Vol. 2 Chapter 63: Kanna and Rero
1.1k 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Professor, professor, professor!"

Professor Kanna Merfal hears the call of a female voice as darkness envelops her.
Slowly, her eyes open, but the atmosphere is heavy, and her mind is still clouded.

"Professor, professor, wake up!" Rero implores, trying to shake Kanna from her half-fainted state on the ground.

Rero is there, kneeling in front of her, anxiously shaking her.

Kanna's head begins to ache as she tries to sit up. The environment is alien, dimly lit, and her vision struggles to make sense of what is happening.

"Urgh... Where... are we?" Kanna murmurs, attempting to rearrange her thoughts.

Rero lets out a sigh of relief. "What a scare. I thought you were dead."

"You are Rero Sansanti..." says Professor Kanna Merfal, recognizing the brunette with green eyes.

"You can call me Rero; we are both women of Strauss," responds Rero with a reassuring smile.

Rero's words catch Kanna off guard. For her, it's still not easy, despite everything.
The situation has unfolded rapidly, and now she finds herself facing the reality of being in love with a man who practices demonic magic, a man who shares his affection with other women.
The hand of Strauss Wagner that Kanna has taken has become a choice that forces her to confront her emotions.
She took the man's hand and, as a result, chose to follow him, but she still needs to process it all.

Kanna shakes hands with Rero. "Nice to meet you, Rero. I'm Kanna Merfal. Please, call me Kanna."

Rero beams with a colossal smile, showcasing all thirty-two teeth.
Kanna can't help but think that her smile and her carefree demeanor light up the room.
Could this be the type of woman who prefers Strauss?

Rero's body is generous in its curves. The girl boasts a breast bigger than Kanna's, perhaps even a more ample butt. Not to mention the overflowing thighs, accentuated by the school uniform stockings.
From a man's perspective, Rero is undoubtedly a woman who exudes sensuality.

Given the dim surroundings and the memory of being transported through a rift, Kanna assumes they are in a dungeon.
The unique atmosphere triggers memories of adventures with her old party of the guild Gold Griffin.

The group of four consisted of her, Deedee, Guli, and Ivanhold. They were a close-knit team, well-equipped with decent experience. However, in dungeons, experience alone isn't sufficient.

With Ivanhold's death, that chapter of her life came to an end. They couldn't face the dangers of these places anymore. The still-painful memory of her companion's death serves as a warning. In dungeons, everything is deadly.

Kanna, with effort, pulls herself back up.
Her head still spins, but she's slowly getting accustomed to her new situation.
Rero Sansanti observes her with curiosity.

Like a flash, as if a veil that covered her had been lifted, Kanna suddenly becomes aware of the curses upon her.
The candle ritual she performed finally provides answers, as if whatever obscured her vision is no longer there.
Has something happened to Strauss?

Strauss has implanted a multitude of curses upon her. Now she sees them clearly.

She could rid herself of them. Now that she sees them, perhaps she could try to remove them with her abilities.
Yet, despite the possibility of freeing herself, she has chosen to remain bound to Strauss, to accept his love and curses as a part of herself. She has chosen to be on his side. On the side of the man she loves. Strauss Wagner.
In a twisted way, these curses can be the bond with him.
Even though he lied to her, she knows he wouldn't harm her.
Perhaps it's just the hope of a foolish, love-stricken woman, but she wants to believe in it.
It's a complicated choice, a hope for love despite the lies.

"Kanna, aren't you hungry?" Rero interrupts, shifting the professor's attention to more practical matters.
"Uh... I'm not thinking about that right now," Kanna responds, still lost in her thoughts.
"Thinking on an empty stomach is wrong. Negative thoughts always come up," the brunette says in a carefree tone.
"You're not entirely wrong... but I don't think I have any food with me, unfortunately."
"We should look for something edible!" Rero suggests, raising her fist in the air as a sign of determination.

