Seventh Encounter
8.7k 21 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seventh Encounter

This waking up alone thing is really starting to bug me. Not the lack of company in bed, I’m used to being the only person in my bed. It’s the being totally alone in general bit. There’s no one else in my “house” here. No one to talk to. Not even an internet chat friend. 

*creak*

“Oh? This boss looks promising.” (man 1)

“Yeah. Go on, show your stuff! We’ll help out if you need it.” (man 2)

“Alright. I’ll prove I’ve got what it takes to join the hero.” (woman)

Feels like parties of three are the norm now. Though fighting me by herself seems like an odd thing. Sure, she’s clearly better with her sword and buckler than the previous guy was with his two swords, but without anyone else offering support, it’s just too easy for me to focus my power where it’s needed to defend myself, and even get in hits now and then. 

“Hey, why isn’t the boss hitting her with any poisons?” (man 1)

“Dunno. This boss is weird. It’s fighting like a boss from a normal dungeon.” (man 2)

“Damnit, I can’t keep this up!” (woman)

“You could just stop fighting. I’m not gonna rape you.” (me)

She backs off, and I let her, leaving her alone.

“You aren’t trying to fuck?” (woman)

“Well, I’d prefer someone who wants me to fuck them. I don’t like forcing it.” (me)

“Uh, Henry, our plan has totally fallen apart.” (man 2)

“Quiet!” (Henry)

“What were you talking about earlier? Proving you are good enough for the hero?” (me)

“Yeah! Henry said if I could pass their test in here, they could introduce me!” (woman)

“Uh, they’re probably lying.” (me)

“Oh shut up, monster!” (Henry)

“Yeah! We know ‘em well, we do!” (man 2)

“Then, surely you know his name, right?” (me)

“Of course! He’s the great hero Ichigo!” (Henry)

That sounds very Japanese.

“Did he ever talk about his hometown or country?” (me)

“What? He’s a local of course!” (Henry)

“Yeah! That’s how we know him!” (man 2)

“Yeah, these guys are full of shit. There’s no way Ichigo is a local name.” (me)

“What? … but, why would they trick me?” (woman)

“Did they make you fight everything by yourself?” (me)

“Yeah, why?” (woman)

“This is apparently a rape dungeon. Maybe they wanted to see you get raped when you eventually lose.” (me)

“Baseless speculation! Don’t trust this monster! All monsters are evil!” (man 2)

“It’s just trying to confuse you! Don’t listen!” (Henry)

“Are you two even strong enough to save her if she’s in trouble?” (me)

“Of-of course!” (man 2)

“Then why don’t you fight me?” (me) I slowly approached them. “Two on one shouldn’t be too bad, right?” Somehow, I had the feeling from their behavior, that the two of them combined should still be weaker than that woman alone was.

“Uh… shit!” (Henry) They both pulled out some kind of paper and ripped it, vanishing.

“Eh? I thought escaping from boss rooms wasn’t possible?” (me)

“There are talismans developed by Yuki a long time ago. They are expensive, but can allow an escape even from boss rooms.” (woman)

“Was Yuki a hero too?” (me)

“Yes.” (woman)

“I thought so. I guess the heroes are all summoned Japanese for some reason.” (me)

“How do you know that?” (woman)

“From the name. It sounds very Japanese. Quite different from the names I’ve heard so far from locals.” (me)

“Right, it is a pretty unusual name. I really should’ve realized… I feel like such a fool.” (woman)

“Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.” (me)

“It was so obvious though! A couple of guys claiming to be able to introduce me to the hero? It’s too good to be true! There’s also rumors of a slavery ring in the area. I could’ve ended up a slave!” (woman) Did she start crying?

“Do you want to just rest on the bed for a while? I’d like to comfort you, but I’m afraid of scaring you if I just suddenly approach.” (me)

“A-alright.” (woman) I immediately approached and hugged her close, as I lifted her up and took her to bed. “Thank you. This is just… I was so close to being in serious trouble all because I was too excited to think straight. It’s so scary to think about what almost happened.” 

I held her close until she fell asleep. I didn’t want to make her leave, especially in her current state, so I just waited. I wanted to wait for her to eventually wake, but unfortunately, I got really tired and ended up falling asleep too.

168