Interlude (5): FOUNDATION
738 14 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

THIS DOCUMENT NOT FOR USE BY PERSONNEL BELOW CLEARANCE LEVEL 5
[INITIATING ACCESS!]
[ERROR! ACCESS DENIED!] 
[ERROR! CORRUPTED SYSTEMS!]
[3RR0R! ACC35S DEN13D!]
[3RROR! FA1L3D TO R35TART 5YST3MS!]
[3RR0R-]
[ERROR! PARTIALLY FIXED SYSTEM!]
[ERROR! RED CODE DETECTED! INITIATE "WORLD ENDER" PROTOCOL!]
[RESTARTING SYSTEMS!]
[SYSTEM CALL: ADMINISTRATIVE PROTOCOL REWRITTEN!]
[SYSTEM CALL: REWRITING ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES!]
[SYSTEM CALL. ACKNOWLEDGED: USER KEY "███" RECOGNIZED! AUTHORITY ACKNOWLEDGED! VALID PATH!]
[INITIATING ACCESS! ACCESS CONFIRMED!]
[WELCOME TO THE SCP FOUNDATION!]
[...]---[...] [...]---[...] [...]---[...]

Item Nº: CLP-0001 (Potential revision under analysis)

Object Class: Safe? (Object still under evaluation)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-CLP-0001 (designation due to possible copies and/or variations) is currently under investigation and study, requiring Level 5 authorization to request access, along with permission from Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED]. Otherwise, SCP-CLP-0001 may and should be kept with Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] or among her personal belongings.

NOTE: It was discovered through an attempted theft by one of the researchers in Sector [REDACTED] that SCP-CLP-0001, when taken more than 3.33 km away from Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], will return to her, within any pocket of her clothing or on the nearest flat surface, if no storage is available.

Numerous other attempts to steal SCP-CLP-0001 were made in the following three days before abruptly ceasing. No harm was caused to Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED]. (Refer to Addendum "CLP-0001 - D: THEFT?" for more information on the incident)

[...]---[...]

Description(1): SCP-CLP-0001 is, as described by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], a cutting-edge mobile phone from a brand she has never seen before, appearing to contain technology too advanced for the current time.

SCP-CLP-0001 was discovered by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] in her home in Sector [REDACTED] on [REDACTED], next to her bed.

SCP-CLP-0001 has precise measurements of 15.2 centimeters in height, 7.5 centimeters in width, 0.8 centimeters in thickness, weighing 160 grams.

The color tone cannot be cataloged due to the lack of data, but Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] described SCP-CLP-0001 as being black with various bright blue lines across its surface.

SCP-CLP-0001 is made of an unknown metallic material, which, as of the current moment in this study, has not been confirmed to have any combination with elements from the periodic table. (Lack of samples for study hinders in-depth analysis) (Samples acquired)

With a more in-depth analysis by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], it was discovered that SCP-CLP-0001 only holds a single application in its database, identified as "Stream Calamity," which requires the creation/determination/registration of a name for access.

Due to the absence of data about SCP-CLP-0001, it was recommended that Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] refrain from continuing with the "registration" and abandon studies in this area of SCP-CLP-0001 to avoid any potential danger and/or harm to her person.

No additional information was obtained due to a lack of access to SCP-CLP-0001 software. (Possible access after Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED]'s "registration")

NOTE (1): Due to mishandling by one of the researchers, SCP-CLP-0001 fell from a great height, but fortunately and/or due to an abnormal resistance of the material SCP-CLP-0001 is made of, it suffered no damage.

NOTE (2): Following the incident documented in "NOTE (1)," various durability tests were conducted on SCP-CLP-0001, progressing slowly until it was determined that its durability and/or resistance appears to be possibly infinite or so close to it that any distinction becomes irrelevant.

NOTE (3): Experiments in "NOTE (2)" were proven partially incorrect due to tests conducted by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], who managed to easily damage SCP-CLP-0001 with her hands, even though it regenerated instantly.

NOTE (4): Due to samples presented by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] involving the controlled breakage of various components of SCP-CLP-0001, an in-depth study of its composition was possible, which later proved fruitless.

The materials comprising SCP-CLP-0001 do not seem to have any compatibility or similarity with any known materials from the periodic table, even though many may visually appear metallic (Study still ongoing).

NOTE (5): After further tests and experiments with the assistance of other SCPs, it was determined that SCP-CLP-0001 is possibly indestructible to any being and/or object, except for Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED].

