Grey Family
2.7k 11 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The car stopped in front of a huge metal gate attached to fence walls made of bricks. The whole mansion was surrounded by the fence and every part of the fence had a strange pattern. A circular mark with three inverse stars was also inscribed on the metal gate.

The butler walked outside the car and opened the door for Sigil and Alicia.

No vehicles were allowed on the family property.

Kwinnnnng

The sound of the gate could make the listeners feel as if they had entered a medieval mansion.

"I will be at your service whenever you require me." The butler bowed and left with the car.

Alicia and Sigil calmly walked and entered the property.

'Wow!' No matter how many times he sees it, Sigil still felt astonished.

The whole property surpassed the area of 3 kilometres radius alongside many facilities and a mansion.

Footpaths were constructed for leading the path towards the various facilities while walking on the nearby lawns was strictly forbidden.

"So, our Rite of Witchcraft will be held in a month. Did you find yourself a 3 stars case or do you want to solve a 4 stars case together?"

Alicia asked as she looked at the beautiful flowers at the banks of the footpaths.

"Well, since we both haven't broken through to the chakra stage, let's solve a case together. There is not much of a difference between 3 stars and a 4 stars case and we can provide back up to each other."

Sigil thought for a moment before he spoke.

'Are you kidding me? This body is so athletic that I haven't been able to control all my movements. Going alone will be death.'

Sigil snorted in his mind. He already had a large built compared to his peers. This alongside the act of opening the sixth gate already made him a superhuman in terms of his previous world.

"Sure thing. I actually found a four stars case just 30 kilometres away."

They both chatted as they reached near the old mansion.

In front of the big manor was a statue of a wolf made of pure silver. Just a look at the statue clearly indicates the care and maintenance. The Silver Wolf seemed as shining magnificently. Even the sharp look in its eye indicates that this was no normal wolf.

The wolf was sitting in an attention position while the onlookers could feel the wolf's pride and noble aura. The statue was so incredibly detailed that even the fur of the wolf was carved out in a precise manner.

A tablet with the word 'Grey' was inscribed on the supporting base of the statue.

The statue was placed in a small, circular lawn with bushes of black roses surrounding it. The viewers could easily feel the image of a proud wolf rising through the darkness as he tore a path towards the light.

'Man, stuff like this remind me that we are not on my Earth anymore.'

Sigil admired as a silent sigh escaped from his head.

"Well, I will send you the details of our case through an email. You should go freshen up since Dad will be joining us at the dinner." The door of the manor was opened by one of the maids as they both entered.

"Master will be joining us?"

"You should call him Dad too. Either way, he wants to talk about our preparations and thoughts about the first familiar." She walked near him as she knocked on his head.

Since her build was smaller than his, she had to stretch her toes a little.

"Master is master. Besides, I will be calling him Father-in-law soon." he returned the gesture as they went to their own rooms.

"Huff"

Sigil immediately slumped on his bed after entering his bedroom.

"I tell you! Transmigration ain't a walk in the park."

He spoke to himself as he closed his eyes to clear his thought process.

"I have to get a good control over the body before going out for a hunt."

He sighed as he stood up and entered the bathroom to take a shower and change his clothes.

After changing into a black t-shirt and a pair of dark-blue denims, he sat on his desk and fired up his laptop to check local news and download the case file sent by Alicia.

"Um... pretty standard stuff….oh ok, bones crushed and internal organs turned into a mush... uh... a pattern of five years? That's pretty long. Well, all the victims are blonde girls with a thing for stripping in a club."

He started looking through the files and thought of various kinds of monstrous existence that could fit the description of the killer.

*Knock Knock*

"Young Master Sigil, it is time for dinner." A maid's voice could be heard from outside the door, causing Sigil to shut down his laptop.

The diner was constructed on the ground floor, right beside the living room.

He walked quickly since he didn't want the head of the family to wait for him. As he entered the diner, he was a long dining table with fifteen chairs on both the sides along with two chairs at the end of the table filled with only two people. The rest was empty.

On the seat of the head was sitting a young man in his early twenties. His hair was dark brown with the characteristic silver eyes. His facial features belonged to the good-looking side and had an aura of a noble scholar.

The moment Sigil saw him, he immediately kneeled on one leg.

"Sigil greets Master."

"Will you please stop this. Even I am embarrassed to see my son and now, son-in-law kneeling every time he sees me."

This man was John Grey. The head of the Witch Family Grey. One of the leading witch expert and a monster hunter of the district.

"Yes."

Sigil stood up as he made his way toward the left side of John.

"Sit here."

Alicia hadn't arrived yet and the right seat to John's was empty. He quickly pointed Sigil towards the right side of his seat.

The right seat to the head's seat was an indirect method of presentation of trust.

Sigil did not say anything and sat on the right chair, right next to John.

"Do you know the reason I joined here today?" John asked as a maid served the dinner.

"Since Alicia told me about Master coming here but not arriving here herself, I would think that you want to talk something about me."

Sigil spoke as he waited for John to start eating first.

"Sigh, to tell the truth, I have never been so proud of you since you played my song on that piano. No gambling, no red light district, no bullying, nothing. All I am here to say is that you did not let me down." John smiled at Sigil as he placed a bite in his mouth.

Sigil flinched a little at his words.

How could John not know about Sigil's actions? Sigil was the only adopted child in the Grey Family with the treatment equal to the princess of the Grey Family- Alicia Grey.

They both did not speak after that and ate their dinner quietly.

After they both finished, John was the first one to get up.

"From now on, you call me Father or Dad. Stop with your 'Master' crap."

John didn't wait for any reply as he walked away.

"Also, start your morning workout routine once again. You have just opened your sixth gate and need to stabilise your body with proper training."

Even though John had disappeared, Sigil could still hear him easily.

28