[Vol: 2 End] Ch: 128 [Human or Monster]
804 11 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Space]

Meanwhile, Superman was dealing with the other two fighters. Even though they were not as powerful as Zod or the now-deceased, Faora, they were still Kryptonian soldiers, so they weren't pushovers. Superman used his heat vision and shot one of them through the chest. The Kryptonian soldier coughed blood as his body was sent flying back by the force.

[Baaam!] The other one punched Superman away miles back.

Superman regained his balance and flew back. The two fighters recovered quickly and rushed in. They punched and kicked, trying to land a hit on Superman.

They were fast, but not as fast as him. Superman dodged their attacks and used his speed and strength to overwhelm them. He landed a hard punch on one of their jaws and sent him flying back. He punched him again, and this time, the Kryptonian's shoulder shattered.

"Damn you, Kal," He yelled in rage.

"Don't lose focus. Just buy enough time for the others to wake up from their cryo-sleep," The other Kryptonian flew and stopped beside him, "His speed and strength are already comparable to General Zod." He dodged another punch from Superman, "How did he become this powerful on such a low-level planet?"

"It doesn't matter. Just stall until they get up. Then with all of us together, we can capture him," The wounded Kryptonian dodged a kick from Superman.

.

Kara heard their conversation and flew toward the mothership, "Well, time to sleep for eternity." She unleashed her heat vision on the ship, but an energy barrier protected the mothership. "Tsk." She clicked her tongue, "Brute force it is then." She clenched her fist and rushed in, trying to breach the energy shield of the Mothership with a physical attack.

"Here goes nothing..."

Kara's fist crashed against the energy barrier, sending jolts through her arm. She kept punching as the energy shield would prevent her attacks and the electricity generated would injure her, but she ignored it and kept punching at an insane rate, cracking the energy barrier with each punch. This much electricity is nothing. Her body has grown accustomed to electricity thanks to Waller who caged her in those electric chains for years. She pushed harder. Her punch began to get faster and harder until her punches broke through the energy field and struck the metal part of the shield.

Her fist cracked the metal part, and the energy field collapsed.

A wave of electricity swept through the surroundings and blasted her back. Her hair was a complete mess and blood dripped out of the wounds on her arms. She shook the blood off as her body began to absorb the solar radiation and heal at a rate that could be seen through the naked eye.

[Rumble!] [Rumble!] The ship's weapon system activated and was locked onto Kara.

"Ah! Crap," Kara saw a huge energy beam forming on the gun. Then it shot straight at her.

She flew away from the ship, but the beam was like a homing missile as it followed her no matter how fast she tried to run.

"Clark," She yelled as she flew toward Superman, behind her was the energy beam, "Get out of my way!" Her plan was to fly past the remaining two Kryptonians and kill them with the oncoming beam, "Destroy that ship. Hurry!" She zoomed past Superman as he flew toward the mothership without a question.

The two fighters tried to fly away, but they weren't as fast as Kara.

"Die," She used her heat vision and struck the left-most fighter through his skull.

A flash of red passed through, and a hole was left on his head. He was killed. Then she zoomed before the last survivor, "Going somewhere?" She grabbed his throat and began to punch his face over and over again. The Kryptonian fighter tried to fight back with all his might. He threw heat vision at her, but it was weaker. Kara didn't even flinch as she moved her head to dodge, and then she kept punching him. Her punch grew more brutal, stronger. Until, after a while, his face was an unrecognizable mess.

[Splat!] A final punch splattered his head like a melon, "Good riddance," Kara kicked the dead body away and sped toward the ship.

---

[Bruce's side] [Mars]

Bruce kept slapping Zod every time he rushed in to attack him. He caught his fist and slapped him hard enough to slam the Kryptonian General to the ground. Right now, Bruce has almost completely adapted to his new evolution with the modified genes. His stamina, power, endurance, regenerative ability, and speed were out of the charts. Zod was no match for him anymore.

"What's wrong?" He zoomed over to Zod. He pressed Zod's head with his feet and whispered, "Isn't your kind supposed to be superior to human? Look at you now. So weak... Pathetic. Lying under the feet of a human." Bruce glared at him with cold and emotionless eyes.

"Shut the hell up! Don't you dare look down on me!" Zod clenched his teeth and pushed against Bruce's foot. It was futile, his foot didn't move. "You call yourself a human? No, you aren't a human anymore, you bastard. You are just a monster. And mark my word, very soon, your own people will turn against you and kill you with a bullet to the head."

