Ch: 71 [Thorns]
1k 3 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pamela quickened her pace, her breath forming small clouds in the freezing air as she walked through the empty streets. Each stride echoed in the night's calm, heightening her fear. Shadows seemed to stretch behind her, an ominous presence that refused to be ignored as a fabrication of her imagination.

Her heart pounded against her ribcage, the insatiable chase of the unknown sending goosebumps down her spine. The frigid air appeared to hold its breath in expectancy, dense with an uncomfortable silence. Pamela's mind raced as she searched for plausible answers for the eerie figures that followed her.

The street lamps danced before her as the shadows morphed into three individuals in black, their footsteps barely audible in the icy air. They were dressed in masks and black uniforms, their hands gripping clubs and daggers. Her feet were pounding on the frozen cement, her thoughts spiraling out of control as she imagined the potential horrors that lurked behind.

Her instincts urged her to turn around, but fear seized her throat as she turned the corner.

Snowflakes began to fall gently, each one settling like feathers onto the ground. They fell faster and thicker, clumping together, coating her path and obscuring the darkness behind her. She was still aware of the shadows behind her, but they seemed more distant now, the falling snow obscuring their movement. She gasped for air and tried to calm her beating heart.

Suddenly, a shrill whistle cut through the air, turning her blood to ice. She saw two more shadows join the hunt, their intentions unclear as they moved with a single purpose.

'It's a planned attack. Don't tell me they are after the plant?' She wondered, the implications shaking her to her core.

She was breathing hard, her lungs burning from the chill. She had run through the park, leaping over the icy lake, hoping she could shake them off. The frigid tendrils of the night seemed to coil around her, whispering terrifying tales of doom. Her thoughts raced as she considered her alternatives in this empty area of the city. But, she didn't even notice that she was running in the wrong direction.

Her eyes widened as she realized her error. She had ventured too far north, toward the abandoned warehouses instead of the safety of the downtown area. She was already in deep trouble, and there was no time to panic. Her eyes darted around, searching for any form of a hiding place or an opportunity to escape. The shadows were following her every step, their silence unbearably loud as she saw a flicker of fire in the snowy darkness.

"How long are you going to hide, Doc?" A low voice taunted, sending shivers down her spine. She squinted her eyes as she caught a glimpse of a familiar outline behind the flames. But it was useless.

She noticed a small hole in the nearby wall. Without a second thought, Pamela dove for the opening, squeezing her petite frame through. As she settled into her temporary refuge, she noticed a tiny window, which she managed to open. Her mind whirled as she peeked out at the shadowy silhouettes gathering around the flames.

'Homeless?! No there shouldn't be any homeless people in Gotham after the new law,' her thoughts raced as she began to unravel the plot that had been woven around her. She peeked out. The shadowy figures are nowhere to be seen. She waited a bit without making a sound before slowly peeking her head out to see if the coast was clear.

The snow had slowed, revealing the silent alleyway she was so desperate to escape. The streetlights' yellow glow seemed to dim, a sure sign that she was in the midst of an eerie dream that felt all too real. She sighed in relief as she realized that the shadows had vanished without a trace. Her mind reeled as she frantically searched for any clues.

She surveyed the abandoned buildings nearby. It's not a coincidence that she ended up in this industrial area. Whatever it is, the main thing right now is to get to safety. There's supposed to be a police outpost not far from her location. Hopefully, there should be some officers stationed there.

Pamela raced to the nearest police outpost, ignoring the way her heart thudded painfully against her ribs as she drew nearer. She arrived at the doors of the station in shock. The entrance was boarded shut, with a handwritten sign that read, 'CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.'

Her hands trembled as she stumbled, a million scenarios flashing through her head.

"You run quite fast, Doc... Phew. How hard it was to catch you," said a low, sinister voice behind her. She whirled around and stared directly at a dark-hooded figure standing a few yards away. Her stomach clenched as the shadowed man chuckled, stepping closer and closer. "Don't you worry... All you have to do is hand over that plant to us... And in return..."

