Chapter 43: Obsession / Bound
1.4k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why did she keep bidding?
Why did she get involved in that auction?

She wants to bang her head against the wall.
Two months' worth of salary burned in an instant...
The thing is, Strauss wanted that weapon. Something inside her clicked, and she desperately wanted to buy it.
Lately, she's been acting irrationally, and Kanna is aware of it. But she can't help but behave foolishly when it comes to Strauss Wagner.
At first, she just watched him inside the Academy, then she started following him out of jealousy, and today she crossed the line by following him even outside of school.

But could she have done otherwise?
Strauss had invited that wench, Welze Juble, on a date.
She had to know, had to see if he was really betraying her.
So, without thinking about the consequences, she dressed up haphazardly to avoid being recognized and followed the lovebirds to the auction.
Then, when she saw that Strauss wanted that mace, she thought of buying it herself.

Why? To give it to him. She acted impulsively, and, thinking rationally, she did something foolish.
How could she give it to him without revealing that she was the one who bought it?
It would be obvious. She can't imagine the scene of her giving him the mace without feeling great embarrassment.

Kanna Merfal can't believe she was so stupid.
But when it comes to that man, it's like she's a teenager again.

Kanna sighs.
She'll have to live on a tight budget for the next few months, she thinks, demoralized.

Kanna follows the two young couple to the bus stop.
In addition to jealousy, all the while, she can't help but feel envy.
She would have liked to be in Welze Juble's place and have a date alone with Strauss.
How much she would like to be honest and reveal these feelings to the man. But Kanna is terribly afraid of letting go.
Moreover, she feels betrayed by Strauss: he is always surrounded by girls, even though he has declared his love for her.
Kanna Merfal is afraid of being made a fool.

Perhaps she should clear the air and put an end to this clandestine relationship.
She is a professor, has a career, and needs to focus on work.
This obsession is getting out of hand. She is neglecting her duties, and this could jeopardize her job.

It's nice to think responsibly, too bad she's the one stalking Strauss and has just impulsively spent seven thousand credits!
How foolish she has been!

Strauss waves goodbye to Welze as she boards the bus.
The bus departs and quickly moves away.
He didn't get on the bus, and he watches it leave.
Why didn't he board with the girl?
Where does he want to go now?
Kanna is full of questions.

Then the man turns towards her.
He observes her with a smile.
Has he noticed that she was following him?

Strauss approaches her.
She would like to escape, but she is paralyzed, both by embarrassment and shame.

"Why did you do it, Professor?" he asks, evidently recognizing her.

Kanna is speechless, trying to find an excuse, a motivation, a way to escape from that situation.
How could she rationally justify the absurdity of her behavior?
She can't explain to herself what she has done, unable to provide an explanation that doesn't make her seem like a furious madwoman.

Strauss is now in front of her.
His eyes, blacker than the night, deep as the abyss of madness she now feels herself sinking into.

With a gentle gesture, he removes her baseball hat.
With a caress, he lowers her surgical mask.
Then, still with gentleness, he takes off her sunglasses.
A part of her would like to stop him and distance herself, but another part ardently desires to be touched by him.

"Why hide your beautiful hair? Why conceal your lovely face?"
"You say that to every woman, don't you?!" Jealousy fueled by the fear of being mocked makes her explode in an angry reaction.
"Only to you, Professor," he replies seriously.
"Liar! I saw you cozying up to that Juble!" she accuses.
"Professor, you're misinterpreting. Welze Juble is a friend to whom I asked a favor."
"I don't believe you! I saw how she was always clinging to you!" Kanna can't contain herself.
"I don't think I did anything inappropriate," asserts Strauss, looking her straight in the eyes.

Kanna reflects on the day she observed, and indeed, Strauss never crossed the boundary of friendship with the blue-haired girl.
Why then does she feel betrayed? Is it just envy making her feel this way?

"Let's hear it then, what favor would that woman have done for you?" Kanna gives the man a chance to justify himself.

"I needed the [IDENTIFY] skill that Welze possesses to identify magical items at the auction," he honestly replies.

Kanna is struck like lightning, realizing that perhaps she was jealous needlessly.
Why didn't she trust Strauss? Is her jealousy ultimately just a manifestation of her insecurity?
The woman feels shame and lowers her head.

Why did she act so impulsively? She wants to cry. She wants to disappear out of embarrassment.

"I-I... I don't know what to believe anymore..."
Why is she saying this? Why doesn't she apologize to him?

Strauss caresses her face.
With the sunset, the temperature is dropping, but his hand is warm. Affectionate.

"For this reason, you've been following me? Are you jealous of me?" There's no annoyance or accusation in his tone.
Strauss genuinely seems concerned for her. He looks at her with tenderness and care.

"Y-yes..." the woman confesses, embarrassed.

"I admit it pleases me a bit, but don't you think you've overreacted?" he says, smiling at her.

The woman rests her head on his chest, unable to resist this irresistible urge.
Strauss is momentarily taken aback, but then he envelops her in an embrace.
Kanna's heart beats faster and faster.

"You make me feel like I'm eighteen again. I've never met a man like you," Kanna whispers as she embraces the man she loves.
Strauss holds her tightly with his strong arms, making her feel protected and as if she can completely surrender to him.

"Finally, you've decided to accept your feelings," satisfied, Strauss whispers to her.

Kanna can't argue.
She's tired of suppressing herself, tired of hiding, tired of resisting.

The man lifts her chin with his hand.
Their eyes meet.

"I love you, Kanna."

It's as if a demon is whispering those sweet words, penetrating the weak defenses of the woman, going straight to her brain and causing it to go haywire. At thirty-three, she never thought she would experience such an overwhelming sensation.

Strauss slowly brings his lips closer to Kanna's.
She would have time to refuse, to move away and push him aside. But that's not what she wants.

The two kiss.
A kiss full of passion.

A feeling of warm pleasure envelops the woman, freeing her from the anxieties, worries, and insecurities she had felt until now. There is nothing else, only the two of them.

No more city with its buildings, no more traffic with its noise, no more people with their gazes.
No more streetlight glow, just complete darkness.

A warm and enveloping darkness to which she is now bound.
Tears of happiness stream from her eyes.

The man's tongue finds its way into Kanna's mouth, and she offers no resistance, welcoming it joyfully, teasing it with her own tongue.

The two tongues gently twirl, caressing each other in a sensual union.

She wishes this moment could last forever, but then Strauss pulls away.
She wants more, and she watches him with eyes full of desire.

"We can't go back now, Professor," he says, looking at her with dark eyes.
"I don't want to go back!" the determined woman exclaims.

Strauss points to a luxurious hotel across the street.
Then he extends his hand. "Come with me."

Kanna doesn't hesitate and grabs Strauss's hand.

45