Ch 31: Aftermath.
410 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyra was sitting in a familiar interrogation room with the rest of the team.

 

“Do you think we’ll get cookies this time too?” Ruby asks

 

"Man, it's been awhile since I have been here. The police are usually too scared to touch me. I should have introduced myself." Kyra says with a grin.

 

Blake and Weiss just look at her with raised brows, the obvious question being the elephant in the room.

 

Yang and Ruby sigh.

 

"Where do you find the time to run that company, Sis?" Yang asks, leaning on the table and resting her head on her hand.

 

"It's mostly Jarvis helping out now." Kyra says

 

Suddenly, an all too familiar figure walks in with a plate of cookies and steam mug. Ozpin chuckles, seeing Ruby and Kyra in this position again, he simply sets the cookies down and pulls his chair out.

 

Looking back at the table, the empty plate stared back at him, looking up he witnessed both Kyra and Ruby whipping crumbs off their mouths, he chuckled and set his mug down.

 

‘They’ve gotten significantly faster.’

 

"So what were you doing if you don't mind me asking?" Ozpin asks, opening the table up to the team.

 

"Would you believe me if I told you we were minding our own business when a psychotic mech robot that escaped from Atlas attacked us?" Yang asks jokingly, with a vulpine grin.

 

"No." Ozpin says, pushing his glasses up, the light glinting off them.

 

"What if we were investigating the reason for the recent dust robberies and came across a psychotic robot?” Kyra asked, “What was Torchwick doing with state-of-the-art Atlas tech anyway?" Kyra said, a sly questioning tone leaving her lips.

 

"Ironwood wasn't too happy about a video online titled “Stark industries prototype armor vs Atlas' brand new Atlesian Paladin-290”." Ozpin says, a little bit of mirth in his voice. 

 

Kyra whistled a bit, looking away from the headmaster. After all, if you looked into his eyes, he could use legitimacy to read your thoughts… Wait, that's a different headmaster. 

 

"You all go back to Beacon." Ozpin says, the students instantly starting to stand up and leave, Yang giving him the finger gun's on the way out as Ruby quickly rushes to the door.

 

"Except for you, Kyra." Ozpin says, just before she leaves, her team turned to her, but she just waved them off.

 

"Everything okay sir?" Kyra says, returning to her seat.

 

"Is everything going to plan?" Ozpin asks, leaning back into the chair, hand on the table as he watched.

 

"Yes, I believe I made myself a target of interest since I keep harassing one of the spies and I only ever fight with equipment. I don't want them abandoning their plans and doing something more rash." Kyra says already having a way to deactivate the Atlas drones and her own automatic gun, laser, and rocket turrets are set up.

 

"Have some students been trained on how to use the anti air?" Kyra asks

 

"Yes, all non Hunter students have been trained on the equipment soon we could use it to defend Vale easier and maybe expand back into the rest of the continent." Ozpin says happily.

 

"Remember once this is over with. Team RWBYS and JNPR will likely be

labeled as a threat. We will need to leave the kingdoms to protect ourselves

and others. Especially when they realized I tricked them all." Kyra says

"You remind me a lot of myself in my younger years." Ozpin says

"Try to stop me from making the same mistakes you made over your long

long life then." Kyra says not wanting anywhere near the amount of

enemies Ozpin has. He's made mistakes and plenty of them he has also

learned from them, that's why Ozpin is who he is today.

 

"Is the body ready?" Ozpin says

 

"Yes." Kyra says

 

==============

A few hours ago, Ironwood was in Ozpin's office discussing the upcoming games, and the security measures to be taken when his Scroll started to go off like the apocalypse was happening. 

 

"What is this!?" Ironwood shouts looking at the screen. It's the afternoon news and it's showing Kyra's video of her thrashing the brand new Paladin in her power armor.

 

Ozpin takes a peak "Oh, it's Kyra again." 

 

"Isn't she super powerful? Why is she using that thing that was obviously built to compete with us." Ironwood says 

 

"Yeah, she built it for that purpose, however she said she won't sell it because of the object that powers it." Ozpin says 

 

"What powers it?" Ironwood asks. 

 

"She has devices powered by nuclear reactors and Fusion reactors. I think she mostly relies on fusion though since the chance of melt down is nonexistent apparently along with the waste being significantly less harmful." Ozpin says trying to remember a talk with Kyra 

Ironwood suddenly makes a phone call and comes back with the most shocked look on his face Ozpin had ever seen. 

 

"Fusion is just a concept and has not been explored by Atlas because it was

estimated it would take more resources then our country has to get results."

Ironwood said with unconcealed awe.

 

"It's a shame she doesn't like your countries arrogance and how most of

your council members look down on the Faunus." Ozpin comments 

 

While Ironwood is slowly starting to realize needs to fix that, and fix it fast,before it really comes back to bite him. A god who is a Faunus, she could slaughter them when she came into her power and they could do nothing about it.

 

"Note to self never piss her off."Ironwood says

 

"Well I have to go." Ozpin says

 

"Where?" Ironwood

 

"To get my students out of jail." Ozpin says leaving realizing that Kyra

doesn't trust Ironwood otherwise the video wouldn't have been released.

Or maybe he was thinking too hard about it. 

 

36