Vol. 2 Chapter 90: Silverdark
539 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We walk in silence through the immense palace, the atmosphere thick with unspoken tension.
Welze, especially, seems to feel the strain between me and the pink-haired woman.
I can't help but find amusement in the thought that poor Welze always seems to find herself caught between me and those who oppose me.

In this silence, only the sound of our steps echoing on the stone floors fills the air as I contemplate my next moves.
After descending several staircases, Welze, Xiaikai, and I reach the royal hall where I had previously met with the queen.
The doors stand open as if expecting us, and the guards signal for us to enter, which we do.

Inside, the large table where we had dined is gone, leaving space now occupied by my companions.
A little further away stand the Elfrider and Queen Azherie, both on their feet, observing my companions.
None of her Servants are present.

I had made specific requests, written on a piece of paper, and the queen had fulfilled all of them. Azherie's word holds weight.

I immediately notice the change in my companions. The new Silverdark armors envelop them in a sinister yet fascinating light. Each piece is a masterpiece of Elven craftsmanship, forged with a skill that goes beyond mere functionality.

Sylthrenn explained to me yesterday about the material prevalent throughout this underground kingdom.
It's called Silverdark, a unique metal mined in the Underealm. Its durability surpasses steel, but it's slightly lighter and more flexible.
It resembles silver in appearance but is streaked with dark veins and sparkles in the light.

Although the equipment provided to us isn't magical, it's superior to what we had, which was essentially nothing.

The only one who didn't need better equipment was Deedee, already equipped as a first-rate Venture.
She wears her conjurable magical armor and has her bow and quiver slung over her back.

As soon as they see me, Deedee and Kanna approach me.
"They denied us the chance to see Guli," informs the professor.
"These motherfuckers assure us that the hostages are fine, but I'd prefer to see with my own eyes," adds the Ranger.
"We probably have to trust them. So far, they've accommodated all our requests," I comment, pondering whether to press the queen further. "By the way, Xiaikai Frolich informed me that among the hostages is Chancellor Himmler."

Both women are taken aback by this revelation, their mouths hanging open in surprise.
Kanna then seeks confirmation from Xiaikai's gaze. I believe the professor teaches in the year Frolich attends, so she likely knows her.
"It's true," confirms the pink-haired summoner.

I introduce Xiaikai as the informant, the pink-haired summoner who nods in greeting while keeping her distance from me and the women.
I inform them that she'll be part of the team.

Seeing Kanna's undisguised concern for her friend, I say, "I'll try to make an attempt with the queen regarding Guli."
She thanks me, touching my hand lightly, dressed in her shimmering new medium armor.

Rero approaches.
She's wearing a medium armor that allows for decent agility and speed, without sacrificing too much resistance.
Plus, now she has a real sword, not that junk provided by the Academy. "Strauss, this armor is incredible," she says with a tone of approval. Then she draws the sword and shows it to me happily. "Finally, a proper sword! I'm almost moved!"
I place a hand on her silly little head and stroke it, smiling.
She closes her eyes to enjoy the pleasant sensation of my touch.

Luysia, in her form-fitting armor that enhances her physique, moves towards me.
It's a complete protection, covering almost all parts of her body, and falls into the category of heavy armor, but she doesn't give the impression of being burdened by it with her graceful movements.
"Strauss, these armors... they are like a second skin," she comments, running her fingers over the silver engravings.
Finally, she can use her preferred type of weapon: the halberd. She indeed wields one, made of the same material as the armor, and also has a new sword in its sheath.
"With this equipment, you can realize your potential," I tell her admiringly.
She offers a faint smile, and despite trying to maintain her icy mask, I know she's happy.

My eyes then rest on Bicrista, who is studying her new weapon.
It's not a kitchen knife as she probably would prefer, but a short dagger with a wide blade.
She has two identical ones, and being ambidextrous, she can use both in combat.
Skillfully, she quickly draws them from their sheaths and twirls them, swapping them between hands like a juggler.

Gallo, her brother, wields a similar dagger. The twins wear essential Silverdark protections that cover their vital points.
They don’t want to sacrifice their mobility, so as not to compromise the typical fighting style of an assassin.

