Brewing Spell
1.6k 11 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Crush the nails of the vampire.'

Sigil had already returned to his room. Right now, he was sitting on his study, in front of a small bowl.

The pouch that he and Alicia obtained in the form of a reward for completing a mission was already untied and some materials could be seen.

Sigil already had a pair of surgical gloves on as he slowly crushed a black nail using a small metal bar.

Some of the materials, if handled inappropriately, may cause the witch to suffer from consequences.

For example, the vampire's nail. It was well known that the vampire converts a human into their kind using the venom secreted from their canines. But their nails were a completely different matter. Their nails, if used correctly, may cure a disease or cause a terrible one if infected.

Sigil slowly crushed the nail on a piece of paper. After completing the process, he carefully slid the contents on the paper into the bowl.

'Next, battering the Raksha Eye.'

He controlled his nervousness as he took out a small eye from the pouch. The whole eye was black with a light green pupil. 

Curse, Nurture and Self!

These were the three characteristics of the witch nature.

The curse was a part of the study where a witch gains the knowledge about various spells that can be used to heal, kill and exorcise.

Nurture was a part of Witchcraft related to nurturing of familiars gained in the higher levels.

Self was a part of the study where a witch meditates to connect with nature and attain the wisdom of a higher realm.

The three parts of the Witchcraft are interrelated and codependent to each other.

Each study contains broad diversification and endless knowledge. Every single witch has his own thoughts, leading him to have his own comprehension and his own path. The collection of millions of witches created the foundation of witchcraft and a path for future Witches.

The spell that Sigil was working on was a one-time Cultivation spell of the Curse Study.

A curse isn't always a bad thing. It can be used to nurture a body or destroy a body.

Even though Sigil had experience of the previous body, he still felt a little repulsed when a sensation of 'squishiness' was transferred to his brain from his fingers holding the black eye.

He took a deep breath to calm his thoughts.

He was a genius!

In the profession of Witchcraft, a genius isn't someone with extraordinary potential hidden inside the physical body, it is the potential of a witch's mind and his comprehension ability.

No matter how much of a silk pants Sigil became after associating with Redhawk's youngest scion, he was still a genius with more than seventy percent success rate in the completion of entry-level spells.

He put the black eye in the middle of the bowl, on the powdered nail.

He picked up a small spoon and slowly squeezed the eye with the backside of the spoon.

When he saw all kinds of liquid spurting out, he almost vomited. He controlled his urges and did not delay the process by squishing the eye slowly. He flattened the eye as dark green liquid filled the bottom of the bowl, covering the powdered nail.

He repeatedly battered the mixture and then cleaned the spoon with a tissue before tossing, both the tissue paper and the spoon into the dustbin beside the study table.

Now, the whole mixture looked dark-green and smooth, except some floating threads that were originally a part of the eye.

'Wings of the eight-legged ant.'

He took out a thin pair of finger-sized wings and placed it inside the mixture. He did not mix it and let it remain floating.

'Now, the main part.'

He picked a small silver knife and made a cut on his palm, letting his blood fall on the dark-green liquid.

Some spells required a witch's blood as a medium to execute the spell. 

"Self-type curse and nurturing spells mostly require the blood of the witch. It not only allows the spell to be compatible with the witch because if the exposure to the blood, but it also connects the soul of the witch to the spell."

Sigil recalled the most basic lecture on the spell as he himself felt a surge of energy connecting his being to the liquid in front of him.

Without wasting any more time, he immediately started reciting the spell.

'The spell belongs to the modern era and is relatively easy to execute. I have the foundations of the previous owner and just need to be careful.'

"Hdery Glomin Dityse be Grameek Kloman…"

As Sigil started reciting the spell, he felt a part of his being getting exhausted. It wasn't physical exhaustion but mental. His soul was used as the fuel to conduct the spell with his blood as the medium.

The dark-green liquid started to converge on the pair of thin wings, dying the transparent wings into a light-green color.

"Sigh, success." 

He leaned back on his chair and let out an exhausted sigh.

The next step was to let the wing soak in the liquid for 8 hours.

He got up and went to his bathroom.

"Uoooo Ghouuu."

Sounds of vomiting rang inside the empty room. 

After emptying his stomach, he cleaned up his study and covered the bowl with a silver cover.

He wrapped up all the wasted equipment in a plastic bag and handed over the bag to the maid placed outside his room.

Huff

He slumped on his bed and set an alarm before sleeping to rest his tired mind and soul.

***

Beep Beep Beep

It was five in the evening as Sigil's smartphone started vibrating with a sound of 'beep beep' coming off it.

It was the alarm!

The door of his room clicked open as his maid walked inside his room. She was wearing a traditional maid costume of black and white. Her snow white hair, similar to Sigil were combed neatly remained open, flowing down her back. A black coloured headband kept her hair from falling on her beautiful face. She had healthy skin with a pair of pitch-black pupils.

Her face had soft and beautiful features. 

She was Sigil's personal maid and the previous owner's 'first time'!

"Master! You always set the alarm but never wake up!"

She softly pulled his blanket and started shaking Sigil's shoulder, causing him to finally wake up from his sleep.

"Hmm? Martha?"

He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

He felt a little awkward around her at first, but now, he had become casual around her antics.

"Say, Master? You always look painful when you wake up." She sat on the edge of Sigil's bed as her hands trailed up his legs, towards a bulging tent.

