Forty-seventh Encounter
3.9k 11 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forty-seventh Encounter

“I am the unholy priest of darkness! Reveal yourself, minion!” (unholy priest)

What? Four people, and I actually can’t tell if they are boys or girls. Kinda makes me feel like one of those NPCs at the start of a game asking if the player is a boy or girl. 

“What the fuck are you talking about?” (me)

“I’ve been hearing things about you. I see now it’s true. You have a human living with you and you aren’t making him pay his due! I shall forcibly reveal your true dark nature, and allow this realm to be properly ruled by Darkness!” (unholy priest)

Everything suddenly became dark for a moment, and then it ended and I could see again.

“Mwahaha! I am the true evil within your heart! I shall… uh… why am I only five inches tall?” (evil me?)

She totally looked like a doll sized version of me, only with a goth color scheme. Mostly black and white and grey.

“What? How can this be?! How can the chosen of the Dark God contain so little darkness?” (unholy priest)

The faces of all five of them paled.

“Please don’t hurt me! I’ll be good! … gah! No! I’m fading! I’m not being evil enough! Noooo! How can this world be so cruel! Giving me just a few moments of existence!” (evil me)

She faded into a puff of black smoke and vanished into the air. 

“Was that supposed to be an evil spell?” (me)

“Um, yes. It’s one of the most powerful spells of the Dark God. Used for manifesting the evil in one’s heart, and empowering it to take over and replace a person. It’s been said that any being of darkness hit by it will become a bloodthirsty monster. I don’t understand, why did it not work on you?” (unholy priest)

“Were you trying to make me into a killer.” (me)

“Uh… er… maybe you’d just become a rapist? That’s what all the other monsters in this dungeon are.” (unholy priest)

“And if I let you go, you’d just start doing other evil acts.” (me)

“Flee! Abort mission!” (unholy priest)

They pulled out talismans and vanished! Gah! That stupid escape talisman again!

“Why does this world have such evil people in it?” (me)

“I don’t know. Who could possibly know the thinking of a god?” (Sam)

“... maybe an author.” (me)

“An author?” (Sam)

“Well, if someone writes a story, they can create their own world, and they become a god of that world in a way.” (me)

“Somehow, I don’t think that’s the same thing.” (Sam)

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” (me)

***Author Note***

Got into a TV tropes wiki binge and got a silly idea from the page on Enemy Without. I suppose this means there’s now a cult worshipping the dark god, that has no actual understanding of the dark god, and probably doesn’t even get their powers from the dark god. Hmmm… actually, I wouldn’t put it past the dark god to give them powers and oracles just to mess around with them.

100