Act 1 Ch 1 Transmigration
7.2k 24 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sgt. Adrian Ross looked upon the field that his unit had been tasked with restoring. As the U.S. had been trying to mend relations with foreign powers, they had decided to send him and his unit to this god-forsaken land to help. This poor country and its citizens had been bombarded with missiles and other horrific weapons from their neighboring country before being invaded. Though the country's citizens never lost their warrior spirit and managed to push the enemy out despite all the odds.

"Though they also had some help from the United Nations." Adrian thought as he looked at his unit helping the citizens restore their houses. 

As he gazed upon the destroyed neighborhoods and the compromised structures he couldn't help but feel melancholic. All this unnecessary death just to satisfy a mad man's greed. Now in the name of peace or rather oil prices the higher ups were treating this mad man rather than deposing him like they should have.

Adrian just held his hand to his head as he sighed, if it was one thing he had learned in his six years as an officer in the Marine combat engineers it was to stay out of politics. Thus he kept his mouth shut and continued performing his duties the faster he finished construction projects the faster he could go home. He was much more comfortable holding up in the barracks in one of the bases in the homeland reading. When he wasn't working he was educating himself in history, philosophy, economics, politics, architecture, and others.

After all he was a fairly educated man, having graduated the Naval academy with a major in civil Engineering. He had always found himself drawn to build/creating things. Even as a boy when he was handed a toy he rather took it apart, and understood how it worked rather than play with it.

As he grew into a young man he locked himself into the school library reading everything he could get his hands on. Then once he had gone to the academy he had taken so many unnecessary courses, that by the time he graduated he was basically a polymath. With knowledge ranging from liberal arts to applied sciences. Obviously this didn't help him with finding a girlfriend with his shut in lifestyle combined with his busy schedule had left him perpetually single.

Yet here he was, stuck in eastern Europe, engaging in a building project that the government had basically left to fend for itself. He didn't understand the higher ups thinking to him it was a waste of taxpayer money. Especially right now with how bad their inflation was in their economy.  Then again at the end of the day he was a soldier and his duties were to follow orders.

While he was thinking about such trivial implications he could hear some of his unit's non-commissioned officers talking among themselves about how they would celebrate once they got home. These older men had been in the military too long and had lost any patriotism they once had that led them serving.    

As one of his men came towards him to discuss one of their construction plans for that day, a large explosion went off in the distance. Then the whistling sounds could be heard in the air, as multiple shells began to bombard his unit's position. As one was headed straight for Adrian position he could only think one thing.

"What the f@#k!" 

With that last thought, his body was engulfed in fire along with his fellow officers. He was truly dead.

...

Adrian awoke with a yell as his voice echoed throughout a large stone room. After examining his body he had realized he was not blown up but rather lying in a very large bed with a luxury canopy above him. As he sat up he saw an old pitcher near his bedside, after getting up and pouring himself a glass of water for his dry throat he heard a knock at his door.

"Your grace are you alright?" the voice asked

"Your grace?" he thought to himself.

Adrian looked into the large mirror hanging on the wall in the room and what he saw startled him. He saw the reflection of a 16 year old boy, he had blond curly hair, deep emerald green eyes, a fair complexion, and a rather skinny untrained physique.

"Your grace should I get your mother?" the voice asked nervously due to his lack of response.

Before he could even respond he could hear the individual's footsteps moving down the hall. For now Adrian decided to get dressed he found some pants and a loose fitting white shirt and dressed himself. After he finished getting dressed and presentable he sat down at the bed and began to think. 

"Okay last thing I remember my unit came under fire." he thought " I lost consciousness and next thing I know I woke up in some foreign land."

He looked around the room and noticed all the medieval time antiquities.

"Perhaps some eastern Europe renaissance fair picked me up while I was unconscious?" he pondered

As he began to ponder the implications of his situation he heard two sets of footsteps approaching his room. When they arrived at his door he heard the girl's voice again. 

"Your grace I have brought your moth-." she said 

Before the girl could even finish speaking the woman opened the door and pushed past the serving girl and approached him with haste. The woman was gorgeous, having the beauty of a Victorian secret model. She had golden curly hair and emerald green eyes just like him. She wore a fine medieval gown of black silk and red rubies sown into the bodice. Adrian had been stunned by the woman's beauty while she stood over him as he sat at the foot of his bed.

"Joffrey are you alright my dear?" the woman asked concerned.

"Excuse me?" he asked confused why the woman was calling him another person's name.

"Is everything alright my dear you seem unwell?" she asked again her concern growing.

As Adrian thought of the name Joffrey he became bombarded with memories. Ones of a completely different childhood, of servants and carriages, of swords and tourneys. As these memories flooded his head he arched over in pain. His mother who saw this yelled at the serving girl.

"Get grand maester Pycelle now!" she yelled

The serving girl ran away as fast as she could while the mother leaned down and held her son's shoulders.

"Joffrey can you hear me!? What's wrong with you!?" she asked clearly panicked.

But Adrian couldn't hear her his whole world was shaken to its core. He hadn't been knocked out by the explosion that killed him, and it seems he had reincarnated into a fantasy world. All the implications began racing through his head, the ideas of an afterlife, the fate of his unit, the fantasy fiction world he ended up in. With all of these ramifications there was only one thing that could sum up his situation.

"I am so F@#k."         

180