Ch: 131 [The Plan]
378 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: This is a brief flashback chapter showing how Talia got injured. I know I kinda messed up the pace. 😅😅 But, can't say I left a plot hole later. Give some ratings guys. Ratings haven't increased in a month or so.

----

[A.R.G.U.S. HEADQUARTERS]

"First you lost the spaceships and now this," Waller stood before the empty prison. Before her were the broken chains and the prisoner who was supposed to be there was missing, "Where is she?"

Amanda turned her eyes to the guards and doctors next to her who stood like statues. "No one knows," said a guard, "She was sitting in her cell, and now..."

"She disappeared in the thin air, just like those spaceships," One of the doctors added.

Amanda was about to say something, but one of the security members rushed into the room, "Ma'am, you should see this..." He opened his tab and showed them a video he was holding in his hand. Amanda put on her glasses and looked at the small screen.

"It was taken just before she disappeared," He paused and zoomed the footage, then played it once again. 

In that 10-second video, what they saw made them jump in shock. The girl was talking to herself and suddenly shrunk to an ant's size. The footage cuts to black.

"Some kind of magician?" Waller's voice showed that she was a little surprised by the footage. "Or..."

"Did she just become the size of an ant?!" One of the doctors who was in charge of experimenting on that girl's body exclaimed.

As if this wasn't enough shock...

Two more guards rushed into the room, "Ma'am, the spaceships... They appeared out of thin air in their places!"

"Let's go!" Amanda quickly walked out of the room. Everything was happening too fast for her to figure out the cause of the events, all she could do now was see it with her eyes.

[Research ground]

Amanda, followed by the others, stopped before the research ground where the two stolen alien spaceships rested.

A group of guards armed with deadly guns was pointing them at the spaceships.

"One of the ships appeared here a minute ago, the second one," He pointed at the second spaceship which lay half-broken after it crashed into the ground a day ago.

Suddenly, the light went out. The entire area became pitch black. The emergency power that should come on by itself wasn't triggered. A few people could be heard pulling the trigger and the sound of a metallic hit could be heard. They switched on their flashlights.

"Formation B, protect the director," One of the guards ordered as six others formed a circle around Waller.

"Something is moving in there," One of the researchers shined their flashlight into the empty hall and pointed out. But there wasn't anyone. "Kuggg!" He grabbed his throat and fell to his knees. Blood was gushing out of his eyes, nose, and mouth. His corpse collapsed onto the ground, dead.

Then another scream. This time it was a guard. Someone sliced off his throat so viciously. Another scream... And another. One by one everyone started falling dead with their eyes, ears, noses, and mouths filled with their blood. They could only hear their voices and nothing else. None of them were able to shoot or fight back. Everything was over in less than fifteen seconds.

Waller took out a remote from her pocket and pressed the button. Her actions were quite calm and calculated for someone whose life is on the line.

She saw a silhouette on the floor with the bodies of her soldiers and scientists surrounding it. Then the number increased. Within the blink of an eye, she was surrounded by approximately twenty shadows.

[Boooom!] [Boooom!] The alien spaceships began to explode, creating a massive wave of flames and heat, that illuminated the dark surrounding, revealing the intruders' identities. She saw ninjas in black attires holding glowing blades with blood dripping on their hilts.

Waller looked up from a sword, pointed at her to its holder, "Who are you?" She asked in her usual calm tone without showing any sign of being worried or surprised, only curiosity.

"We are the shadows who maintain the balance of power. And you, Amanda Waller, have gone too far with your ambition and greed. For that, you must be eliminated," A female figure covered in black from head to toe, stepped forward with her sword, gleaming in the flickering flame from the burning spaceships.

"So, the legends weren't mere legends. There really exists... some organization operating outside of all known powers. I, always knew I might end up having an encounter with your... Order someday, but that's fine," Waller smiled in the face of death, "It's too late for you all anyway." She took a step backward.

[Zing!] A bolt of lightning flew past Waller's face from behind and shot straight for the assassin girl. She spun around and swung her sword, targeting Waller's neck.

"Stupid!" Waller smirked as the girl's body froze and her sword turned to dust. 

"Humff!" The assassin tried to move, but it was useless. Her body was frozen and so was her team. "What is it?!"

"Enchantress. Keep five alive; the rest is yours," Amanda's voice was the last thing that the assassin heard before a new kind of horror struck her mind.

A green glowing figure appeared out of nowhere. Her body was covered in runes and she was emitting some kind of green energy. "I like the taste of these souls." Her voice echoed in their minds as she walked around her prey.