"Don't worry! It's just puberty."

He smiled and got up. Even though he was casual, that didn't mean that he would let anyone touch him whenever someone wanted to. It should be the other way around.

Martha also got up after her failed attempt of teasing. The bulge remained in his pants, though.

'It was better when I grew older. I could at least hide it. And what's with this size?'

Sigil felt both lucky and unlucky to be stuck in this body. 

Lucky because he was talented with a good foundation, good physique and a manly face. Unlucky because he had to clean up the past mess left by the original owner.

"Martha, what gate have you reached?"

He checked her out as he spoke. Before he arrived, the original Sigil made Martha wear a knee-length skirt with a tight maid blouse, so that he could check out her curvaceous body thick thighs whenever he wanted. Sigil understood his past counterpart's urges because Martha was a 'disaster' to any man. More dangerous than Alicia, Linda and Beth combined.

"Reporting to master, I have already opened the Eighth Gate of Death. I am currently trying to breakthrough the Chakra Stage and make a contract with my familiar."

Sigil nodded and spoke out.

"You already know that the top five from the rite will be allowed to bring another person to the ancestral pool. Be prepared when the time comes."

"Yes, Master."

Martha did not have a joyous expression since she could reach the chakra stage anytime. She only had the expression of expectation and a grateful feeling in her heart.

"I will be eating dinner in my room. The usual, alright?"

"Yes, Master."

She stood up and walked towards the exit.

She walked slowly and her loose robes still couldn't contain her sexy back. Sigil's gaze also walked her out. 

Before she walked out, her hand suddenly slapped her own butt.

Pah

The sound startled awake Sigil as he looked at the smiling Martha winking at him.

He could only shake his head as she walked out of the room with a cheerful smile on her face.

Martha Love, nineteen years old, the genius of the family. The only reason she was unrecognised is that it wasn't any Elders that brought her in the family. It was Sigil himself.

Until he becomes an Elder, her status will remain that to a maid.

This was also why she wasn't allowed to have the familiars from the family and couldn't enter the ancestral pool during her own Rite of Witchcraft.

As he started dressing, he heard a knock on his door followed by Alicia's voice.

"We are coming in!"

Truly shameless!

Sigil hurriedly pulled up his pants before any misunderstanding could be caused.

The door clicked open, revealing Alicia and the blue-haired Bethany Grey. Unlike the usual Grey, she was a blue-haired woman because of her mother's curse. 

Her mother was afflicted with a curse from an enemy witch. To remove the curse, her body needed to be altered. Bethany's father, the supreme elder of the family and John Grey performed the surgery themselves.

Alicia's mother was pregnant at that time and some of the changes also affected Bethany, causing her to be a little different than the regular Grey offsprings.

"You ready?"

Alicia sat on the edge of his bed as Sigil combed his hair. 

He wasn't in any strange world where spiky and otherworldly hair looked cool. Sigil preferred neat and well maintained hair.

Bethany, on the other hand, opened the silver lid of the bowl and showed a surprised expression.

"Sigil, you already completed the spell?" Bethany already knew about the reward for Alicia.

Even Alicia felt a little surprised at her words.

"Well, I did not have anything else on my hands. Beth, didn't you already choose a case?" 

He smoothly diverted the conversation topic as he finally got ready.

"Yeah! It's a three-star case. Hopefully, it won't steer off like your first case."

She sighed. She chose a creature hunt rather than a ghost hunt.

Presumably, she would be hunting a vampire.

"You taking any backup?"

Alicia asked in concern.

Bethany nodded and gave them the details of the case.

"Ricardo? He is just a second gate expert."

Alicia frowned as she heard her beastie's idea.

"Even I thought the same way. But his battle experience is very high. I tested him in a sparring match and if it wasn't for me having a stronger body, I would have lost to him easily."

Bethany was a genius spell master with four of her energy gates unlocked. If she was praising Ricardo so much then he is definitely something.

"What did you mean by battle experience?" Sigil asked in confusion.

Bethany took a moment before replying.

"Just like Alicia practice Martial Arts, you practice Boxing and I practice Swordplay, we all have a method and a pattern of fighting. But Ricardo… he-... he is like a beast in a fight. Pure instinct, no pattern."

Hearing her words, they both felt shocked, especially Sigil.

He remembered the strange occurrence in the classroom and his belief of Ricardo being a reincarnator or a transmigrator like him became even stronger.

If Bethany's words were true, then it meant that Ricardo was already a master level close combat practitioner.

"That won't do! I will hire a professional for you as a backup."

Alicia immediately denied.

Bethany and Alicia immediately entered into a heated argument.

"How about this? You take Mest as your backup. I think that he still hasn't chosen any case and he would be more than happy to collaborate with you."

Sigil spoke out, causing both of them to go silent.

As if sensing something weird, he asked both of them.

"What happened?"

"You know that Mest is a well know pervert, right?"

'Of course, this body only knows the well-known pervert.'

After a lot of fighting, Bethany finally conceded to Alicia and accepted the idea of hire hunting.

Meanwhile, Ricardo did not even know that his another plan had failed even after he tried helping the two persons who became the reason of this failure.

After the three of them had their fun, they returned back to their respective rooms, preparing for their case or cultivation.

After eating his food brought in by Martha, he finally waited for another three hours as he did some basic exercise to get even more familiar with his body, he walked up to his study and opened the silver lid.

21