"Perhaps we should check on the others? Make sure they're okay?" Kanna objects, thinking back to her previous guild adventure.
"I already know where Strauss is!" Rero announces, pointing in a direction.
Her confidence in knowing more about Strauss stirs a mix of envy and curiosity in Kanna.
"How do you know?" the professor asks, trying to understand.

Rero smiles proudly. "I'm Strauss's first Servant, and he's my Master. Therefore, I've activated the [KNOW POSITION] ability, allowing me to know where he is at any time," Rero declares, thumping her chest as if boasting.
Kanna has to admit to herself that she's envious of this special bond that Rero has with Strauss. But then, reflecting carefully on the words used by the girl, she is taken aback.

"Servant? Master? Did Strauss establish a Master-Servant contract?" Kanna asks, both bewildered and fascinated at the same time.

The Master-Servant contract: an ancient demonic curse described in the compendium she had lent to the man.
The power source of demons! Him, an eighteen-year-old student, a Venture of rank F, has been able to achieve something that no one else has been able to replicate. Who the hell is Strauss Wagner really? And what and how much could she learn from such a powerful and talented man? Kanna is increasingly convinced that she made the right choice.

Rero nods proudly.
"Yep, as I was saying, I was the first. Luysia, the second. I hope you can be the next," Rero says, taking the professor's hands and smiling.

"Doesn't it bother you that he has other women?" Kanna asks, expressing her concerns.
She struggles to come to terms with her jealousy.

"I'm not that kind of person anymore! He saved me, but he also saved Luysia. He'll save you too. He's that kind of man. He made me happy, and I want him to be happy," Rero responds with a determination that exudes confidence.

"I can't understand," Kanna replies perplexed. Kanna struggles to fully grasp the situation.
Rero, with her open attitude and love for Strauss, seems to have accepted the situation without reservations.

Rero shakes her head.
"Don't think too much about it, Kanna. Strauss will make you understand with his body," Rero advises, a touch of mischief in her smile.

Caught off guard, Kanna reflects on the night she spent with the man and perhaps begins to understand what the girl means.
Is he an Incubus? No, although he uses demonic magic, he is a human being.
She's sure. Or at least, she believes so.

Rero's face is very close—so close that she could almost kiss it.
Kanna is forced back to reality and steps back embarrassedly.

"Kanna! You think too much!" reproves Rero.

"Uh, sorry?" Kanna is unsure if she should apologize, but the girl is overwhelming.

"You need to stay focused on the present. Here and now. We're in a dungeon, right?" the girl says, scowling.
Perhaps it's the first sensible thing she has said since waking up, Kanna thinks, almost amused.

"You're right, Rero. But I have quite a bit of experience in dungeons," Kanna confidently responds.
She is a teacher and the older woman.
She must assert her authority.

"Do you?" Rero doesn't seem convinced.
Kanna's pride is hurt by this lack of trust.

"In fact, I was a professional Venture for a long time before becoming a teacher," the woman feels the need to emphasize.

"Very interesting, but I grew up in a family of Ventures," the girl responds, unimpressed.

The Sansantis. Kanna Merfal knows the family by name.
Members of this prestigious family are almost all high-level Ventures.
The most powerful guild in Hallemagner, the Sun Land, is practically under their control.
Being the daughter of the main branch, it's almost a given that she has in-depth knowledge of dungeons.

"However, it's also true that I'm the black sheep of the family," Rero Sansanti continues, chuckling. "I'm no longer the girl who boasts about her own name. What do you suggest, Kanna, given your experience?"

Is she making fun of her? Kanna wonders, still trying to figure the girl out.

"We should reach Strauss, since you know his location. For me, finding other people is crucial, and reaching him makes the most sense," Kanna says.

"Wrong answer, Prof. You keep getting it wrong. I already told you the priority," Rero smiles and shakes her finger.

"Do you want to look for food?" Kanna seeks confirmation.

"And water. We don't know how long we'll be here."

"But we can head towards Strauss while looking for essential supplies," the professor logically suggests.

"Oops! That actually makes sense!" Rero says, sticking out her tongue.

Kanna facepalms and wonders if Rero is genuinely clueless or just acting like it.

37