Ch: 72 [Moving Events]
1k 2 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Wayne Manor] [Training Hall] [Morning]

Bruce continued to punch the sandbags in the training hall, each swing delivered with frightening precision. Alfred stood nearby, watching the intense workout. "Sir, I don't know how you haven't tired yourself out with the same routine," He said.

He pulled his arm back and paused. "Well, if I ever run out of ideas, maybe I should consider writing a novel or something." He laughed. Alfred arched his eyebrow but decided not to say anything.

"And besides, I am nowhere near her level yet," He resumed his workout and pounded on the bag.

"Miss Elana?" The butler asked. He noticed that she had been occupying the attention of Bruce lately, both in and out of training.

He nodded as he continued hitting the bag. "Yeah. She's one of the best fighters I've ever met. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to force her to be serious during our training. I taunted her, made a fool out of her, even pranked her last week... Yet, she always kept her cool."

"You sound smitten," Alfred pointed out. Bruce stopped punching and gave him a confused look.

"Smitten? Alfred, I'm talking about sparring. She's a worthy opponent, and I want to learn everything I can from her," He explained. Alfred smirked, knowing that Bruce wasn't being entirely truthful.

"Master Bruce, I may be old, but I have seen this before. You like Miss Elana beyond training. Perhaps you're afraid to admit it to yourself. Is it perhaps related to her age?" The butler inquired. Bruce shook his head.

"Elana is mature for her age. She's an adult, Alfred. Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone older than me," He argued.

Alfred smiled and walked up to pat him on the back, "Whatever you say, sir. Just remember, pursuing her won't be easy. She had a rather dark past, and her trust doesn't come easily," He warned him. Bruce frowned at the thought of Elana's past but nodded in understanding.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching.

Diana entered the room, looking curiously. She was exploring the mansion. Bruce wiped his forehead and greeted her. "Good morning, Diana."

"Good morning, Bruce... Alfred. It would seem you are in the middle of your training. I am extremely sorry for disturbing your routine," She apologized.

Bruce waved his hand dismissively, "It's no trouble. We were just taking a break anyway. Would you care to join us?" He offered. She nodded and stepped forward. "So, you slept well, I guess?" He asked.

She nodded, "Yes, thank you for allowing me to stay here. Your mansion is quite impressive." Her eyes went toward the blue energy drink bottle sitting on the table nearby. "What is this?" She asked.

He glanced at it and replied, "Oh, that's an energy drink. It helps keep me energized during my workouts," He explained.

She picked it up and sniffed it. "Hmm, it smells sweet." She looked at Bruce, "May I try it?"

"Go ahead. There's plenty more," He gestured to the fridge. She opened the cap and took a sip. Her face scrunched up slightly.

"It's berry juice!" She gasped, smacking her lips at the flavor.

"I will be taking my leave, since there are works to be done. Please call me if you need anything," Alfred gave a slide nod to them and walked off, leaving them to discuss things privately.

"I want another bottle," She stood up and demanded with her usual prideful tone.

"There's the fridge, knock yourself out. But, I heard today's breakfast is pancakes. You might want to stop by the dining room once you're done chugging drinks," Bruce teased her.

Her eyes lit up, and she gasped, "Yes, pancakes! It's been a while since I have had any." She opened the fridge, grabbed exactly one bottle of berry-flavored energy drink, and turned toward him, "Lead the way."

They walked toward the dining room, where Selina was waiting for them. "Good morning, everyone. Training again?" She asked, eyeing the delicious stack of pancakes on the table.

"Yeah, gotta keep up the body," Bruce flexed his biceps playfully.

"You have an amazing body," Diana blurted out before taking a sip from her energy drink. Bruce and Selina stared at her. "Strong, well-toned muscles... You must have spent a lot in your training without cutting any corners. You would have fit perfectly among us had you been a woman." She nodded in approval.

"Uh, thanks," Bruce awkwardly smiled, flattered by her compliment.

Selina's face contorted, not liking where this was going. She felt a weird sensation in her heart after hearing another woman complimenting his man's body. 'Am I jealous?' She wondered, 'I have never felt this feeling before. Why now?'

The maids served the breakfast.

"Isn't Mom and Maggie gonna join us?" Bruce asked one of the maids.