"Oh, I'm sure they will try," Bruce chuckled and dug his feet into Zod's head. "But, don't you worry." He patted Zod's bloody cheek with his feet, "I'll play with them first. Maybe give them some hope and then shatter it like glass. But I guess, it's time to wrap things up. I'm hungry. So, goodbye, General Zod." A hard stomp ended everything.

Zod lay on the red surface, dead and beaten, with blood pouring out of the fractures of his skull. However, Bruce didn't want to take any chance, so, he walked over to Zod's legs.

"Can't take any chances, can we now?" Bruce pressed Zod's left thigh with his feet and grabbed Zod's right leg with his hand. Then with a strong pull, he split Zod's body in half, right from the middle, and threw both of the halves away like trash. 

Blood and guts splattered everywhere on the red planet.

"Damn! That's gross." 

"Well, human or monster... It doesn't matter. As long as my people are safe. I don't care if I become a monster. I'll never fall again like my past life... And thanks for your warning. I always sleep with one eye open," He turned his attention toward the mothership. "Now, time to gobble up this giant piece of tech..."

---

[Mothership]

Superman smashed the charging cannons one after another and then a powerful punch blew a massive hole in the hull. Kara and Bruce flew behind him.

"Wow! Easy now," Bruce stopped them from destroying the ship, "We'll need this ship for our future battles. So, try to keep the damage to a minimum." He flew inside the ship, followed by Superman and Kara.

"Zod?" Kara inquired.

"Dead..."

Inside, there was no one except for a few bot workers. When they saw the trio enter the ship, they began to shoot laser beams at them. Superman's quick barrage of heat vision took care of them.

"They were talking about some cryo sleep..." Kara walked into a control panel, and typed in a command, "Seems like most of the Kryptonians are still asleep. Total 40 of them frozen in pods."

"So," Bruce turned toward the two of them, "What are you going to do about them? Let them free or get rid of them."

Kara glanced at Bruce for a moment and then turned to Clark, "They are the resistance army. With Zod gone... We don't know what they will do now. If that many warriors wake up and decide to go on a rampage, then, with just three of us... It's going to be difficult. So, I say, get rid of the past for once and for all."

"We have no way of knowing if they are hostile or not. Not now, at least," Superman voiced his concerns, "We can't just kill them like that."

"Not now. But they are a threat. Maybe not right now, but sometime in the near future..." Kara urged, "It's not like we can keep an eye on them and make sure they don't go on a massacre."

Superman shook his head in disagreement.

"Bruce, what do you think?" Kara shifted her gaze to Bruce.

Bruce crossed his arms and pondered, "This is only our first big battle. There are other forces... Forces far stronger and more dangerous than Zod. Compared to them Zod was a toddler. But with the Kryptonians here, we will have a better chance to fight those threats. The thing is..." He thought for a moment, "They are going to need a strong leader to lead them. But I doubt they will just yield to us. So, let them sleep for now. In the meantime, we will train and get stronger. Then, we will beat them up to a pulp... So, we will beat them to submission."

"I like the sound of that," Kara chuckled, "It will be so much fun."

Superman didn't like it, "So, you both are going to just beat them and treat them like toys, huh,"

"Well, considering that they came to kill us first... Yeah," Kara replied cracking her fist, "Besides, all these bastards are corrupt as hell. So, it's better to beat them to submission... Haaa... I forgot you don't know anything about our people. No wonder you are hesitant." She sighed.

"Well, you can give Clark a history lesson later, right now, I'm going to shrink and hide this ship and I'll continue to monitor them so that none of them ends up dying," Bruce pressed his palm on the controller, "Jarvis. Time to do your magic."

----

AN: The next volume will first deal with League of Assassins, while slowly going toward the Atlantis arc. 

----

'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next, [Vol: 3] Ch: 129: Suit of Sorrows

Ch: 130: Ra's vs Suit of Sorrows

Ch: 131: Interlude- The Plan

Ch: 132: Lady Shiva

Announcement

The next volume will first deal with the League of Assassins, and the League of Shadows, while slowly going toward the Atlantis arc. We will see Joker and Harley and the chaos they will unleash.

New girls: Lady Shiva, Nyssa, Cassandra Cain, Barbara, Harley, and Aquawoman. > For now atleast.

But, as always, I will take 1 week break to stockpile chapters for a stable release. Oh, and not to worry. The first few chs of vol-3 will take care of some missing plot points.

--

--

As always, you can go to my pat reon to read early chs.> Link: www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

I have 16 advance chs and 3 more coming by tomorrow. 

23