Prologue: All Alone
7.1k 26 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue: All Alone

-----------------------------------------------

--POV: Unknown--

--Place: Mountain of Hope / Time: Unknown--

A comet flashes through the stars, such a beautiful sight, to the point that it’s sickening.

I raise my head as I rest on the top of the tallest mountain, looking at the never-ending clear sky.

I have looked up every night, for thousands of years, thousands of times, wondering if there is something out there for me to reach, a goal to strive for.

I used to kill a lot when I was young, back when I was only a couple hundred years old. I used to conquer, looking for new challenges, for new foes, even making some friends.

But as I grew older I realised, what am I going to do after that? Is there something else? What if there is nothing left.

The more years that passed, the more isolated I became. I no longer wanted to explore, to learn more. As…..there isn’t anything left to learn.

I came across a mountain, and made it my home. With my eye sight, and clairvoyance abilities, I spectated the world.

Wars, famines, oppression, instability, and mass murder is common here. The mortals would rather destroy themselves, than work together.

Watching a film repeat itself for millennia gets old. I watched others suffered, watched them get murdered, raped, oppressed, and exploited…..But that is none of my business.

If you haven’t caught on by now, I am immortal. I can’t die, and while many may envy and try to covet such a quality for themselves, wishing they had this blessing of eternal life, make no mistake you fools, this is no blessing….

 

 

This is a curse.

 

Where are my parents? Gone.

Where are my kin? Dead.

Who killed them? Yours truly.

“haaa…” I breathe another countless sigh. Lowering my snout, so it rests on my front paws. I close my eyes, wishing for this endless cycle of boredom to end.

141