[...]---[...]

Description(2): SCP-CLP-0001, when viewed by anyone other than Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], appears to be merely a small plate made of various materials that vary depending on the person/SCP observing it.

The designation SCP-CLP-B has been assigned for describing SCP-CLP-0001 when seen by someone other than Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED].

Below is a partial test log for SCP-CLP-B:

Test reference: 0001 - SCP-CLP-B-0001
Subject: D-3231
Test Description: The subject was not informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B.

Result: When asked to describe how SCP-CLP-B appeared, subject D-3231's description was: "It's just a gray metal plate."

When ordered to provide more details about the composition and size of the supposed "metal plate," subject D-3231 shrugged and requested tools for the task, showing no change in behavior.

The data reported by subject D-3231 regarding the size of SCP-CLP-B was identical to SCP-CLP-0001, with no differences, including weight. Subject D-3231 could not identify the composition of the metal SCP-CLP-B was made of; no tools or analysis methods yielded results, but subject D-3231 claimed it seemed to be made of iron when touched.

NOTE: For future tests, the name of SCP-CLP-B will be modified for each test.

[…]

Test reference: 0002 - SCP-CLP-B-0002
Subject: D-9283
Test Description: The subject was informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B and given the description provided by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED].

Result: When asked to describe how SCP-CLP-B appeared, subject D-9283's description was: "Have you guys gone crazy? It's not a cellphone but a metal plate."

Like subject D-3231, subject D-9283 did not seem to experience any changes in their mental and/or emotional state.

When ordered to provide details about SCP-CLP-B, subject D-9283 repeated the same height, width, and thickness measurements as subject D-3231 and Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] had given.

When ordered to provide details about the material's composition, the same issue occurred, making it impossible to catalog SCP-CLP-B's composition in any way. However, subject D-9283 described the metal as silver, not iron like subject D-3231.

[…]

Test reference: 0003 - SCP-CLP-B-0003
Subject: D-2362
Test Description: The subject was informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B and given the data from test 0001.

Result: Subject D-2362 reported that SCP-CLP-B had the same dimensions and weight, and its material composition seemed to be iron, similar to the data obtained from test 0001.

No changes in personality and/or thoughts of subject D-2362 were recorded.

[…]

Test reference: 0004 - SCP-CLP-B-0004
Subject: D-2883
Test Description: The subject was informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B but received no data from any other test, only the description: "The object is a metal plate."

Result: Subject D-2883, when prompted, reported that SCP-CLP-B appeared as a metal plate with the same previous measurements, with the addition of possibly being made of copper or bronze.

No changes in personality and/or thoughts of subject D-2883 were recorded.

[…]

Test reference: 0005 - SCP-CLP-B-0005
Subject: D-4885
Test Description: The subject was informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B but was given false information that SCP-CLP-B was made of wood.

Result: As expected, subject D-4885 reported the same measurements. Still, when ordered to report the material SCP-CLP-B was made of, the response was: "A plate made of dark wood, ebony, or something, I don't understand wood."

Due to the new information collected, a small sequence of tests was proposed, including Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] collecting samples of SCP-CLP-B when viewed by subject D-4885 for analysis.

Note: The test was a failure; even with subject D-4885 looking at SCP-CLP-B, the samples were still anomalous compared to materials found on Earth and were not solely made of wood compounds.

[…]

Test reference: 0011 - SCP-CLP-B-0011
Subject: D-3884
Description of Test: Subject D-3884 suffers from severe amnesia; was informed about the existence of SCP-CLP-B.

Result: Subject D-3884 initially perceived SCP-CLP-B as a metal plate and reported the same measurements.

Subject D-3884 was ordered to return to his cell and called back to Sector [REDACTED] the next day without memories of SCP-CLP-B.

When ordered to describe the appearance and material of SCP-CLP-B, subject D-3884 again provided the same measurements as in the previous day's test, including the composition he had mentioned before.

The test was repeated several times over the next few days, with the result being the same each time.

Note: The same test was conducted with subject D-1888, who suffers from schizophrenia; the results were consistent.

[…]

Test reference: 0089 - SCP-CLP-B-0089
Subject: SCP-187
Description of Test: SCP-187 was considered to assist in the tests.

SCP-187 was informed of all previous tests and information about SCP-CLP-B cataloged up to the time of the test.

