the chief is done?" Said another with a lecherous face.

"Idiot, he'll kill you if you touch any of his property" warned another.

The group of bandits moved deeper into the camp until they were no longer visible to Tai Lung and William.

(It complicates things) Said William

(Tch, what a nuisance that woman is !) replied Tai Lung.

At the same moment, the bushes in which Tai Lung had been hiding moved, when suddenly Lark's head popped out of the bushes.

"What are you doing here?" Tai Lung asked sternly, "I told you not to follow me!"

"I know, but shortly after you left, Ye Yan slipped away to find the bandit camp and see you fighting. I followed her but when I arrived, she was already taken prisoner by the bandits and as they outnumbered me, I followed them hoping to take action when she would be left alone. The rest you know, I ran into you", Lark explained in a whisper.

"Right... Here's what we're going to do. We'll start by eliminating the bandits around the camp. When we've eliminated enough of them. I'll create a diversion by entering the camp and you, Lark, will discreetly enter the tent where Ye Yan is being held and free her. I'm counting on you to run away afterwards." Said Tai Lung, explaining his plan to Lark.

Tai Lung and Lark, having perfected their plan, waited until nightfall to take advantage of the darkness. Working as a team, they gradually eliminated the groups standing guard around the camp, luring them into the woods and discreetly knocking them out. After 2 hours. There are no bandits left around the camp, and the only ones left are those who are partying in the camp. Lark and Tai Lung separated, each with a different task.

Entering the village through the main gate, 2 drunken bandits approached Tai Lung.

"Hey, you aren’t a hyena? Who are you? A newcomer?" asked the 2 drunk hyenas.

However, instead of answering them, Tai Lung continued to approach them, accelerating his stride before doing a jump-kick to the first one, throwing him against the pole of a tent, causing it to collapse. The 2nd hyena, having seen her friend thrown violently by the leopard, recovered her senses, drew her weapon and tried to attack Tai Lung, raising her weapon high in the air, but before her blow could reach its target, Tai Lung grabbed the hyena's arm before delivering an ippon and throwing her against the ground, disarming her in the process. The hyena on the ground saw only a punch approach her face before falling unconscious.

"Good, now let's get rid of the others..." Said Tai Lung, looking at the unconscious hyena.

At the same time, however, Tai Lung ducked, avoiding a direct hit from a kanabô aimed at his head. Turning around, he saw before him a colossal hyena one head taller than all the others with well defined muscle. All the other bandits were behind him, their weapons ready for use.

"You're not bad, you saw my attack coming" said the hyena.

"Are you the bandit leader? "asked Tai Lung.

"Yes it's me, I'm the famous Liliang, remember my name in hell" Said the bandit leader then ordering his men to attack.

"Attack him !!! He won't be able to do anything against all of us !!!" shouted a hyena, encouraging the other bandits.

A first assault then attacked Tai Lung, who retaliated with punches and kicks. As a bandit further away fired his crossbow at Tai Lung, he grabbed one of the bandits, using him as a human shield. The fight continued for a bit as Tai Lung avoided the attacks coming straight at him and retaliated as the various waves of enemies attacked, Tai Lung didn't realize that the hyenas were gradually surrounding him, with the aim of cutting off his retreat.

Finding himself surrounded, the chief came face to face with him, ready to battle.

"Let's have fun little leopard" said Liliang, who then struck vertically his kanabô on the ground, creating web-like cracks.

Tai Lung avoided the kanabô blow and retaliated by striking Liliang's stomach with his fist before realizing that Liliang took the blow without flinching.

"You're pretty tough for a hyena" replied Tai Lung, who stepped back to avoid a second blow coming from liliang.

"I ate my soup when I was a kid" laughed Liliang, landing a horizontal blow.

(He's strong, Tai Lung, be careful) said William.

(Don't worry, he's harder to beat than the others, but once I've got an opening he won't stand a chance) replied Tai Lung, dodging more blows.

With the fight at a stalemate, Tai Lung backed up to a hyena that was part of the encirclement. With an elbow to the face, Tai Lung stunned the hyena, then grabbed his crossbow and fired a bolt at Liliang, who parried the shot with his kanabô.