The silver-haired man addresses me: "Looks like we're gearing up for war, huh? I just hope these beauties are up to the challenge."
He and Bicrista had similar stats when I first met them, but now the sister has leveled up and received my empowering semen, becoming significantly stronger than Gallo. Nevertheless, together they increase their combat potential, being accustomed to fighting as a team.
"I expect you to give your full support to your sister," I tell him in a low voice so that only he can hear me.
Gallo nods.

The blue-eyed heartthrob looks impatient and taps his foot on the ground nervously.
"I don't understand why everything has to revolve around you, we've been waiting for you for over an hour," Franz Dadref greets me with his annoying voice. "Do you realize that there are lives at stake?"

"Deal with it," I respond nonchalantly.
Frankly, I don't feel like dealing with him right now; I'm focused on what's ahead.

"For you it's easy, you're not risking your life!" he grumbles.

I'm risking much more than he realizes, but I decide not to respond and ignore him instead.
Franz Dadref, once a top student in our class, has become a burden. Gallo is at least strategically useful, whereas Dadref has embarrassingly low stats compared to everyone else and is only at level 1. In this case, being rank A is just a letter.

In the clash with the queen, I think I'll use him as bait if he manages to last more than a few seconds.
It would be better if he weren't there at all. Should I kill him?

I notice Jarica Fleubert a bit distanced from the others.
She is not usually very conspicuous, but now that she has become my prey, I always keep an eye on her.
She now wears a complete heavy armor and is equipped with a two-handed axe.

Approaching her, I search in my bag.
"Good morning, Fleubert. Here's your dose of antidote," I greet her, handing her a potion containing my seed.
My work of corruption continues, and it's also worth boosting her stats.
Although she's not the best compared to the women of my Harem, she will surely be more useful than Dadref.

The woman takes the vial.
"Thank you... for taking care of me," she says with a smile.

"It's my pleasure. I'm glad to see you're recovering," I respond.

Jarica drinks the potion and lets out a satisfied sigh when she finishes.
"It doesn't even taste like medicine, it's so good."

I smile at her without saying anything.

"Wagner... Do you think we'll make it?" she asks thoughtfully.

"Call me Strauss, now we're not just classmates but also companions in this misadventure," I say, trying to gain her trust. "To answer your question... Yes, we will make it. We've prepared as best as we can, and we are a strong group."

"Alright, Strauss... then call me Jarica," she responds amiably.

We shake hands in agreement.

Then, I turn to Welze, who is still close to me.
She now wears a light chainmail shirt under the Elven clothes she too has received.
She doesn't have the physique to carry anything heavier, and it makes little sense for a mage to sacrifice mobility.
The protection she has is adequate, covering the most vital points.
Obviously, she shouldn't be on the frontline during the game and needs to be protected.

The blue-haired Wizard looks very tired, and I can see the fatigue in her beautiful brown eyes.
"You look tired, Welze. Everything alright?"

Blushing, she stammers a response. "I-I didn't sleep much last night..."

She's completely in withdrawal from my seed. She needs a dose to fight better and clear her mind of the perverse thoughts afflicting her.
"I'd offer you a cappuccino, but I doubt I'd find it in this place."

"I could really drink one right now..." she replies.

"Try this, it's not quite the same, but it will perk you up." I pull out a vial I had prepared for her.

"What is it?" she asks curiously.

"It's a restorative tonic," I reply with a smile that seems sincere.

Trusting me by now, Welze takes it without further questions and drinks it all down to the last drop.
"You're right, I already feel much better!" she exclaims, her face lighting up.
"Thank you, Strauss!" she thanks me happily, her relief evident in her voice and demeanor.

Her reaction confirms what I already know - the potion works as intended, not just physically, but mentally too.
It's satisfying to see such immediate results, especially considering the challenges ahead.
I nod in acknowledgment of her thanks, my mind already moving on to the next steps of our preparation.

I then feel an oppressive aura fixing itself on me.
This aura is unmistakable and comes from none other than Queen Azherie Loree’Nahil herself.

Accompanied by Sylthrenn, Queen Azherie approaches with an air that commands respect.
Standing before her, I realize just how tall she is, practically as tall as me.

"Strauss Wagner, it is time to draw up the contract for the Demonic Game of Death," she announces in a tone that brooks no argument.

21