Sixty-ninth Encounter
2.5k 17 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sixty-ninth Encounter

I woke up to a familiar smell that I didn’t think I’d ever smell again. Pancakes, eggs, bacon. The room was different. There was a kitchen, a dining table, a daughter of mine who looked just like me.

“Good morning mom. I hope you like the re-design I did for your room.” (tentacle girl)

It did look a lot nicer. Still stone, but it looked polished. More like white stone used on purpose to make a pretty house with decorative carvings on it. Not like the ugly brown rough stone it was before. Plus, rugs, a kitchen, a window even! By the door!

“This is really good. You used to eat this a lot? That must’ve been great!” (Sam)

“Actually, it wasn’t that common a breakfast. Mostly just during holidays or on birthdays. What’s going on?” (me)

“Emmara and I had a VERY long talk with the dungeon master. Her apology note is over there.” (tentacle girl)

I saw a stone slab with “I’m Sorry” carved into it. Signed: “-DM”.

“The dungeon has undergone some very extensive remodelling, and it should now be possible for you to leave.” (tentacle girl)

“Do you have a name?” (me)

“Not yet. Did you want to name me?” (tentacle girl)

“Well, I was just thinking that I owe you a lot and I am very grateful. It’s awkward if you don’t have a name for me to call you by. If you don’t want me to name you though, I understand.” (me)

“No, not at all! I’d love for you to give me a name! If I don’t like it, I’ll just change it. Or use a different one.” (tentacle girl)

“How about… Valia?” (me)

“Hmmm… I like it. Thank you, mother. Though, really you should thank Emmara next time you see her. She got really angry as she learned more and more about the situation here with the dungeon and you. She didn’t just scold the dungeon master, she gave the dark god a scolding too! I really was in Awe of her, witnessing that. You’re very lucky to have found such a woman.” (Valia)

“Yeah… yeah, I really am. Is she not coming to see me?” (me)

“She says she’s too busy right now, and to go enjoy your new freedom. You aren’t bound here anymore. You are still a spirit, and also a monster, which does carry some restrictions, but the benefit is that you’ll revive if slain right back home. I’ll take care of the place while you’re gone.” (Valia)

“What about Sam? Is he protected too?” (me)

“Yes, the blessing he got will ensure he revives too, though he gets to choose between reviving where you are, or reviving here.” (Valia)

“That’s a pretty amazing blessing. I used to think I had a terrible one before I met you Lily. Now I’m really glad it’s the one I got.” (Sam)

“It certainly makes my life better. Though I wish Emmara could come with us.” (me)

“Me too.” (Sam)

“Will you be coming along?” (me)

“No, I’m planning to stay here. I’ll take care of this place while you’re gone, keep an eye on the Dungeon Master, and spend some time figuring out what I really want to do with my own life. I’m not you, mom, and I’ve not lived very long yet, so I need some time to understand myself. At this point, I know more about you than about me.” (Valia)

“I hope you find what you seek. Thank you for everything, Valia.” (me)

She seemed to blush at that. Is it because I called her name for the first time?

“You really should hurry up and enjoy breakfast, then get going. Some packs are already set by the door. It should help you get started on your journey.” (Valia)

“Where do you want to go, Sam?” (me)

“Well, first I’d like to go home. We’ll need to visit the nearby town of course, but then I’d like to head home. I’ve not been there in a while. Maybe you could meet my dad. You’ve met my mom already.” (Sam)

“Alright, sounds good. I don’t really have a destination in mind myself. I just know that there’s a lot I haven’t seen.” (me)

“Oh, right, do we need to worry about food and toilets outside? We’ve been pretty spoiled in here.” (Sam)

“Lily won’t, unless she’s in territory blessed by the light god.” (Valia)

“That’s most towns. What happens in those areas?” (Sam)

“Well… you’ll need to make sure you eat plenty, Sam. She doesn’t feed on normal food.” (Valia)

“Wait… do I feed on sex?!” (me)

“Shouldn’t be a problem. You’ve got Sam with you. Just fuck three times a day.” (Valia)

“... The dark god based my design on a hentai game. Is that right?” (me)

“I didn’t ask, but it sure seems like it. Your children are different since we are not pure descendants. Unless you choose to egg yourself again. Then they’d also be sex beasts like you are. Dependant upon sex for sustanence when not in a place like this dungeon.” (Valia)

*sigh* “I am not egging myself again.” (me)

“Good. That should make things simpler. Myself and my sisters from the dungeon feed on mana, and now that we’ve negotiated our freedom with the dark god and the dungeon master, we just need magic stones to sustain ourselves outside the dungeon. Since those are fairly common items, it should not be too hard to pay for our living expenses. Children you have with humans or elves or dwarves, will be able to eat the same kind of food they do.” (Valia)

“Well, that solves the food concern, but, um…” (Sam)

“Monsters and spirits don’t shit or pee. They are waste free.” (Valia)

“That’s awfully convenient. I was worried my lack of asshole meant I had to deal with waste the way an anemone or starfish does.” (me)

“Ew. I’m glad we don’t have to spit it up. Does not seem like a pleasant way of doing things, having only one hole and needing to deal with waste.” (Valia)

I ate a delicious breakfast … 

“Eating human food won’t cause me problems, will it?” (me)

“No. Though… I’m not actually sure what monsters do with food they eat.” (Valia)

After breakfast, Sam and I got ready to head out. Onward to a new adventure!

“You’re hesitating.” (Sam)

“Well, I’ve never left before! It makes me nervous!” (me)

“We can see the open air and grassy field outside through the doorway.” (Sam)

“And the crowds of people watching!” (me)

… okay, so maybe it takes a while for me to get myself mentally ready.

“I think the crowds are finally gone.” (Sam)

“Well, it has been three days. A few are still waiting to see you come out.” (Valia)

“Can we… wait for nightfall?” (me)

And so we left in the dead of night. 

“Ow!” (Sam)

“Sam, it’s dark, and hard to see. Let me carry you. I don’t have to worry about my footing since I hover.” (me)

“I don’t want to spend my adventure time being carried. This might not be my first adventure, but it is still important to me. I want to do it right!” (Sam)

“Fine.” (me)

And thus began a new story.

***Author Note***

Wtf? I wanted to get to one hundred chapters! What is my imagination doing?! I’m sorry, the story just kinda reached its end. What happens next is a new story. *sigh* I hope I can write it. Stopping here is no good even if it is the end to the main plot of being a boss in a dungeon.

I think the next story is gonna be about the state of the world, and how much Emmara is changing it. Told through Lily’s viewpoint. Maybe. I’ll have to actually write some to know what it will be exactly.

P.S. This is all Emmara’s fault. She fucked up the plot something fierce. So, in a world with three summoned otherworlders (all of which have cheats of some sort), the one person with the largest impact on the world, is a local. Lily may be the trigger, and Ichigo may be the one who brought Emmara to Lily, but Emmara is the one who took control over the plot and steered it in a direction it wasn’t supposed to go.

75