Preparations For The Battle
2.9k 7 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14+ advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

 

“We will camp here tonight.” Tomoya looked at the fancy door in front of her and wanted to get a good rest before she began the hardest fight she had had in a while. “The next monster is a hydra and will consist of six heads. Three of them do elemental damage: a red one that does fire, a blue one that does ice, and a green one that does wind. There is also a purplish black one that will cause a mental attack and put you in a dream-like state where you are facing your worst nightmares. There is a yellow one that is of the earth element that is for defense. And lastly, a white one that is the healer. The first form is very balanced and will be very hard to deal with.”
 
“Tomo, you said this is the first form?” Yue felt slightly nervous. She knew this battle was not going to be easy.
 
“Yes. The second form is only a single head, but it specializes in massive area-of-effect attacks and a beam attack. Its defense is not much different than the others, but it will not be easy to deal with. We will need to be on guard at all times. Use as little mana as you can and try to be more distractive than actually doing damage. I want them to focus on me the most since I have the most mobility. But if you see that I can not get to the white hydra head, and you are able to take it out, go for it. But Yue, remember to always stay safe at all times. Do not do anything reckless.” 
 
Yue’s lips curled up as she nodded her head. “Mmm… I will stay safe. But Tomo, you also need to stay safe as well.”
 
“I plan to. I will be using everything I have to deal with these things.” Tomoya took out a stock of ores and began to work. Her plan right now was to use grenades to deal most of the damage and distraction so she could get in close and deal the finishing blows. In the novels and anime, Hajime had dropped a ceiling on top of the monster’s final form. She did not plan to do that. She planned to just take the thing out by cutting off it’s head. She figured the first form would be the most troublesome since it has six heads, but if you blind them, she will be able to get in close quickly and chop its head off.
 
Tomoya worked for quite a few hours making grenades as well as straps to hang them from so she could do a quick disconnect. This way, she could pull the pin as she pulled it from her straps and toss them out without needing to keep trying to reach for them in her inventory.
 
After she was done, she ate and let Yue have her meal as well. As they were about to go to bed, Yue crawled on top of Tomoya with a sly grin on her face. “Hehe….”
 
“No, you don’t.” Tomoya rolled the Loli Vamp to the side, gave her a kiss on the lips, and laid back down. “We need rest.”
 
“Fine~!” Yue sighed and curled up into Tomoya’s embrace. 
 
[Host]: Sakagami Tomoya
[Gender]: Female
[Age]: ??
[Level]: 199
 
[Current World]: Arifureta
 
[Evolution] One-Tailed Fox
 
[Stats]
[Strength]: 8736
[Vitality]: 8700
[Defense] 8237
[Agility]: 8654
[Magic Power]: 8100
[Magic Defense]: 8034
[Charm] 5437
 
[Skills]
{Transmute} {Ore Appraisal} {Precision Transmutation} {Ore Perception} {Ore Desynthesis} {Ore Synthesis} {Mana Manipulation} {Iron Stomach} {Lightning Field} {Air Dance} {Aero-Dynamic} {Supersonic Step} {Gale Claw} {Language Comprehension} 
 
[Special Skills]
{Click} {Charm S+} {World Hop} {Swordsmanship S} {Pain Resistance++} {Head Pats+}
 
[Waifus]
Yue(Affection: MAX) (Status: My One And Only)
 
A few hours later, Tomoya woke up to see Yue getting her things together. “Yue?”
 
“Tomo?” Yue looked up and smiled, but soon, her voice became slightly gloomy. “Tomo, we can win this, right?”
 
“Yeah. We can.” Tomoya did not care much about how Hajime handled things since he was written in a cool fashion. But she planned to finish this as quickly as possible. She had the benefit of understanding the monster’s traits and also what to expect in the battle, but more than that, she did not plan to just run around shooting aimlessly. Besides the floor with the dinosaurs, she and Yue had cleared the other floors until no monsters could be seen.
 
This was how she raised her level so high already. It took a bit longer, but that was fine as well. Tomoya stood up and began gathering her gear together as well. Once she was dressed and ready to fight, She stood in front of Yue and reached out to pat her head. “Don’t worry. Just do as we planned yesterday, and we can win this fight.”
 
“Okay.” Yue nodded. She trusted Tomoya with her life. During their time together over what seemed like a few months, they had grown closer and closer together. She never wished to part with Tomoya. This was her greatest fear. She hoped that if she did get stunned by the one head that does a mental attack that she could pull through because she knew more than anyone that Tomoya would never leave her behind. 
 
When they were both ready, Tomoya undid the protective wall around them, and they both walked hand in hand to the massive door. Tomoya pressed on the door and slowly began to push it open. The rumbling sound of the ancient door that had not moved in many years echoed through the dungeon. 
 
What lay before them as they entered the room was a large hall with many pillars of crystals coming from the floor and ceiling. “Yue, remember the plan. Keep your attacks minimal and only go all out if you are sure you can kill the healer. Aim for the eyes so that I have a better chance of finishing this thing off quickly.”
 
“Mmm..”
141