Sixty-seventh Encounter
2.5k 4 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sixty-seventh Encounter

“So, uh, how do you feel about all the kids you have running around?” (Sam)

“Honestly, I don’t really think of them as my kids. Emmara’s child is our child, but these monster-girls created by the dungeon are entirely the dungeon master’s responsibility. I don’t have any real involvement in creating them.” (me)

“They apparently think of you as their mother though.” (Sam)

“I don’t mind if they want to call me mom, but it really isn’t that sort of relationship. If anything, I’d be more like a grandmother. Related, but not involved in their creation.” (me)

“I don’t think I’ve met my grandmas.” (Sam)

“Well, most of the ladies created by the dungeon haven’t met me either.” (me)

*creak*

“Finally! We made it!” (woman 1)

“There’s-” *huff* *wheeze* “a bath here, right?” (woman 2)

“Over that way, through the doorway.” (me)

I pointed to where the bathroom was. The two women headed off for it immediately, leaving behind a third I’d failed to notice. They were lying on the ground. Did they collapse as soon as they got in?

“Um, is she alright?” (me)

“I’ll check.” (Sam)

He went over, and touched her in a few places and looked carefully.

“She’s not dead. She’s breathing. Has a pulse. I got no idea. Maybe we can just wait and hope she wakes up?” (Sam)

“Are you two just leaving your companion behind?” (me) 

I tried to make myself loud enough to be heard in the bath.

“What companion? The two of us are all that’s left of our group!” (woman 1)

I think I succeeded, though I suppose that’s not a hard thing to succeed at.

“Do we leave her on the floor?” (me)

“I suppose she’s in the way of the door. I’ll bring her over to the bed.” (Sam)

“If she’s injured, it might not be good to move her.” (me)

“I’m not seeing any injuries. Whatever problem she has, I don’t think it’s an injury.” (Sam)

“Maybe poison?” (me)

“... there is a lot of lust poison in the dungeon. Though I’ve not heard of someone passing out from it, I don’t think anyone’s really had a severe dose in safe circumstances where such a thing could be noticed and reported.” (Sam)

“They’d lose the battle long before they passed out.” (me)

“Right.” (Sam)

After a while the ladies came out of the bath.

“So, where’s this person you thought was our companion?” (woman 1)

“Oh, hey, is this Jude?” (woman 2)

“Yeah, that’s Jude. She’s never alone though. She should be with her sister.” (woman 1)

“She’s passed out from too much lust poison. I guess she refused to give in, but wasn’t able to make it.” (woman 2)

“Why is she here though? How could a passed out person get here?” (woman 1)

“Perhaps you two could investigate when you go back?” (me)

“Yeah, we should take her back to town. She’ll never wake up if she stays here. Even though the level is low in this room, there’s still some lust poison in the air. This whole dungeon is filled with it.” (woman 1)

“Wait, does that mean the air in here is dangerous?” (me)

“Not really. It’s only a problem for curing lust poison. The level in this room is only enough to prevent natural recovery. Our priest gave in to lust before we got here, so it’s been a bit of a struggle.” (woman 1)

“You’re really worried about your lover, aren’t you?” (woman 2)

“Yeah.” (me)

“The way your wrapping him up makes it kinda obvious.” (woman 1)

“Eh?” (me)

Only after they pointed it out, did I notice I was doing that. 

“I told you that your tentacles give you away. They act on your feelings. It’s nice to know I’m wanted so much.” (Sam)

I was originally thinking of letting him go but after hearing that… 

“Does that mean I should continue?” (me)

“Well, I was keeping quiet about it because I liked it, and didn’t want you to stop.” (Sam)

“Alright, why don’t you send us and Jude back to the entrance, and you two love-birds can have the room to yourselves again.” (woman 1)

“Yeah, alright.” (me)

I willed them gone, and then pounced on Sam.

“I really don’t want to hurt you or lose you, Sam.” (me)

“I know.” (Sam)

I held him tight as I snuggled my way closer to him. I wanted to be as close as I could be in his warm embrace. Just thinking about how much I love him and trying not to think about my fears. Irrational fears. They are irrational, right? He won’t go away!

“Calm down, Lily. It’s alright. I swore an oath to the god of light, remember? I’ll always be with you.” (Sam)

Yeah, it’s irrational. I know the gods exist and do wield their power in the world. Sam will always be with me. I fell asleep with a smile. A warm happy smile. I don’t know why love feels so good, but I’m glad to finally experience it here. It wasn’t an experience I’d had before I came to this world.

***Author Note***

Sam, rolling a 5 on your medical check really isn’t good. You’re supposed to be better at this than that. 

The other two rolled a 9, which was good enough. They are even more experienced with this than Sam is. 

My imagination thought it’d be funny if there was someone lying on the ground after the first two left. My dice decided it was a random human unrelated to the first two. Apparently the dungeon denizens have gotten a lot nicer about the whole consent thing if they are not taking advantage of an unconscious lady (had they taken advantage of her, she’d end up at the entrance like defeated people normally do).

73