Thirty-eighth Encounter
4.7k 10 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thirty-eighth Encounter

“Ho! Evil Monster! Your days end here! Gregarious Greg shall slay you!” (Greg)

“Greg, we don’t have to slay this one. Remember? This is the tenth floor.” (man 2)

“Oh. You got any beer?” (Greg)

“No, sorry. All I can offer is my own milk.” (me)

“Damn! I keep saying someone needs to start a bar in this dungeon! Maybe we should set one up outside of this boss room!” (Greg)

“It takes about nine days to get here, even without extra luggage, and merchants aren’t gonna travel here. Horses will get spooked by the monsters, it’d probably take two weeks to get here with luggage, and we’d not even be able to carry enough alcohol to last that long if we sold it. How can we possibly keep such a place stocked?” (man 2)

“A teleportation circle.” (man 3)

“How in the light could we possibly hope to get one of those?!” (man 2)

“Isn’t there a princess claiming this place is home of the new Demon Lord? Maybe they can setup a teleportation circle in front of the boss room? I mean, if they want to have diplomatic communication, it’d help to have a proper means of sending messages. They can’t expect all communication to be done by adventurers.” (Greg)

“It would be nice to get more information about the outside world.” (me)

“I’ve got it! We need to break down the door!” (man 2)

“We aren’t strong enough for that.” (Greg)

“No, but the princess should be able to round up enough people! If she really wants to make a kingdom here, she needs to setup not just a teleportation circle, but a proper way to get in and out of the room! Normally when a boss door is broken down, the boss will just keep respawning on death, making it very dangerous. They stay dead long enough for a small army to pass, but keeping the door busted is nearly impossible without having very powerful people keep guard.” (man 2)

“Oh! This lady doesn’t want to fight, so the danger of a rampaging boss that won’t stay dead isn’t an issue!” (Greg)

“That’s right!” (man 2)

“This still isn’t something we can do ourselves.” (man 3)

“Oh, right.” (man 2)

“Um, good luck?” (me)

“Yeah, yeah.” (man 2)

“Bath time.” (man 3)

“Oh, right! They said the baths in here are great! Let's enjoy the baths and then go back to town!” (Greg)

“Have fun!” (me)

… that was odd. Did I even really need to get up for this? Maybe I should just go back to sleep.

“Ho! I splash at thee!” (Greg)

“Gah! That’s it! Water fight!” (man 2)

*woosh!*

“Hey! Using magic is cheating!” (man 2)

“Sorry.” (man 3)

… heh, guess they still know how to fool around and play, despite growing up. That’s a nice thing to go to sleep thinking about: People having fun.

120