442 | Bonney
229 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

442 | Bonney

Elsewhere, Jewelry Bonney tore into a seaside tavern on a remote island, her rowdy crew following behind her for yet another session of chaos. The pink-haired menace gleefully stomped toward the largest, meanest-looking group of pirates occupying the hall. 

"Who are you bitch?"

Bonney's eye twitched, "First you shouldn't have done that. And second…" she narrowed her eyes at the borken plates of half-eaten food, "you shouldn't have wasted food!"

Before the unfortunate rogues could react, Bonney was among them, flipping tables with wild abandon. Treasure, playing cards, and drinks splattered in all directions. As the first bruiser swung a meaty fist her way, she dodged the blow, grabbing his extended wrist. In an instant, her victim shrank down into a bawling toddler, sailor garb comically hanging off his tiny frame. 

"Wha...what the fu…?!?" exclaimed one of the still-adult pirates. He fumbled for his sword, only for Bonney to vault up and slap her palm against his stubbly cheeks. 

Now a frightened child stood quivering where once an adult marauder had been. More screams echoed as one-by-one the bar's occupants encountered the terrible fate of Bonney's regression powers. 

Bonney crew jumped on the opportunity and punched on the distracted group of pirates. A brawl breaking out among them.

Soon the tavern floor was filled with weeping children, oversized clothes piled where ruthless buccaneers had once caroused. Bonney dusted off her hands, grinning as her crew offered laughs and applause.

A sharp rap at the abused tavern door gave Bonney pause. Flicking away a lock of pink hair, she called, "It's open - but you better have grub if you're coming in!"

The entrance swung wide, framing the familiar form of "Fire-Fist" Ace, second division commander of the Whitebeard pirates. His signature orange cowboy hat perched atop windswept raven locks. Over one shoulder hung a massive duffel, bulging with packets and parcels. Ace swept his hat off and offered an exaggerated bow. "Special delivery for the notorious sweet-tooth Bonney!" he proclaimed grandly. 

Behind Ace hovered the phoenix-esque figure of First Mate Marco, his knowing gaze taking in the aftermath of Bonney's latest tantrum.

"Ace!!" Squealing in delight, Bonney seized the laden bag from her friend and began tearing it open like a kid. Ace and Marco watched in amusement as she fished out containers of chocolate fudge, sour gummy worms, maple nut cakes, and other tooth-rotting treasures. 

In seconds Bonney was cramming confections into her mouth with ecstatic abandon, bare feet tapping a happy rhythm. 

Despite north of 100 million beli to her new bounty, the fearsome Bonney reduced to gleeful childishness at the prospect of her beloved sweets. The crew didn't mind though, they were just as happy to see Ace. 

Marco saw the scene in some amusement, Ace had gotten lost on the sea once, because of course, he will. But the Bonney pirates helped him find island, and since then Ace had been their ally. 

Mainly brought in all the sweet stuff he could find for Bonney, and Marco had to say, the girl really liked her sweet. For a second, Marco wondered if Bonney was some secret child of Big Mom or not. Her appetite surely did hint there. 

Marco shook away the amused thoughts for now. 

"You guys are the best!" Bonney declared around a mouth stuffed comically full. "Here - pull up a seat!" She indicated a miraculously still-standing table near one wall. As Ace and Marco settled themselves, she zipped over and dumped an armload of cold drinks before them. "Drink up!" she cheered. "Oh, and watch your elbows - Jason still sometimes cries over there when you bump him." She jabbed a thumb at the pile of discarded clothes marking where the largest buccaneer had once sat. From within the mound came the faint sound of sniffling.

Ace barked a laugh then enjoying the wild and randomness of the moment. For an infamous troublemaker, Bonney had chosen her friends well. Shared time together came easily, their laughter and stories filling the battered tavern. 

The Whitebeards, mainly Marco and Ace's division were making a rounds in paradise after getting out from Fishman Island. Ace wanted to meet his old mentor Rayleigh, but who would have known they would find Bonney here at Sabaody? 

After an entertaining interlude, Ace regarded Bonney fondly. "You know you might just be able to out eat my brother," he said with some amusement, "He's a challenge." 

She huffed, a bit childish, "I doubt it… no one can out-eat me!" she said, puffing out her chest, making all the pirates break into cheer and laughter. 

While Marco wondered as to why Ace had brought him here, Ace was thinking of something else. Even though he tried to deny it, old man Whitebeard wasn't doing well health-wise. And maybe Bonney would be able to help the old man. 

How he was going to convince her was another task entirely. But for Whitebeard, he had to do it. 

What all the pirates didn't see was a hidden figure peeking through the windows eying the whitebeard pirates cautiously. A figure with bear-like ears on his head. 

— — — 

A/N: The chapters are a bit short. But has some important things on board. 

Those of you who are caught up the recent One Piece release will get it. But yeah… things might get pretty interesting. 

-----

Shameless Pa-atreon plug. I've got one, goes by the username (FallenCrown) on there. 
Support me if you want, but don't feel pressured, I'll be uploading my stuff outside it regardless and not keeping it all behind a paywall or anything like that.
Read my other fics if you have the time. If you want to have a chat with me, hit me up on discord.
discord.gg/Gnxnuw56ks
Gnxnuw56ks

9