Chapter 24
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Elite Zombie Boss opened its gaping maw, and drew me closer. The scent of its foul breath was overwhelming and despair clawed at the edges of my consciousness. It was as if an relentless ending of darkness had cornered me, ready to consume my entire being.

As the creature's teeth inched closer to my face, I felt a surge of desperation. With trembling hands, I quickly spent my remaining 5 stat points that I had saved for emergencies. There was no room for hesitation. I poured all my unspent points into a single attribute: strength.

In an instant, I felt a small but noticeable surge of power coursing through my limbs. It was like a burst of raw energy, an adrenaline rush that brought me back from the edge of unconsciousness. With the newfound strength, I raised the javelin in my hand, its tip gleaming sharp.

With a desperate, primal roar, I drove the javelin forward, aiming for the Elite Zombie Boss's eye. The sharp, wooden tip pierced through the air, finding its mark with a sickening thud. The creature's bloodshot eye erupted in a spray of dark, viscous fluid, and it emitted a guttural, agonized screech that echoed off the walls.

The Elite Zombie Boss's grip on me slackened, its massive form convulsing in pain and fury. It thrashed wildly, its grotesque limbs flailing in all directions. I clung to the javelin with all my might, refusing to let go, even as the creature's strength threatened to crush me.

Driven by sheer determination and reinvigorated by the strength I had just acquired, I continued to push the javelin deeper into the Elite Zombie Boss's skull. With each push, the creature's movements grew more erratic, its screeches turning into tortured, gurgling cries.

Blood and ichor splattered in all directions as I fought to maintain my grip on the weapon. The sensation of the javelin penetrating the creature's skull was filled with resistance and morbid satisfaction. With each push, the Elite Zombie Boss's struggles weakened, its movements becoming more feeble and uncoordinated.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of struggle, the Elite Zombie Boss ceased its thrashing. Its bloodshot eyes grew dull and lifeless, its monstrous form collapsing to the ground in a grotesque heap. The Elite Zombie Boss had been silenced.

As I stood there, panting and covered in the gruesome aftermath of my battle with the Elite Zombie Boss, a sense of triumph and disbelief washed over me. I managed to defeat it. I was victorious!

The restroom looked like a scene from a horror movie, littered with the remnants of our brutal confrontation. The air was thick with the acrid stench of decay and blood, and the atmosphere was charged with an eerie stillness.

Exhausted and battered, I slowly withdrew the javelin from the creature's lifeless eye socket, my hands slick with its vile blood.

As I took a step back, trying to catch my breath, a floating blue screen appeared before me, its text glowing brightly:

Congratulations!

You've reached Level 17!

You've reached Level 18!

You've reached Level 19!

15 new stat points are available.

Dungeon Cleared!

Status Window

Race: Human

Gender: Male

Name: Kei Sato

Level: 16

Health: 125/300

Health Regen: 0.03/Second

Mana: 100/100

Mana Regen: 0.01/Second

Stamina: 50/300

Stamina Regen: 0.03/Second

Strength: 25

Dexterity: 20

Agility: 45

Vitality: 30

Intelligence: 10

Luck: 10

Damage Reduction: 3%

Critical Chance: 1%

Unallocated Points: 15

As I gazed upon the words flickering on the screen, a sense of overwhelming triumph coursed through me. Not only had I emerged victorious, but I had also ascended three levels in a single bound. And now, the system had declared that the dungeon was cleared.

A surge of happiness washed over me. The levels, and the sheer, unbridled power that came with it was intoxicating, sending a laugh of triumph echoing through the air. The power! Oh, the staggering, exhilarating power! Hahaha!

As I marveled at the screen displaying my new stats and the successful clearing of the dungeon, a second message appeared in the familiar floating blue text:

Achievement Unlocked!

Undead Slayer Tier I

My eyes widened in surprise and anticipation as I read the words. It seemed that my victory against the Elite Zombie Boss had not gone unnoticed by the system. I had earned an achievement, one that would provide even greater strength for future challenges.

The message continued:

Effect: For defeating an undead dungeon boss by yourself, you will now gain a 10% boost to all stats when fighting against undead creatures.

As I read about the newly acquired achievement, I grinned happily. The thought of having an advantage against these nightmarish foes was undeniably appealing, especially after the grueling battle I had just endured.

However, as I contemplated the prospect of facing even more of these undead creatures, my initial enthusiasm waned. The memories of their gruesome appearance, disgusting smell, and the lingering feeling of fear they invoked made me shudder. The Elite Zombie Boss, in particular, had been a formidable and intelligent adversary, and the thought of encountering more like it was far from appealing.

With a resigned shrug, I pushed aside my reservations. Challenges were an inevitability, and I had already proven my ability to overcome them. While the undead creatures were unsettling and repulsive, I won’t let fear hold me back.

Turning away from the thoughts of future battles, I made my way back through the corridors of the school, retracing my steps to the classroom where Sara, Lily, and Tim were waiting. A sense of excitement grew with each passing step. The nightmare was over, and it was finally time to share the good news and plan our return to the outside world.

2