(Chpt. 19) Decision
3.5k 17 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Okay... that went south really quickly... But the poll did win. Anyway, if this chapter doesn't get a lot of favorites then I don't know what will. So please make sure to favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it and approve of it.

 

“You!” EH?! “Take off your cloak!” What was she talking about? 

 

As soon as she made her demand she continued to furiously walk towards me. Her amber eyes were continuously pinned on me, leaving me no room to even move. 

“Why would I take it off?!” I said in disbelief. “I just want to buy some things you know.” 

 

She stopped for a second, although her eyes still lingered on my head. Her tail was still wagging albeit a lot more slowly. She didn’t seem fully convinced, but ignoring that, why did she want me to remove my cloak so bad. I mean, was it a no cloak zone? The wolf-girl sighed.

 

“Hmm… Is that so? I don’t think I believe you.” She was wearing a similar outfit to mine, except no cloak and well, her almond tail clearly had a small gap to come out and move around. “Well, what is it you needed, then?” She wasn’t terribly friendly but seemed to have calmed down, as I processed her question she made her way to in front of me behind the counter and sniffed a bit, kind of like an actual wolf. She thought for a second and continued to smell a bit more.

 

“Weird…” I heard her mutter but I guess it was nothing but a mutter. She suddenly smiled and her attitude turned a lot more cheerful.

 

“Sorry about that dear Collector! I just had a bad feeling, that’s all.” Haha…

“Yeah…” As I awkwardly agreed she made her way around the counter and happily stood next to me. I was just slightly taller than her, I noticed she tried to see the rest of my head from under my cloak by slightly leaning into me but failed at it.

 

“So, what does a Collector like you need here?" Her tone was still friendly. 

“Umm, actually… I was looking for a Master board.” Her eyes widened for a second.

“Master board, is it? We have a lot of types, come with me.” I nodded, and she stood by my side.

 

“Em, aren’t you going to g⁠— Eek.” She held my ass, and simply pushed me as she walked along. Why? It was akin to a man holding a woman’s lower-back bone as they walked. Although she completely ignored my pathetic yelp... and I didn’t feel at danger. So I guess it was normal… The last thing I wanted was to make a fuzz about something and attract attention...

 

“Is it always like that?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Grabbing… the… ass…” I said as I blushed. 

“Oh, yeah… totally…” She was lying! “It was my mistake… Did I think wrong?” She muttered to herself once again. Tell me… what the hell is going through your brain to assault me? 

 

I sighed. “Well, can you at least show me what’s the difference between all the boards.” I looked around, and indeed. Every table was sorted with a different type of board. 

 

“Well, if you are looking for a master board. Then I believe you are looking for this.” She grabbed one, it was similar to the one the Collector gave to me. To be honest, they all looked the same to me except some had grids and some didn't. 

 

“Hmhm, is there something to see a full list of titles and things?” I asked my truest thoughts yet. 

“Well, then. I believe you are still looking for a Master Board, but if you want actual details of what everything does, then I believe you are looking for an EXR Master Board.” 

“EXR?” I asked the unfamiliar word. 

“Hmm, Experience Rated Master Board, or something like that. Sorry I am not very good with the names of them…” She clumsily smiled as she closed her eyes, she seemed oddly innocent, that was until she looked at my hooded head again and her expression changed ever so slightly. 

 

“I see… How much is an E-EXR Master Board?” I asked in a stutter. 

“Two-hundred-and-ninety-Rwyd.” Eh? “Did you hear me? 290 Rwyd.” That was almost everything I had to my name... “Too expensive for you? If⁠— 

“Does it offer some kind of return policy?” I interrupted her comment.

“Not really no.” She was kind of surprised. “Can you even afford it?” I could tell, she was slightly mad. 

 

“I mean, I can…”

“You can?!” Eh. 

“I mean… yeah…” What was with her? 

“I see… Well, would you like to buy it?” She cheerfully asked. She was… weird. 

 

I was a bit shocked by her sudden mood swings and simply did not reply. 

 

“Being a Collector must pay a lot.” She said as she attempted to make some small-talk.

“I mean… I guess?” I had no idea if 290 was a lot… “It’s pretty rough though…” 

She didn’t answer for a second. “Hmhm. How rough is it?” Her voice was kind of off, even for just a moment. There was some kind of hostility. 

 

“Well… I almost died several times.” Hah… I sighed as I recalled it. 

“Eh, I am sorry for you. Must be rough to be part of the beast-kin race.” Eh…

“What?” I was slightly flustered, I had to clear things up, last thing I wanted was to the past to repeat itself! “Um, no… I am not part of the beastkin race. I wouldn’t want to be one of those tainted individuals.” I repeated the words that were continuously fed to me. Success, suspicions cleared.

 

"Liar..." Her emotionless voice echoed in my ear.

I quickly realized the stupidity I had just said as I saw the wolf-kin girl furiously shaking. 

 

“You are no human! You don’t smell like one! You think I will fall for your stupid facade?!” She lunged herself at me, having no time to evade it she simply landed on top of me. 

 

“What are you doing?!” I cried in panic. 

“You can’t lie to me!” She yelled at me as she grabbed the top of my cloak and started to pull it. 

