Thirty-seventh Encounter
4.6k 8 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thirty-seventh Encounter

Today I saw something I really did not expect to see.

“So, you’re the one people call the new Demon Lord.” (demon 1)

Three demons. How can I tell? Well the large horns, red skin, and lack of proper adventuring equipment sorta gave it away. Not to mention the red spaded tails. It’s like someone was trying to make it really, really obvious. I could also instantly tell (though I’m not sure how) that they were much weaker than me.

“She does seem strong enough.” (demon 2) 

“The previous lord was much stronger, and also a proper demon.” (demon 1)

“That was at the peak of their power. They didn’t start out that strong.” (demon 2)

“She just looks like a powerful monster to me. She’s no demon. She doesn’t even have horns! People would laugh if we tried to put her portrait in the hall!” (demon 3)

“Are you debating whether or not I should be considered a Demon Lord?” (me)

“Yeah, we’re scouts sent out after hearing humans talking about a new lord.” (demon 1)

“We got no oracle, there’s no way it’s true. The humans are just panicking over nothing. She’s no demon.” (demon 3)

“Maybe she’s a monster lord.” (demon 2)

“What? Demons command monsters! Not the other way around! A monster Lord is unheard of!” (demon 1)

“Are you going to try and command her?” (demon 2)

“Er, uh, no. I’m not suicidal.” (demon 1)

“Would you openly defy a direct command from her?” (demon 2)

“...no.” (demon 1)

“I think she qualifies as a demon lord.” (demon 2)

“I might acknowledge her as a monster lord, but not a demon lord. She’s clearly no demon. I think I’ve seen enough.” (demon 3)

“Y-yeah. Um, May we leave, madam?” (demon 1)

“Alright, go.” (me)

After they vanished:

“Um, is there a demon kingdom of some sort?” (me)

“I’m not sure it counts as a kingdom, but there are areas known to be where Demons live. Most people avoid those areas.” (Sam)

“Huh, I hope this doesn’t turn into an annoying mess.” (me)

115