Ch: 136 [Way to Nanda Parbat]
531 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Please give ratings if you haven't yet.

After Selina, Alice, and June left for England to meet up with Constantine, Bruce shifted his focus to the League of Assassins. As much as he would have liked to meet Constantine in person, all he was able to do was talk over the phone, not even a video call. Constantine agreed to look after June and after meeting her, he will decide the best course of action for her.

Last night, he managed to analyze the Lazarus pit through remote access, with the help of nanites he injected into Talia's body. When Ra's used the pit on her to heal her critical injuries, that's when Bruce did it. After gathering enough data and hiding enough samples of the liquid within the nanites in Talia's body, he dragged out some nanites, and left them in the pit without anyone noticing. 

Dionesium, a kind of liquid metal, is what the pit is made of which is capable of reactivating cells in dead tissues. Bruce put Wednesday and Thursday on scanning every corner of Earth to find more Dionesium. Apart from the one in Ra's control, there are supposed to be four more pits. And there is no way, Bruce is going to let this chance go. The power of immortality is so close to his reach. If he has the liquid, he can perform experiments on it to figure out the best way to utilize it, maybe even create a synthetic version of the pit.

Currently, Bruce was flying towards Nanda Parbat along with Diana inside a cloaked aircraft with his legion of nanobots following behind. Since they were in stealth mode, they were invisible to human eyes. He wanted to involve Kara and Clark but decided against it since he didn't want them to know about his plans just yet. Also, Kara was having a difficult time adjusting to Earth since her immense strength caused her problems while doing everyday tasks like holding doors or picking up her keys without breaking them. So, Clark was helping her adjust to living on Earth just like how he learned.

"So, a place filled with danger, traps, and assassins, capable of killing anyone," Diana said as she sat on the co-pilot seat. "Sounds fun."

Bruce smirked hearing her words. Diana always loved challenges.

"Yeah, just be careful. Don't underestimate them and keep that armor on all the time. You don't want to fall for their hallucination tricks," Bruce warned.

Diana nodded before asking again, "This Ra's al Ghul, guy... Is he really hundreds of years old?"

"Yeah, as far as I know, he's around 500 years old, but he lived so long that he himself lost track of time," Bruce answered as he steered the aircraft.

Diana nodded, processing that information, "To think humans are capable of living this long using a mythical pit that heals all injuries and gives rejuvenation and healing power to those who bathe in it..." She mused as she looked at the snowy mountains below them. She then turned her attention towards Bruce, "Do you want immortality too?"

Hearing her question, Bruce kept quiet for a while before replying, "Humm... That's a good question. What about you? You also lived hundreds of years and outlived so many generations of humans. How does it feel to live forever without aging?"

Diana ponded upon his questions for a few seconds before answering, "It's not easy watching people grow old and die, knowing that someday even your friends and family will leave this world and you will remain. But we Amazonians have different perspectives of time, at least I used to have..."

"Used to? Not anymore?" Bruce asked curiously as he glanced at Diana before turning on the AI control. 

Diana shook her head before answering, "When I came to Man's world, I realized that I am different from these short-lived beings who spend only a fraction of their lives. I thought they were weak and inferior to Amazons but after spending time here, I started to realize that everyone cherishes every second of their lives because they know that time is limited for them. They strive to achieve everything they can during the time they are given. It took me centuries to realize this simple fact..."

Bruce smiled hearing her answer.

"But yeah... Immortality isn't that bad either. To witness history being written in front of you by mortals whose life spans are shorter than yours," Diana added.

Bruce nodded hearing her answer.

As both of them flew towards Nanda Parbat, Diana spoke up again, "You know... Even though I never aged, I still changed. The Diana from the past is very different from my current self."

"You don't hate men anymore or use them for breeding before killing them?" Bruce chuckled.

Diana glared at him hearing his jokes before retorting, "That's the kind of place I grew up, so, yeah, I used to hate men, but not anymore. And for your information, I've never slept with another person in my life." She blushed a little after admitting the truth.

Bruce raised an eyebrow upon hearing her statement before smirking, "Never slept with anyone... Really?"

He glanced into her eyes and her expression says it all.

"You gotta be kidding me! Ok. It may be a personal question, but I need to ask you. How do you deal with your desires, you know? You use toys?" He asked teasingly as he tried to hold back a chuckle.

"Bruce!" Diana exclaimed, trying to hide her embarrassment but failed miserably. Her red cheeks exposed the truth.

"What? Can you blame me? I'm just curious! I mean you never had sex for thousands of years! You must be frustrated!" Bruce laughed seeing Diana's embarrassed face.

She sighed before answering, "I'm not some horny teenager, Bruce. I can control myself!"

Bruce couldn't stop laughing at Diana's reaction as he continued to tease her, "Really? Are you sure?" He leaned towards Diana while looking straight into her eyes.

His intense gaze made Diana uncomfortable as she felt something strange inside her.

'Wow, he is so close!' She felt that weird feeling again. Her heart was beating faster, 'What's this warm feeling?'

Suddenly, Bruce smirked before speaking, "Boo!"

"Ahh!" Diana screamed in shock as she punched him thanks to her reflexes, but she felt as if her fist just hit a slab of metal, "Sorry. Reflexes!" She apologized immediately as Bruce pretended to be hurt. Well, considering his evolution, a punch like that is nothing more than a mosquito bite to him.

"Damn! For a second, I thought you were going to kiss me." He joked making Diana blush once again.

She averted her gaze while mumbling under her breath, "Asshole."

'Is he interested in me?! He has Selina and Pamela now! Does he plan to add me to the harem too?! No way!' Diana thought as she stole glances at Bruce.

"Pfft!" Bruce almost burst into laughter after hearing her mumble while thinking about how cute Diana looked when she blushed.

"Shut it, Bruce," She mumbled again as she crossed her hands while pouting, trying to hide her embarrassment. Bruce found Diana adorable when she behaved like that.

After a few minutes, Diana finally calmed down as she asked, "Seriously, though... What are you going to do with the Lazarus Pit? Destroy it or keep it?"

"I'll keep it. It's too precious to destroy. Who knows when we might need it? No, with the enemies out there outside Earth, we'll definitely need the pit," Bruce answered seriously.

Diana nodded in understanding hearing his reply.

'Maybe with the Pit and his new evolution, I won't have to worry about losing my new friends...' Diana thought as she glanced at Bruce. She already lost so many people throughout her lifetime that she doesn't want to lose any new ones.

Soon, the aircraft entered Nanda Parbat airspace...

***

'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next, Ch: 137: Seven Men of Death

Ch: 138: Rivalry

Ch: 139: Talia vs Nyssa

Ch: 140: A challenge

---

18