Chapter 1 – Myu Kanzaki
63 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...hate… mornings…”

Waking up, the girl sleepily rubbed her eyes and lightly stretched her back. She wanted to get out of bed, but the comfort of her blanket and the warmth transmitted all over it didn’t permit her to do so.

She slightly looked around her room as her cold eyes started to adjust to the environment. Turning the lights on, she got temporarily blinded by the sudden flash as she complained and grabbed a bottle of water sitting at her nightstand.

"What day is it today?" She asked herself as she turned to her calendar hung on the wall.

 "...ah…" She remembered. The start of the second week of August is also the day for her high school entrance ceremony.

After getting out of the shower, she stood in front of the mirror as she combed her long white hair and tied it up in a ponytail, just as she was accustomed to.

She fixed her slightly messy uniform and grabbed her bag. Opening the door to her room, she walked down the hallway and turned on the lights in the kitchen attached. She then walked over to the boiler and poured some water.

"There's still enough time... I should’ve continued sleeping.” She said this as she sat down on the table, waiting for her water to boil.

As she surfed through her phone, the boiler released a high-pitched sound, which made her get up and grab a mug. Pouring an envelope of instant coffee in it, she poured down the hot water and slightly stirred the mixture before leaving the kitchen and settling down on the sofa for a while.

She still had about forty-five minutes left before the ceremony started.

Irakawa High School was an institution known for its curriculum and its alumni. It wasn't an elite school by any means; their curriculum was easy to follow and flexible for students.

What made it stand out was the wide variety of personalities their current and incoming students possessed. There may be one or two black sheep in the mix; however, even those who were rotten had something that distinguished them from the crowd.

Myu Kanzaki, whose white hair made her stand out and her blue eyes gave her a feeling of solemnity, was no exception.

There are so many people. Myu thought as she looked at the dense crowd of students going in through the school gate. She squeezed her way through the crowd of people and managed to get a closer glance at the assortment of classes.

After that, she proceeded to head over to her designated homeroom. Myu was nervous, something that couldn’t be transmitted with her stoic and expressionless face.

She arrived at class 1-B, which for this year will be the space where she would take most of her classes, her homeroom. She didn’t waste time and rapidly placed her things on a desk. She was to go on to the auditorium too, so she left the classroom without a second thought.

The hallways surely are crowded, huh? It was understandable that all she could see were strange faces, but who knows? Maybe someone familiar could’ve walked right beside her at any second.

Myu spaced out during the entrance ceremony. If anything, she was still a little sleepy, so she only placed her mind somewhere else; she couldn’t even remember who was the one that represented the first-years.

As she took a seat on her desk, she looked around and saw different kinds of people engaging in conversations. Something that caught her eye is that, excluding her, there seemed to be a girl who also had pale white hair, but contrary to Myu’s cold demeanor, she had a more gentle expression on her face.

But she didn’t have time to think about it since their homeroom teacher for this year walked into the podium as she closed the door behind her. As she walked, only the sole of her shoes could be heard due to all the students dropping dead silent.

With long black hair and beautiful eyes, she was wearing a lab coat on top of a black shirt. The woman in question introduced herself.

"Good morning, students. I’ll be both your homeroom teacher and biology teacher for this school year. My name is Kaze Asano. Nice to meet you.” The woman shortly continued.

"I'll make it clear: though high school is way different than middle school, in both inside and outside fields, I’ll do my best to instruct you guys on whatever you need help with. Whether it is from personal guidance to answering any campus-related question you all may have, just say my name and I’ll do what I can.” She placed her things on the podium and walked around the classroom.

"School's a place to study, that’s for certain. However, I don’t want any of you to live your days buried in books. I envision that one or two of you will only assist in attending classes; some are already set up at a university, and that’s fine. Nevertheless, these school’s days should also be spent having fun regularly.”

"..." (Myu)

"Go on a date with someone, go hang out with friends, or even spend it with your family. Just don’t forget, human interactions are part of real life, and my mission for this school year will be to do my best to help you understand how real life really is. With that, I have nothing more to say. You are all dismissed early for the day; however, it is recommended that you explore the vicinity of the campus and pay a visit to the clubs." With that, she left.

After her homeroom teacher, Kaze, left the classroom, the latter bustled with excitement as their conversation topics varied. However, Myu was planning on looking for the clubs first, so she stood up and left the classroom.

"As for our schedule—” Currently, Myu was listening to the basics of the track and field team of the school, from their regimen all the way to their schedule. Myu was extremely athletic, which was the main reason why she was able to get into this school easily.

After a while, she received an application form that needed to be delivered to the office after signing it. She walked with the form in hand down the hallway. There were some students still roaming through the campus as they went from club to club, but Myu had already decided.

"Now that I think about it... I haven’t seen any familiar  faces. She muttered. “Well, no wonder. It’s been five years; they probably forgot by now.” She shook her head as she resumed walking.

As she entered the staff room, she remembered that, according to the procedure, she had to submit the form to her homeroom teacher. Vaguely remembering what said teacher looked like, she spotted her in the other corner of the classroom, working on some paperwork.

Approaching her desk, she handed the sign to her as she called out for her teacher.

""Excuse me.”” Her voice, which was slightly less cold than usual, overlapped with someone else’s. Someone who seemed to be here for the same purpose.

Judging by who the voice was directed to, they seemed to be classmates. The two individuals turned to look at each other. For a second, they felt a sense of familiarity, but that was probably their imagination. At the other end of her gaze stood a boy with neat and tidy black hair along with two deep blue eyes.

Has she seen him before?


(A/N)

Hello everyone! Welcome to Shattered! This novel is something I've been wanting to write for a long time now. However, I wanted to gain some experience (thus the birth of my other novel). I look forward to working with you all!

Chapters will be uploaded a day prior on Luminary Novels!

Myu Kanzaki

Age: Sixteen
Affiliation: 
Track & Field Club
Birthday: 
December 2nd
A Small Summary of Her: Tall and has a cold demeanor, she's usually popular with girls due to her cool persona.

2