Ch: 68 [The truth]
1.2k 4 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[After dinner][3rd person pov] [Diana's room]

"Thank you for your hospitality," Diana thanked Bruce as she finished her meal. "Our meeting was fast and unexpected."

"And you have many questions for me, I guess?" Bruce sat on the nearby chair, "Ask away."

"How do you know about Themsyscaria?" She got straight to the point.

"Humm... You won't believe me even if I tell you. And if I did tell you the truth, the very concept of your existence might break your sanity," He warned.

"Try me," She challenged him.

"Very well..." He sighed. "But before that..." He looked toward the window, "Stop sneaking outside and come in."

"Wha-" Before Diana could notice the presence outside the window, Selina entered through it, landing gracefully on her feet.

"Why are you sneaking around?" He asked sternly.

"Because she is a stranger and I am guarding you?" Selina scratched her head with an awkward grin.

"Haaa," Bruce sighed. "Sit down. I was planning to tell you the truth anyway, a bit early won't hurt."

Selina sat beside Bruce, eyeing Diana with a glint of jealousy in her eyes. She was a beauty no doubt about that, but for some reason, she doesn't like her. Maybe it's her attitude? A little self-conscious perhaps? Her boobs were bigger than hers and she is a princess! Selina couldn't help but fear that he might fall for her if the time came.

'A rival in love huh, how fun this journey could get...' Selina thought, 'Let's not get ahead of ourselves.'

Diana observed her with curiosity. She had a different energy around her, wild, free-spirited, unlike her demeanor. And most of all, despite being a veteran warrior, she didn't even sense her presence while she snuck around. Even now, her aura is almost non-existence, making her invisible to others.

'She is strong. I couldn't even sense her. The outside world is indeed interesting,' Diana thought.

Bruce continued, "You want answers right? So, use your Lasso of Truth on me. That way we should be able to create proper trust and communication. But be warned, once you see the truth, your perspective and beliefs will change forever. If you can handle it, that is."

"Understood." She removed her lasso from her waist and wrapped it around his arm. Her lasso was made from Gaea's truth, a divine tool that can force anyone to tell the truth. None can lie while under its grasp.

'So, this is Divine energy!' Bruce thought sensing a weird flow of power crawling under his skin, trying to hold a grasp of his mind, 'Interesting. It stimulates the prefrontal cortex and forces someone to say what they feel or hypnosis maybe? Interesting indeed. It could really be a Divine power that mortals can't resist.'

"Go ahead, ask away. What is it that you want to know?" He challenged her with a smirk.

"Who are you and how are you connected to Themsyscaria, a realm that was completely isolated until now?"

"Let's start with, who am I?" Bruce began. "I am Bruce Wayne, and also a soul from another dimension. Ever heard of Multiverse?" He grinned as he could see the shock in her eyes. Selina, on the other hand, was a bit excited about learning the truth.

"Multiverse? My mother told me about it," Diana spoke softly remembering the ancient scrolls she read during her isolation. "There are infinite universes separated by one singular fabric of space-time."

"True," He smiled. "As for how I know of Themsyscaria and you, well, I read about you."

"In books?" She frowned, confused by what he said.

"Yes. In my previous Earth, the reality was completely different from this one," Bruce explained. "There's no Themyscira, Amazonians, Amazons, Atlantis, etc... But there were Gods, very different from the ones you know from history. But, I think that should be enough explanations about me. You should already ask the main question..."

'Alternate Earth?! Is this why he knows so much about so many things?' Selina thought in wonder.

'A world without Themyscira, Atlantis, and different Gods. Unbelievable. Anyone in her place would think he's lying, but with the Lasso of Truth wrapping his arms, there is no way he is,' Diana thought.

"Very well... What's your purpose for approaching me?" She asked directly.

"Because I have seen the end," He replied without missing a beat, his eyes staring deeply into hers as he saw her entire world crumbling from her expression.

"End?" She frowned, shaking her head, not wanting to believe what she heard, "Is he...?"

Diana remembered the time when her mother took her to a secret sealed place deep underground where she saw the Motherbox, humming softly. It was one of the three boxes of unparalleled power. Legend says that an invader from a distant world once wreaked havoc on Earth in ancient times. Back then, all the races fought together to repel him and at the end of the war, they separated the boxes into three parts. One for the humans, one for the Atlantians, and one for the Amazons.

According to her mother, if someday, somehow, the three boxes fuse together again, a power akin to a god's will awaken. It will open up a way for the invader to return and destroy everything in its wake. And he will take his revenge for his first defeat. His name is...

"Darkseid, yeah," Bruce completed her sentence. "He will be back. That's why, I am planning to create a team of superheroes who will defend Earth from threats like Darkseid. And believe me, there are things far worse than Darkseid. So, I need powerful people to help me in this mission."

Diana took off the Lasso from his arms and wrapped it back around her waist, "Very well. I shall aid you in your noble mission. To protect the earth, and maybe... Find out more about these threats myself. To find my place and a new life after... " She suddenly stopped, shaking her head slightly, "Forget it, it doesn't matter anymore. I will help you."

'A new goal...' She thought. 'To learn and defend Earth instead of focusing on the past. My new mission is to protect Earth from unknown threats. A chance to live for a good cause instead of wandering aimlessly. To feel the rush of blood in battle, it's what my life needs. I shall slay the invader that my ancestors failed to defeat. I will not let history repeat itself!'

"So, multiverse, huh?" Selina suddenly asked, breaking the silence, "I mean, you are from another Earth. Dang! That sounds crazy. Do you have a family there? Or you know..." She wanted to ask him if he had anyone special back on his Earth. "Forget it..." Although she loves Bruce, it wasn't her place to ask such a personal question. 'I am sure he will tell me when the time is right.' She had faith in him, always.

Pepper's face suddenly flashed in his mind, making him frown in thought, "Maybe later..." He stood up, "Rest well... I will see you tomorrow..." Without looking back, he left the room leaving a perplexed Selina and an understanding Diana.

"What happened to his mood suddenly? Is it because of his Earth?" Selina asked worriedly.

"It's complicated," Diana replied, her gaze following Bruce's disappearing shadow outside, "He probably had his reasons not to talk about it. Just give him some space."

"Yeah, it was my bad," She stood up, "Well, Princess, see you in the morning..." Without waiting for a reply, she left the room closing the door behind her.

[Meanwhile, in Wayne Enterprise's R&D sector. Plant research division.]

Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley was doing some research on plant mutation. Bruce hired her last year because he knew that in the future she was going to become Poison Ivy, a dangerous villain. So, he decided to approach her before she took the wrong path. And even if history repeats itself and she does turn into Poison Ivy, he should be able to stop her from taking the wrong path and recruit her instead.

Suddenly, her office door slammed open, making her almost jump out of her skin. "Ah! Don't you have manners?! Knocking first!"

Lisa, her assistant, came in holding a datapad, "It has started... The flower is about to bloom at any minute now..." She sounds restless and excited at the same time.

----

----['favourite' if you liked it.]----[Comments and reviews are always welcome]

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐+ [Spiderman- All Immunity early access- 17 chapters]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

Next Chapter: Poison


Spoiler
There has to be a trust if MC want Diana to stay loyal or else with the timeline events changing, he feared she might turn full bad like the Injustice version of her or the Flashpoint version. Which we will be seeing in the next volume when MC will try to travel back to Marvel.

[collapse]
66