The backup team appeared and dropped smoke bombs, trying to block Enchantress's vision. They grabbed the girl and tried to run away.

[Crackle!] [Spark!] Countless strikes of thunder landed on the ground, creating a massive wave of force that threw them away like pebbles.

"No one is going anywhere," Amanda said while looking at the burning spaceships with the bodies of her fallen comrades scattered across the research grounds. "You have killed my people. It's only fair that I return the favor."

Enchantress's thunder magic was powerful, but they were no pushovers. They managed to dodge her attacks and run.

"How long do you think you can run?" The voice echoed in their minds once again.

"We should have finished her when we had a chance," One of them shouted as she ran.

"Doesn't matter. We have already accomplished our job. Cover our backs," The assassin girl who was paralyzed, regained her senses. She jumped down from her comrade's back and began to run as the other assassins stayed behind to buy her time to escape.

The green witch stood amidst the flames, "I can sense their presence from anywhere. They can't escape." She closed her eyes and pointed her hand towards the escaping assassins. The green energy formed a sphere that flew toward her target.

"For the League," The remaining assassins blocked the oncoming bolts of arcane. Their bodies began to disintegrate as Enchantress's spell tore through them.

"Your efforts are in vain," Enchantress shook her head as she saw the last of them vanish. "I can still sense your leader." She pointed her finger toward the assassin girl. Six bolts of lightning flew from her finger and hit her back. Exactly at that moment, another assassin jumped in, grabbed her, and ran.

Thanks to the sacrifices of her team, she managed to escape A.R.G.U.S's facility. But her wounds were too severe. 

.

.

[Safehouse]

"ARGGG!" She groaned in pain but didn't scream.

"Damn it!" Her comrade checked her wound.

"How bad?" She asked as she sat up.

"If we don't treat this wound in time, you will die in three days."

She bit her lip and closed her eyes. "My life doesn't matter. Go and find out about that witch and Waller's plan. Two days. GO!"

"Miss. Talia," He tried to object, but she cut him off.

"Do you want me to die in vain? Don't waste your time on me, find out everything about them," She commanded and then fell back into the bed.

The man took out some potions that Ra's made for emergency situations like this and dripped them on her wounds. A burning sensation ran through her body as she gritted her teeth, fighting the pain.

"This will keep you alive for now. Don't die," He disappeared in the shadows.

[A few minutes passed...]

Talia was lying on the bed, fighting for her life. This wasn't the plan. It was supposed to go smoothly, but then...

"Humfff!" She groaned and tried to sit up.

"Ah! Look at you. I told you not to go after Waller and just complete your mission of destroying those spaceships," A familiar voice came to her ears.

"Why are you here, Bruce Wayne?!" She frowned and buried her face back on the pillow.

Bruce Wayne walked over to her and checked her wound. "Hmm... Ra's has made quite an improvement in his concoction. You will be fine for the time being, but you will die without proper treatment."

"Aren't you glad?" She turned her head to the right and saw his face. "It's just like you wanted. Me getting wounded, father using the Pit, and your poison will destroy the Pit. Ra's al Ghul will lose his source of immortality and you will take over the League."

"Haaa..." Bruce sat beside her with a sigh. Even though it was cold of him to use her as bait, he never wished for her to get hurt like this. "You know I don't wish for anyone to get hurt." He pulled up her blood-soaked shirt and glanced her her wounds.

"Trying to take advantage of me?" She smiled at him.

"You are not in a state to joke," His eyes fixed on her wounds as the nanites scanned them. It was deep as if something pierced through her body, "Who was it?" He asked.

"Enchantress, or so what Waller called her," Talia was still trying to remember the details of the green witch. "And she was powerful."

Bruce manipulated the nanites on his palm. A blue glowing vial formed on his hand. He brought it to her lips. "Drink."

"More poison?" Talia smirked.

"This will keep you alive long enough. So, just go with the plan," Bruce helped her drink the liquid.

Talia swallowed the potion and then coughed, "Who was the girl in Waller's lab?" 

"Kara Zor-L. That's all I can say for now," Bruce stood up, as he sensed her backup team approaching the building, "The suit? Why didn't you use it?" He asked, looking at her smiling face.

"You wouldn't want me to expose our little plan to the League, would you?" Talia smiled.

"Hah!" Bruce shook his head and used the Pym Particles to shrink, just as her backup team appeared in the building.

-

'favourite' the chapter if you liked it. 

800 PS> 1 bonus chapter
1000 PS> 2 Bonus chapters

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next, Ch: 132: Lady Shiva

Ch: 133: Unpredicted events

Ch: 134: New threats

Ch: 135: Gift or Curse?

---

 

13