Kaijin
646 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
48+ advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

“Oh? You need to see a blacksmith?” The guard known as Kaidou asked.
 
“Yeah, do you know any good ones?” Remmi, being pushed into the spotlight, had no choice but to step up. Although she did feel that she was never this shy in her past life but she really couldn’t remember it all that clearly.
 
“Kaijin will probably be more than happy to help you. You saved his friends Dord and the rest, after all.” Kaidou replied. 
 
“Then we will be relying on you to make an introduction.” Remmi was happy to have an introduction instead of just going shop to shop.
 
“It’s no problem. This is nothing compared to saving our lives.” Dord was glad to be of some help to his savior.
 
With Dord and the others leading the way,  they began to make their way out of the dungeon, only to have Dord stop and look at the goblin still hanging from the ceiling. “What should we do about him?” 
 
“Ah right…. Just leave him be for now.” Tomoya replied. After all, they would soon be returning to the cell, so there was no need to worry about him now.
 
The group began to wander around the city made of metal. Everything the eye could see was basically made of stone and metal. It was quite an interesting sight for both Remmi and Tomoya. Seeing it in movies, games, and pictures was one thing, but seeing it in real life was another. It was truly an amazing sight. The unique architecture was truly a sight to behold.
 
They soon arrived at a blacksmith where Tomoya knew their newfound crafter was going to be found. But she was still going to leave everything up to Remmi. When the bell on the door rang, the group walked in to see a dwarf hammering away at a sword that was slowly forming.
 
“Kaijin!” Dord yelled out as he, Gram, Myrd, Tomoya, and Remmi all walked into the shop.
 
“Hmmm? Oh, Dord, how was it? Did you find any…..” Kaijin noticed the guests and frowned slightly. “Sorry to tell you this, but I have no time to be taking orders when I already got one I can hardly complete as it is.” 
 
“Kaijin, hold on, listen to this.” Dord began explaining things that made Kaijin scratch his head as he stood up and knelt down, bowing his head. “My apologies. I did not know you saved my brother’s life. I thank you. Although I wish I could help you, I still have to finish the job I was already given.”
 
“You do not need to bow. We helped because we could.” Remmi was glad that Kaijin was such a straightforward person. He was an honest person, which was something she liked in people. At least this was her first impression anyway.
 
“You said you had a big order. Is there a problem?” Tomoya jumped in. She needed to get things moving along. After all, she had elves to charm!
 
“Yeah, I was tasked with forging swords mage of magi steel, but it’s such a rare ore that there is just now enough. Dord and the others were trying to find me some more so I could finish my task, but…. You know how that turned out.” Kaijin replied.
 
“Oh? So you lack magi steel to finish, right?” Tomoya asked, keeping as close to the script as possible.
 
“Yeah, if I had it, I could finish, but even then, I would not make the deadline. The ore itself is not easy to work with.” Kaijin held his head. He was already ripping his hair out over this.
 
“Then….” Tomoya held Remmi out in front of Kaijin and said: “What if Remmi helps?”
 
“A slime?” Kaijin was confused.
 
“I am a slime, but my name is Remmi. If you really wish to finish, I can help.” Remmi had already asked her great sage skill and it is possible to replicate the swords with the ore she had stored inside her. She was glad that Tomoya had suggested taking it all in. “I have this.”
 
Remmi produced a huge chuck of magi steel. “I have tons of this. If you have a sword finish already I might even be able to copy it and reproduce them as well.” 
 
“What!? Are you for real!?” Kaijin did not know what to say. His hands trembled. He slowly knelt on the ground and asked: “If you are willing to help, I will do anything you ask.”
 
“We only need to find some craftsmen willing to come back to our settlement to help build some houses,” Remmi replied. “If you are willing to help with that, I can help you finish  your order.” Remmi looked up at Tomoya for confirmation. When she saw Tomoya give her a thumbs up, she let out a sigh of relief. 
  
“Then take a look at this.” Kaijin walked over and showed Remmi the glowing sword at the side. Remmi looked at it before jumping up and sucking it into her body, scaring Kaijin. “Hey! what are you…”
 
*Clang!* *Clang!*  *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* *Clang!* 
 
“Twenty magic swords complete!”
35