Ch: 67 [Diana meets Bruce Wayne]
1.2k 3 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will let this insolent man go for now. My eyes went toward the barbeque stall on the corner, grilled meat and fried chicken wafting through the air. The delicious aroma made me hungry again. I approached the counter, and a friendly-looking young man greeted me with a smile.

"Hello there! What can I get for you today?"

"What are my options?" I asked, looking at the menu.

He explained the various options and handed me a menu. I have no idea what any of this means, but the pictures look appetizing, so I ordered a few things.

After a few minutes, my food was ready. The young man handed me a paper bag and said, "Here you go, ma'am. Have a great day!"

I thanked him and walked to a nearby park bench to enjoy my meal. As I took my first bite, my eyes lit up. This was incredible! The meat was tender, juicy, and flavorful. What kind of new spices and herbs did they use to cook this? It was like nothing I had ever tasted.

I was halfway through my meal when I spotted a stray dog, looking at me with those big, adorable eyes.

"What? Want some?" I asked as I took out a drumstick and held it before it.

"Wofff!" barked the dog as it wagged its tail.

"Here, catch," I tossed it over, and the dog caught it in midair. It ate eagerly, gulping down the meat in seconds. Its furry little face is smeared with barbecue sauce. And, it's wagging its tail again!

"Want another one?" I asked.

"Wofff!" it barked again.

I gave him another drumstick, and he wolfed it down as quickly as the last one.

We ate together, bonding over barbeque chicken. By the time I finished my meal, the dog had licked the sauce off the ground and curled up near my feet. It was a beautiful sight, sitting in the park, watching the city lights sparkle against the night sky. It's so peaceful. No more wars, no more death. Just people living their lives and enjoying their freedom.

Huh?! What's that little girl eating? A cone-shaped thing with a pink ball attached to it? Looks tasty... I approached her and asked, "Excuse me, what is that?"

The little girl smiled and replied, "It's ice cream!"

"Is it tasty?" I asked curiously.

"Yup! Very tasty," she replied as her mother called her from a distance. "Coming," She ran off with her ice cream in hand, waving goodbye to me.

Hmm... Ice cream. Sounds interesting. Now where can I find some ice cream? I searched the area until I found an ice cream stand.

"Hello there! What can I get for you?" The vendor asked.

"Ice cream," I replied bluntly.

"Any flavor you prefer?" He showed me a list of options with an awkward chuckle.

I picked strawberry because it looked familiar. The vendor took out a cone-shaped thing and scooped three balls of pink ice cream onto it.

"Here you go, miss," he handed it to me, and I took a bite.

Wow! This is cold and sweet! Delicious! I quickly devoured it.

"You, give me two more!" I ordered, holding up two fingers.

He scooped out two more ice creams, and I finished them just as quickly. This is amazing! Who would have thought frozen cream could taste so good?

"Haha!" The guy chuckled once again, "Is this your first time trying ice cream?"

"Yes, it is," I nodded, licking my fingers.

"Well, I am glad you liked it," He smiled warmly. "Have a wonderful day!"

"You too. You did a good job. Ice cream is delicious. I will be back for more tomorrow," I waved goodbye as I left the stand.

Now that my stomach is full, I need a place to sleep for the night. I walked around the city till I came to a cozy-looking motel. There were some weird pink glowing boards with women's pictures. This must be a place for women to sleep. I am glad they made places like this for just women.

A man in a suit approached me as I was ready to enter.

"I don't think this is the right place for someone of your stature, miss," he said politely.

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, this is a motel for working ladies," The man in a black suit replied. He seems polite enough and looks young, but his eyes... It's as if he has seen things beyond his years. His rough palms and calloused knuckles tell me that he is no stranger to battle.

"Working ladies? You think only men can work? Don't be ridiculous!" I scoffed.

"No, no, that's not what I meant," He sighed. "This motel caters to women who offer services to men."

"Wha-What rubbish!?" I exclaimed as I took a quick peek inside through the glass door. There were two women, almost naked, latching on to a man near a weird machine. Another one, what the hell is this place? How can woman sell their dignity, pride, and honor so easily? I clenched my fists tightly.

"Miss, please don't cause a scene," The man in a black suit whispered. "These women choose to work here. They are consenting adults. Some are here due to their situations, while some just enjoy it."

"Consenting? These women are being taken advantage of," I glared at him.

"Outer world is different from Themsyscaria, miss," He shook his head. "Women here have rights and choices. Not everyone is forced to fight or serve. People here work for money. Sex included."

"That is preposterous! Wait! How do you know about Themsyscaria?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Why don't we talk somewhere more suitable for a Princess of Themyscaria?" The man smirked as a black car pulled up beside the road.

Let's go with this man. I don't sense any malice or bad intentions from him, besides, he is just a man. What can he ever do to me? As we sat inside the car, an old man in the driver's seat asked, "Where to, sir?"

"Home, Alfred. Let Dad know we are having a very important guest tonight," The man in a black suit replied.

"Certainly, sir," Alfred nodded as he drove us away from the motel.

"Who are you?" I asked curiously.

"Bruce Wayne," He extended his hand toward me, which I reluctantly shook. "Welcome to the outside world, Princess Diana."

Bruce Wayne led me to his mansion, which was massive and luxurious. Alfred escorted us to a spacious living room, where Bruce called some maids and arranged a place for me to clean myself after such a long journey. I need a nice bath and as for clothes, I have already bought a pair, so no worries there.

As I soaked in the bathtub, I couldn't help but feel relieved. Haaa... I wanted to ask him how he knew about Themsyscaria and most of all about my identity, but he was a weird man, hard to talk to. I felt he hid something deep within himself. But what? It's weird indeed. I have never felt so difficult to ask something from someone before.

Once I finished bathing and was about to put my clothes on, two maids were waiting for me with a new outfit.

"Master Bruce insisted on getting you a new set of clothes," One of them smiled as she laid the clothes on the bed.

They were beautiful and fit perfectly. I put them on and headed downstairs to meet Bruce. I have so many questions for him, and I hope he answers them honestly.

[A few hours earlier...]

Bruce was going through some data on his newly improved AI-integrated glasses when he received a notification from Jarvis. He quickly put the glass on the table and shifted his chair toward the screen.

"Who is it, Jarvis?" He asked impatiently.

"Sir, I have detected Diana Prince in Metropolis harbor," The AI answered as it put up the live footage on the screen. Bruce zoomed in and saw Wonder Woman stepping out of a ship.

"So, you are finally. here. Diana... No, Wonder Woman, my first recruit to my heroes league," He muttered to himself as he watched Diana walking through the streets of Metropolis.

Bruce took his laptop and left the office.

---

----['favourite' the chapter if you liked it.]----[Comments and reviews are always welcome]

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐+ [Spiderman- All Immunity early access- 17 chapters]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

Next Chapter: The Truth 

---

68