NOTE: Due to the subject SCP-187's friendship with Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] and its significance to [DATA EXPUNGED], the security level for the tests was maximized.

Result: Upon laying eyes on SCP-CLP-B, subject SCP-187 ceased all movements, as if frozen. After 10 minutes without any movement or response, subject SCP-187 was removed from the enclosure for her safety.

Exactly 45 minutes, 22 seconds, 11 hundredths, and 9 thousandths later, subject SCP-187 regained her movements with a deep breath and a bewildered look.

After 30 minutes of rest and a light conversation with Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED], subject SCP-187 seemed to have regained her mental faculties and was asked to describe what she had seen, to which she replied that she couldn't remember anything.

After conducting several tests and procedures on subject SCP-187 to ensure her safety and health, she was released back to her room.

[…]

Test reference: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Subject: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Description of Test: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Result: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Note: Access level to SCP-CLP-0001 increased to Level 5 after [DATA EXPUNGED] stated that [DATA EXPUNGED] and to avoid [DATA EXPUNGED].

All tests have been suspended until further orders from [DATA EXPUNGED].

[…]...[...]

Addendum CLP-0001 - D - "THEFT?": After being tracked and apprehended, researcher [REDACTED] from Sector [REDACTED], responsible for the initial attempt to steal SCP-CLP-0001, was brought back for interrogation.

When ordered to explain the motive behind the theft attempt, researcher [REDACTED] denied any accusations and insisted that he did not remember anything since the moment he woke up that morning.

After various tests, the truthfulness of researcher [REDACTED]'s words was confirmed, and the charges against him were dropped, but he remained in his cell under observation.

The same phenomenon occurred with all researchers and Class D personnel interrogated after subsequent attempts to steal SCP-CLP-0001. All shared the same "amnesia."

[…]

CONFIRMATION REQUIRED! RESTRICTED DOCUMENT! - LEVEL 5 ACCESS REQUIRED FOR READING!

[LEVEL 5 ACCESS CONFIRMED! USER: "███" RECOGNIZED!]

[…]

Due to the consecutive thefts in a short period, Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] proposed the following plan: "Let the theft of SCP-CLP-0001 happen and follow the thief with a fleet of alpha-stealth helicopters to discover the mastermind behind all these thefts."

Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED] was informed that SCP-CLP-0001 could not distance itself from her, to which she replied: "I know, that's why I will go along with the helicopter fleet."

After dozens of unsuccessful attempts to change Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED]'s mind due to the significant risk of the mission, her presence was confirmed, and 50 alpha-stealth helicopters were assigned for her escort.

Attached is the mission report scanned by Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED]:

Report - THEFT - SCP-CLP-0001.

"Start of the report:

I'll begin this report with a small note to myself: Have the seats of these helicopters replaced; I've sat on softer rocks.

Now, for the actual report: The start of the mission proceeded without interruptions. This time, the "thief" turned out to be one of the Class D prisoners, who ran to exit 2-B and somehow passed through all guards, cameras, and facility protections.

The "thief" ran for dozens of kilometers until reaching the nearest city, without being detected once by anything other than the small tracker placed on the back of SCP-CLP-0001 (NOTE: Possible line of study). Not even our best radars could locate him.

After reaching the nearest city, the "thief" stole a car and drove south to the airport, and again, somehow, stole an empty commercial plane and began piloting it, still heading south. (NOTE: The prisoner had no experience in aerial piloting)

We followed him for about eighteen hours before the "thief" successfully made an emergency landing in the forest. It was not possible to assess the potential injuries of the "thief" due to his new "invisibility" to any tracking.

The "thief" continued south for a few more kilometers before turning west. At this point, a potential calculation for the "thief's" destination was possible: a region between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

I ordered the immediate withdrawal of all helicopters and the end of the mission when I realized where the "thief" was heading.

The moment I gave the order, I could feel something watching me from a distance, something more than just eyes, as if it judged my soul.

I have no idea if I passed the judgment or if, by luck, the helicopter I was in passed the 3.33 KM mark, allowing SCP-CLP-0001 to return to my hands, but as soon as that happened, the feeling of being watched disappeared.

This happened three days ago. I am currently drafting a request to Site 0 about a change in the behavior of SCP- [DATA EXPUNGED].

No matter what they ask me after this, I am going home to rest and see my husband and daughter. DON'T YOU DARE ASK ME FOR ANYTHING ELSE!

End of report."

45