"Miss Maggie and Madam went to a charity event early today, so they won't be back till evening," She answered.

"Oh, okay. Thanks." He looked back at the others, "Alright, dig in."

Selina reached for the maple syrup and poured some on her stack of pancakes. She then cut a piece and stuffed it into her mouth, chewing slowly.

"Oh, this is delicious. The batter is so soft and fluffy, it just melts in your mouth," Diana complimented the chef.

"Agreed. The chef truly has an impeccable talent for making delicious food," Selina added, her eyes closed. She hummed softly in pleasure, enjoying the taste.

Bruce took the remote and turned on the TV, switching on to the news channel as usual.

The TV screen flickered to life, displaying the news anchor in a serious tone, "Breaking news coming in. A grisly discovery was uncovered near a police outpost that was being renovated in the industrial neighborhood. Four bodies have been discovered at the scene."

The video showed a hectic scenario, with police officers encircling the outpost and attempting to clear the area. The site was overgrown with vines and thorns, making retrieving the dead difficult. The images of the dead bodies were blurred out.

"The bodies were found within an unusual mass of vegetation, with plants and thorns scattered throughout the station," the news anchor said hastily. "Authorities are investigating this bizarre occurrence and have blocked off the area."

'Plants?! Don't tell me. Pamela!' Bruce narrowed his eyes. He has no doubt in his mind when he saw the scene. It was Poison Ivy.

"The discovery of four dead bodies is raising some alarming questions. Who are these victims? Who is the killer? Is darkness slowly creeping in Gotham once again? Police are not releasing any details yet. We'll update you with further information when we get it. For now, this is Lois Lane, reporting live," The female reporter said.

'And what the hell is Lois Lane doing in Gotham?! She is supposed to be in Metropolis. Fuck! Things are changing... No things have changed too much. First, Deadshot, then Ivy... I can't rely on my knowledge of the DC world events anymore. Need to improvise a bit,' Bruce thought.

"A criminal?" Diana stood up, "We are going to find this criminal and punish him."

"Him?" Bruce smirked, "What if the criminal is a woman?"

Diana paused and nodded, "Same goes for her then. We are going to find the killer and bring justice," She declared.

Selina raised her eyebrow, "Justice? Do you even know if those dead people are good or bad? First, we need to investigate each and every detail, then we'll go after the killer."

"Well, finish up. We are going to the Batcave," He declared.

"The Batcave?" Diana blinked. "You live in a cave filled with bats? Why? You have a big mansion. Why do you live in a cave?"

"It's not an actual cave, silly," Selina laughed, "It's a secret place, like a hideout. You will see."

After finishing their breakfast, they were about to go inside the Batcave, but Bruce's phone rang. It's from Dr. Pamela Isley. He furrowed his eyebrows and answered the phone.

"Sir. Can you meet me in my apartment? Something really weird is going on with me... I... I don't know who to call or... what to do..." Her voice trembled.

"Take a deep breath, Pamela. What's happening? Are you hurt?" He asked.

"No, no... It's... I think it's better if you just see for yourself. Please," She pleaded.

"Okay, alright. I'll be right there," He assured her before hanging up the phone. He turned toward the girls. "Listen, something came up. I have to go. Selina, you, and Diana go to the cave and find out about those victim's identity. Let me know if you have any breakthroughs."

"Will do," Selina nodded.

"Wait, where are you going?" Diana asked.

"It's a personal matter. I'll catch up with you guys later," He turned around and ran off.

"I hope he is alright," Diana muttered. "He sounds troubled after that call."

"Oh, don't worry. He will be alright. Must be another call from the R&D department about that glitched VR tech," She waved her hand dismissively. "Now, come on. Let's go."


----['favorite' the chapter if you liked it. Thank you.]---

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 16 chapters ahead⭐

[Spiderman- 0X early access- 21 chapters] [Release date: 1st Feb.]

+

[Big Brother in Marvel]- [New. Takes place in Knowhere. Cyborgs, aliens, girls from Guardians, and obviously, the girls from the BB. Other than Character names, a complete AU. It's a fan request. A 20 chs trial read has been planned before I make any further announcements. So, don't ask the release date since I have just started today.]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

 Next Chapter: A NEW THREAT

63