Ch.4 F*ck em Gods
255 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why the hell do I have to in this world of all places? Do you guys like me to see suffering or what?” Jack was considering following the earlier suggestion of the system as he didn’t want to be a slave of another goddess in any circumstance.

 

<How about checking the upgrades I got instead of throwing a tantrum right in the middle of a forest filled with monsters?>

 

“Ugh, I guess you are right,” Jack mumbled as he realised that what he was doing there was only detrimental for him and could put him in a lot of danger,

 

<Additionally, you can always follow my earlier suggestion as it’s always open.>

 

“I will think about it so tell me about the inventory and mission.” Nodding slightly, he rose from his place and started moving away from it as he knew that there were chances of monsters coming there due to noises.

 

<Before that, I would recommend checking your skill tab as you have some starting skills, unlike last time.>

 

“Ayo? Really? You guys are being pretty generous even though you put me in another shit world tho.” He said while walking swiftly as he remembered opening his skill tab in the last world and all he saw was none available. 

 

<It's compensation for saving the world.>

 

“Ohh also why did you suddenly stop calling me master?” Jack noticed that suddenly this thing stopped calling him even though he liked it.

 

<Cause you like to be called that.>

 

“Yeah, so call me that.” He nodded with a smile on his face as it was fun being superior to that bitch’s creations.

 

<Okay… master.>

 

“I can feel the lack of enthusiasm but we will deal with that later, for now.” Jack decided to tease the system later as he knew it was intentionally not calling him master and focused on the more important stuff.

 

“Skill.” Just as he said that an almost transparent blue window appeared in front of him like the stat page containing little information.

Eyes of “???” (Not fully unlocked)  
Type Innate Skill
Rank ???
Description The user will have higher perception and visual acuity. Allows the user to see the detailed status of all inanimate objects. Allow the user to see through low-level illusions. 
Remark Seems like your average run-in-the-mill eye skill but in a worse version.

“Who is the one that is writing these remarks?” Jack asked with an annoyed tone as he wasn’t interested in seeing those below the abilities he had.

 

<I don’t have the authority to give you that information.>

 

“Weren’t you being rebellious earlier, what’s with now sticking to rules? Tell me already.” 

 

<I don’t have the authority to give you that information.>

 

“How about telling me what these question marks real identity is?” Jack was curious about that as he remembered getting something similar in the last world but he wasn’t able to ever find it’s identity.

 

<I don’t have the authority to give you that information.>

 

Realising that this guy was not going to give him the answer, he decided to use the skill to check the stats of the mirror in his hand.

Item Simple Hand Mirror
Type Vanity Item
Rank F
Description A simple hand mirror that can be used to see your reflection.
Remark Would not recommend using it, as your face might give you trauma.

“This bitch.” Realising he couldn't escape these shitty remarks, he decided to focus on the other info and realised that this was pretty useful in selecting which item is trash and which is good.

 

“Anyway, next skill.”

Body of “???” (Not fully unlocked)  
Type Innate Skill
Rank ???
Description Allows the user to resist lower ranked abnormal condition. Increases the pain tolerance of the user. Increase the growth rate of users by three times.
Remark Perfect skill for a masochist, also three times zero is still zero.

“Ohh pretty good skill and with my experience, it will be even better.” Jack straight up ignored the remark mocking him and just focused on the description and realised that this thing was going to make his adventures much easier.

 

“Next one then.”

Fuck em gods (Not fully unlocked)  
Type Innate Skill
Rank A
Description Allows the user to lie to a god. The user doesn’t need falna or gods to increase his strength and level up.
Remark Looks like your hate for god was so strong that this manifested, pretty impressive.

The more he read the skill, the wider his smile got as he realised he didn’t have to be a slave and additionally with the effect of other skills, he could have a much easier time in this world.

 

“Okay I forgive you guys for putting me in this shit world, but I am still gonna kill that bitch tho.” While humming he tried to check the next skill and realised that he only had just three of those but he wasn’t dissatisfied as those three were pretty good.

 

<It’s good that you are pretty easy to please master, now the next feature is inventory and currently it contains 20 slots and a maximum of 99 similar items can be stored in 1 slot.>

 

“Ohh finally I got the basic inventory but isn’t it pretty small?” Jack realised that this system was pretty cheeky but decided to ignore it as he was happy that he didn’t have to carry stuff in a large backpack anymore but was confused by the small amount of slots as that makes it pretty useless.

 

<The inventory slot can be upgraded by using magic crystals obtained from the monsters.>

 

“Oh that’s fair, also did that goblin have a magic crystal?” Jack suddenly realised that in a hurry, he forgot to gather the loot and even take that goblin’s knife.

 

Realising he made such a novice mistake, he rubbed his forehead in annoyance as he knew couldn’t go back there due to other monsters gathering there due to the smell of blood.

 

<There are small chance of magic crystal being present in a monster body, master.>

 

“Still… I guess no use crying over spilled milk.” With a sigh, he put the thought of the goblin aside and focused on the mirror in his hand and after a few seconds, it suddenly disappeared from his hand.

 

“Inventory.” Suddenly a blue translucent window appeared with rows and columns and Jack could see 5 slots of inventory being filled.

 

Each of the slots had a small image of what the item was, the first one was the small hand mirror and in the next slot, he saw a wooden sword and tried to think about getting it out of there.

 

“Ohh it’s pretty cool,” Jack mumbled as he saw a wooden sword appear in his hand, suddenly Jack stopped his movement and got in a combat stance while facing towards bushes behind him, as he heard a familiar laughing noise from there.

 

“Goblins.”

9