Seeing an opening, Tai Lung threw down his weapon and ran at Liliang, pulling out his claws and leaping at his face. Giving the hyena an arm-lock, Tai Lung pulled back, causing Liliang to fall on his back.

On the ground, Liliang dropped his weapon, trying to grab Tai Lung to get rid of it. Tai Lung saw the hyena struggling and increased the force of his stranglehold, until after a few seconds the colossal hyena fell unconscious.

Releasing his grip, Tai Lung rose to his feet and looked at the hyenas, who until then had been confident, only to see fear creep into their eyes at the defeat of their leader.

Having lost their leader, the remaining bandits fought in disorderly fashion, and it was only a matter of minutes before they were all on the ground unconscious, unable to fight or flee. Tai Lung finally finished his role and scanned the camp, or rather what was left of it, to see if Lark and Ye Yan were still present.

Let's go back a few minutes

While Tai Lung was creating a diversion. At the same time, Lark infiltrated the largest tent in the camp, most likely that of the bandit leader. There he found Ye Yan bound and gagged, but unharmed. Lark rushed to free her before hugging her tightly.

"What took you so long?" Ye Yan said reassuringly.

"Whose fault is that? Mr Bai Mao and myself were right not to want you to come. Imagine what could have happened to you." Lark replied.

"Is Mr Bai here?" Ye Yan asked.

"He's providing a diversion by taking care of the bandits while we escape" replied Lark.

Ye Yan let go of Lark and looked through the opening in the tent door "While we're here let's watch him fight discreetly"

"You're irretrievable" said Lark as he too went to watch Tai Lung fight discreetly.

Back to the present

With all the bandits incapacitated on the ground, Lark and Ye Yan emerged from the tent, going straight to meet Tai Lung

"Mr. Bai, we're here!" Ye Yan shouted, waving at Tai Lung.

"What do we do with the bandits?" Lark asked.

"The best thing would be to call the local lord's soldiers. However, it may be several days before they get here" said Tai Lung, giving his opinion.

(Isn't it dangerous to bring the soldiers here? Could they recognize you?" asked William.

(It's the best thing to do to keep the village peaceful. We'll have to leave before the soldiers arrive) replied Tai Lung.

"Let's tie them up then and take them back to the village" said Ye Yan happily, rope in hand.

"I'll warn the villagers to come and help us" Said Lark running towards the village to fetch help.

Waiting for Lark to return with the villagers. Tai Lung and Ye Yan tied up the bandits so that they would be harmless when they came to their senses.

"Will you be leaving soon?" Ye Yan asked.

"As soon as the soldiers are nearby. I'll keep an eye on the bandits in the meantime" replied Tai Lung.

Ye Yan hearing Tai Lung's answer hesitated before asking a question "Mr Bai ... that's not your real name is it?" 

Hearing Ye Yan's question Tai Lung didn't answer letting Ye Yan continue looking him straight in the eye.

"I've seen you fight and you're really very strong, I've already gone to see Master thundering Rhino and Master Croc fighting in tournaments and the aura you let out when fighting is similar... though more aggressive all the same. It's strange that your name is not known with your strength. I may be an airhead, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid."

"I'm not a good person, Miss Ye Yan. It was better to lie to you to avoid getting into trouble," said Tai Lung finally decided to talk a little.

"Perhaps, I don't know what you've done in the past. However, I do know that you're not totally bad. When you woke up after being unconscious, there was no malice in your eyes and you helped us solve the bandit problem. So know that no matter who you are, thank you." finished Ye Yan gratefully.

"It's the other idiot's fault. I'd have left long before then." Tai Lung grumbled. 

“Whose fault ? “ Asked Ye Yan.

(Isn't it a great feeling to help someone, Tai Lung?) asked William.

(Shut up, you idiot, it's your fault our cover's blown... but i must say the feeling's not that bad… but know that it won’t become a habit) replied Tai Lung.

The villagers arrived to help transport all the bandits to the village. Ye Yan saw Tai Lung off and shouted "Don't worry, I won't say a word!" before looking at Tai Lung with a grateful smile.

(Don’t be shy, you’ve done a good deed) Said William smugly.

(Shut up !) grumbled Tai Lung.

Liliang's kanabô is the same weapon as Kaidou's in One Piece

10