He took out a syringe and jammed it into her neck without warning, pressing the plunger before pulling it out. Pamela gasped, struggling to free herself from his grip. Her head swam with pain as she sank to her knees.

The world began to blur around her as a soft blanket of fog crept around her mind. 'Poison!'

"Bring that plant to us within 24 hours if you want the antidote," He took out a card and pushed it into her pocket.

"You gonna just leave her like that after all this chasing?" Another thug questioned, frowning. "Why don't we have some fun with her before reporting back? I am sure she won't resist..." He licked his lips under the mask, almost drooling like a rabid dog.

"Drag her in the station... 2 hours. But make sure she lives or else our heads will roll," said the masked leader.

"Hehehe... You are the best, boss. Don't worry. We love our heads on our shoulders and we wouldn't dare to hurt this beautiful flower. Right boys?!" He asked, smirking.

The five men dragged her inside the closed police outpost, dragging her into an old office. The smell of bleach and stale air made her stomach twist, and the throbbing headache threatened to swallow her consciousness.

The masked leader nodded, "I will be outside, just in case. Hurry..."

"You not gonna join in?"

"Nah! I have four girls waiting for me at the bar. I promised them an all-nighter... I have to save my stamina..."

"Hahaha... You are just savage, boss."

The four men began to remove their clothes, as their boss walked out while puffing on a cig. Their naked flesh gleamed under the flickering fluorescent lights. "My... my... the things we would do with her in a minute," he snickered, "Don't resist, darling, or we may lose our tempers and that's not what the boss wants... Huh?!"

Before they could react, wild thorny vines erupted from underground, piercing through their bodies like javelins, ignoring any critical damage. They couldn't even scream. It was as if their bodies were paralyzed.

Pamela sat up. Her iris glowing with a dark green hue, a smile creeping up to her lips, "Mumm~ Horny, are we?" She stood up, stretching her body while humming a familiar tune, "So eager to penetrate, are we now? How does it feel to be penetrated by someone else?" She flicked her fingers, summoning two sharp tendrils, that entered through the rear of the two thugs and came out of their mouths, ripping through their internal organs.

The remaining two wanted to run away. But their body didn't move. They watched as their friends' dead bodies hung on the thorny vines, bleeding from both ends, unable to move or beg for mercy.

"You want to beg?" Pamela teased, walking closer, "But you cannot, right? No matter... Don't worry. I will take care of you properly... Yes?"

She wrapped her hands with the thorny vines. A seductive smile curled her lips, as she licked her lips. She manipulated the vines wrapped around the third thug and brought him closer.

"Oh, how I want to rip apart your clothes... Hehehehe! But sadly..." She dug her fingers into his chest. The thorns plunged into his body has started to spread under his skin, extending, and rupturing his upper layer of skin, "I have to be satisfied with your skin." She ripped apart his rib cage, spreading it like an opened book, exposing his chest cavity and the upper layer of his skin fell on the floor, leaving his bloody dead body dangling on the thorny vines.

"Mumm~ So weak..." She walked toward the fourth thug, "What about you? Wanna kiss before you go, baby?"

He could only watch in horror as a huge venus fly trap erupted from the floor and consumed his entire head, gulping it whole. "Such a feisty guy... Too bad you only lasted for a few moments. But that's alright. Hehehe..."

After finishing off her prey, Pamela pulled the card from her pocket and read the address. Then she turned her attention toward the boss who was supposed to be outside. But by the time she walked out, he was gone.

"Ah! Running are we? Well, run... Eventually, the plants will get you... No need to worry." She smiled.

[Next Morning]

"Hufff!" Pamela jumped up from her bed, sweating buckets. She looked around. It was her bedroom. She turned toward the bedside desk. An empty cup of cup noodles. She quickly checked her body, but there was no mark, no bleeding. Just an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She placed her hands on her face and sighed.

'It was just a dream?' She sighed in relief, 'Damn it was one hell of a nightmare.'

---

['favourite' the chapter if you liked it.]

----

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 16 chapters ahead⭐+ [Spiderman- 0X early access- 21 chapters]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

 Next Chapter: Moving Events

66