“No!” I kept pulling it down, she couldn’t see ⁠— no one could see. I rolled and rolled on top of her, our eyes met each other merely centimeters away. 

 

“Grh!” Putting inhumane amounts of force in her arms, she rolled once again on top of me, her leg in between my legs and her chest pinning mine down, her arms pinning mine as well. I wasn’t strong enough to even move, she tightened her grip as she pushed her leg further into my thighs. 

 

“Now, time to see what you are hiding.” Adjusting her arm and pushing her elbow on top of my shoulder cap she moved her free hand towards my hoodie. 

 

Think! Leah, think! Is everything you worked so hard for going to end here? 

 

As I pressured myself I saw her tail swaying. It was now or never. I took the chance of her loosened grip and placed all my strength and willpower towards my free arm. Trying to grasp the swaying furry member. 

I wasn’t going to make it, her creeping hand got closer and closer. I had to make it, I had to⁠— 

 

[Error.] 

 

I clenched my fist involuntarily, I was holding something fluffy and soft, yet solid at the same time.

“Eek.” She squealed as she was about to grab my cloak. It wasn’t going to happen! I tugged on it. 

 

“Eee!” Her grip became a bit loose, I used the opportunity to gain some grasp on the ground and pull more. 

 

“Nooo! Stop it!” She kept squealing. “Please…” Her pin lost all strength as I heard her heavily pant. It was my victory. I was losing strength as well. I relaxed myself on the ground and finally let go of her tail. I was panting, she was trying to recover her breath as well, she was also on the ground. 

 

“Why would you do that?!” I asked as I finally regained my breath, I was mad. My cloak hadn’t been removed just yet. 

 

“Same question… goes… to you…” She was panting. A few more seconds went by, and she finally stood up. My breathing was still harsh in comparison, I guess my stamina was poor as well… Was it the endurance decrease? 

 

The wolf-kin girl walked to my side, this time her tail was lowered and wasn’t moving. I didn’t feel any hostility from her like before, so I thought she was going to help me. She extended her hand and I grabbed it, it was nice to get some help and call it a tie. 

 

“Than⁠— She twisted my hand and used one of those wrestling keys. Leaning all her weight into it, I was forced into the ground once again. She sat on top of my chest, and her groin right in front of my face. 

 

“Wa…” Why?!

“Hah… You had me real good there.” Her breathing was still rough. “But it’s my victory… Hah…” She panted once again in front of me. Sweat was running down her exposed belly, although that wasn’t the thing I was paying attention to, her arms were creeping closer to my head.

 

“No… please…” I made my last attempt at a plea as she got hold of my hoodie. And started to lift it. 

 

“What are you doing?” A manly voice interrupted. 

“Eh?” The wolf girl moved her head towards the counter. In a panic she pressed my cloak against my face, covering my eyes and nose. I started to cough from the unexpected behaviour as I heard the increasing footsteps. 

 

“This wasn’t⁠— Slap!” The horrible sound resonated throughout the room, I heard it before. In spite of that, the covering did not stop, it felt intentional…  

 

“Rie, what the fuck do you think you are doing to our customer!” The man standing next to me screamed at the top of his lungs. 

“I⁠— Slap!” The sound resonated across the room once again. And yet, she didn’t let stop pressing down my cloak, it was intentional. 

 

“Rie, move yourself at once.” Rie, got off me while trying to make sure my cloak remained over me. I guess… she didn’t have bad intentions. As soon as I could move my arm I made sure to grab the hoodie of my cloak and adjust it the right way once again. 

 

The man looked at me, he had a serious look in his face, middle-aged and a small beard with short black hair. He extended his hand to help me get up, gripping it; it was full of callous and kind of sweaty but it was firm. Using his help I got off the ground. 

 

He put on the fakest smile I have seen in my life. “I am terribly sorry about what this dog has done to you!” He bowed. 

“Eh…” I looked at her, she was fidgeting while teary-eyed, her tail was down and she averted her gaze in shame, her cheek was bright red. I… was speechless

 

The man finally stood up and hit Rie on the head, the dull sound echoed throughout the shop. I could feel her pain. 

 

“I will make sure to discipline her properly!” Her head was down as the man grabbed her by the neck, like an animal. My heart was constricting in pain from seeing this and my eyes started to feel itchy. 

 

“I…” The man turned to look at me about what I was saying. “I will discipline her!” I had made my mind at that moment. I wasn’t going to let anyone suffer like me, discipline? The hell with that! Hitting someone until they “understand” is not discipline!

 

“I will discipline her,” I said with a more decisive and commanding tone. 

 

The man looked at my entire body. “Hmm, vengeance type? I heard Collectors can be quite vengeful. Okay, come with me.” With a gesture, he guided me towards the door from which she entered. 

 

I gulped and followed the man. 

Please favorite the chapter if you liked it (and support the little scene). 

It was one of the hardest ones to write yet, especially the dialogue. The dialogue was such a struggle. I hope everyone enjoyed it, and please. If the dialogue feels off to you make sure to comment on which phrase and why. Also, why I might still not have Patreon chapters for Leah, you can still support me with my new support tier, which also offers discord benefits... Yeah... shameless plug right there.

Discord

114