Seventh Gate
1.5k 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pair of crystal-like wings was placed inside the bowl. Around the beautiful pair of wings, the whole bowl had a dark-green residue-like substance stuck on its inner surface.

"The Wings of the Fallen Fairy Ant."

Sigil sighed as he looked at the successful spell. This spell was a method to create a pair of wings of fairy creatures of legends.

Since this spell belonged to Cultivation category of the Curse knowledge of the Witchcraft, Sigil was only required to utilise these beautiful wings in an appropriate manner and increase his Cultivation by unlocking the Seventh Energy Gate of Wonder.

Usually, these spells are not available readymade because of the compatibility issues and even if there was any Spell related to Cultivation completed and made available in a readymade fashion, its price would be astronomical.

He picked up the pair of crystal wings after putting on his gloves.

The Wings were pure in nature, it was the residue that was corrosive to human skin.

After placing the pair of wings on the silver lid, he threw the bowl in his trashcan and quickly covered it in a plastic bag.

After completing all the necessary safety measures, he picked up the silver lid and sat on his bed cross-legged.

His eyes were closed as he started meditating.

Meditating belonged to the 'Self' part of the Witchcraft. 

Even if a witch can increase his power using various materials, it will be limited to the Eight Gates Stage. To truly step into the Chakra stage, one needed to be in sync with his mind and body.

As he controlled his breathing, various thoughts in his mind seemed to be disappearing. Of course, it was just a feeling. A person's thoughts cannot disappear completely until he dies. This feeling of lightness was to be credited to the years of hard work and meditation performed by the original Sigil.

In the darkness, Sigil could finally see six glowing globes of light, connected by a bright light. Akin to stars in the night sky, the glowing globes of light seemed to be forming a strange constellation.

Sigil had a feeling that this constellation was incomplete and his mind moved towards a vague globe of light covered by darkness. He could see the bright light that connected the six star-like gates flowing towards the vague ball of light.

Sigil's hand touched the pair of crystal wings and held them in his right palm.

He slowly brought the pair of wings in front of his face and broke the pair of wings in half using both of his hand.

"Sssssssss!"

Even though Sigil's eyes were closed, he still took a deep breath the moment the crystal wings broke in half.

A small puff of green smoke, around the size of a pea, emerged from the broken wings. The smoke was inhaled the moment Sigil set it free.

In Sigil's subconscious world, he could detect a huge creature in green.

The creature looked like a three-storied tall Ant with eight legs and a pair of gigantic crystal wings.

'Pixie Dust!'

Yes! This was the legendary pixie dust of the mythical Fairy species.

Witchcraft is a mystical profession with a foundation of more than a thousand years. Many great heroes emerged during these times and many new innovations also appeared in the three Fields of Witchcraft- Curse, Nurture, Self.

This spell was an ingenious method to imitate a real Fairy's wings and create a small amount of pixie dust. Pixie Dust is considered to be one of the most valuable Cultivation resources and only a small amount of it was enough for Sigil to reach the Seventh Energy Gate of Wonder without damaging his foundations.

The Giant Ant inside his subconscious was a projection of the Pixie Dust created using the wings of Eight-Legged Ant.

Sigil could also fell a connection with the giant ant as he could control the huge mass of energy using his own will.

This was because of the blood from his palms. Since his own blood was imbued with the spell, he certainly had full control over this energy. If he wanted to, he can snap his fingers and the whole cloud of energy would dissipate.

Sigil cleared his head from stray thoughts and willed the Giant Ant to move towards the ball of light covered in black.

As the energy went past the original six gates, they were being constantly nourished by the Fairy Energy, strengthening Sigil's bodily foundation.

"Chi"

An ear piercing sound rang out as the Giant Ant collided with the darkness.

This darkness was the Seventh Gate of Wonder and the ball of light that he could vaguely feel was the energy that would be unleashed after the opening of the gate.

***

Ricardo was meditating cross-legged on his bed. His face looked gloomy as he was given the news that Bethany wouldn't be taking him to her case.

Now, the top three geniuses of the family had already selected their cases and two of them had already completed it. If he couldn't get a good record, he wouldn't be allowed to enter the Ancestral pool. There was another method of entering the Ancestral pool, though. He could enter the pool using the invitation from one of the top five candidates of the Rite of this year.

He shook his head at this thought.

'Why would someone invite me?'

He sighed as he cleared his head.

He took a deep breath as he started recalling his experience.

He was reincarnated into his past self after dying from the overpowering might of the Rakshasa Emperor.

He had seen many spells and methods that would only appear in the future and yet he still tried to be level headed.

After all, even with all the advantages, he still died in the end.

A bright light shined in the middle of his forehead as his expression became peaceful and relaxed.

Curse, Nurture and Self.

Ricardo could be considered a master in all the three parts of the Witchcraft.

His knowledge about the curses of various kinds was incomparably deep. His methods of nurturing the familiars were outstanding and his experience allowed him to have high attainments in the realm of Self.

If any of the Elder of the Family saw Ricardo in this condition, they would be shocked.

The Realm of Soul Searching.

This was a high attainment of Meditation where a Witch not only sync his mind and body, but also his soul.

Ricardo opened his eyes and sighed.

His soul had become too peculiar!

All his past experiences were actually imprinted on his soul like an inheritance. And the strange part was that these experiences were locked.

In other words, he still had all the knowledge and high meditation attainment, but all of his practical experience was locked and he had no idea about the key to this lock.

He even had to practice his fighting style for four hours a day before he was familiar with his past body.

He shook his head and went to his sleep. He had already decided to complete a simple One Star Case and would apply for the same the very next morning.

***

Chi

Chi

Chi

The green coloured, phantom ant let out silent roars as it struck against the gate of wonder.

The pitch black darkness that covered the seventh energy point now had many cracks as if it was a solid surface. A soft and warm glow of light emerged from these cracks on the gate.

Sigil looked at the Pixie Dust in the form of the eight-legged Ant.

The giant ant had already shrunk to three metres tall and its body looked exhausted.

'One last strike!'

The Ant shot towards the veil like gate and its wings let out a brilliant glow.

Crack

Seventh Energy Gate of Wonder achieved!

The veil-like darkness disappeared as most of his subconscious space was lit up. Seven globes of light connected by a straight line of light now reversed its direction.

The seventh gate of wonder was located right below navel while the Eighth Gate of Death was located in the middle of a person's heart.

Sigil let out a turbid breath and opened his eyes. His whole body felt light and his eyes sparkled even at night. 

"Huff! Time to sleep."

***

The next day, Bethany had already left the estate to complete her case alongside a hired manpower appointed by her father- The Supreme Elder of the Family.

Meanwhile, Ricardo had also gotten up early to find a one-star case nearby the town and continue his daily practice.

Even Sigil woke up with Martha's help. He had specifically told her to wake him up early in the morning.

He brushed his teeth and combed his hair before leaving the room in his yesterday's clothes.

He slowly trailed the training ground of the Estate and finally found his target.

Sigil was a salesman in his previous life. He was very good at his job and even helped the Marketing Department of their company to formulate decent policies and plans that allowed the profits of the company to rise by a decent amount.

Through his years of practice, he knew one thing- Never leave a single Variable out.

Even though this world was different, the concept of life was similar and so was his theory about the variable.

In front of him stood a thin youth with black hair and grey eyes. He looked quite pitiful when compared to Sigil's physique.

"Ricardo, I want to talk to you."

23