Prologue: Horror is love, horror is life.
10.2k 26 316
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since I was a child, I've always been infatuated with weird stuff.

Weird stuff, according to other people.

I mean, liking Xenomorphs, Skinwalkers, or Goatman for example, is not weird, right?

''Aurora, why do you always watch those creepy stuff?''

''Why...? Aren't they cute?''

''You're so strange...''

I'm not strange, you are.

I mean, just look at this cute baby.

GRRRR

"Good boy, good boy..."

The infamous smile dog, otherwise known as 'Smile.jpg'. A haunted image of a dog with a creepy smile that can drive people crazy, or so they say.

But this silly dog in front of me is definitely not that.

Sure, his smile is creepy according to normal standards, and he can haunt people to death, but he's just a big dog. For me, at least. His size is big, moderately big, almost bigger than me. He also has fluffy black-white fur, and is extremely huggable. Even his low growls sound pleasing.

Who would even argue that this fluff ball is not cute, right?

He has trouble eating normally though, most likely because his teeth are similar to human teeth. 

But why is he clinging to me like this?

Oh, wait, is he hungry? I just fed him an hour ago...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Smiley                   

Race: Smile.jpg                    Title: Pet of 'Mistress'

Level: 64

HP: 262/262                    MP: 189/189

STR: 7.2                    INT: 4.5

AGI: 8.9                    STA: 7.6

Skill: [Induce madness Lv.10], [Haunt Lv.9],
[Dream Invasion Lv.9], [Auto Regeneration Lv.9],
[Canine Domination Lv.8], [Acceleration Lv.7],...>

State: Happy, hungry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he is hungry after all. Is it a growth spurt?

AUGH

''Hm? Do you want snack?''

When he hears the word 'snack', he immediately lays down obediently, wagging his tail.

''You want dragon bone, right?'' I say, stroking his head.

I turn to the skeleton, who's cleaning fallen leaves with a broom near us. ''Skely, can you fetch me some bone?'' 

clack clack

Skely nods, making clattering noises, then swiftly blinks away.

Seconds later, he reappears in front of us with a pile of giant bones in his arms.

AUGH

The dog immediately pounces on Skely, jaws wide open.

Fortunately, before he could devour Skely, our favorite skeleton teleported away, leaving behind the dragon bone for our dog to chew on.

''Ugh.'' A voice sounds behind me.

''Amelia.'' I call.

''How can you be this unfazed when looking at these... Abominations...?''

''Don't insult my family.''

''I'm sorry, alright?'' She crosses her arms. ''Anyway, it's almost time to-''

''-Hyah!''

A black tentacle gently touches Amelia's shoulder, behind her is a tall, slender figure wearing a suit with bleach-white skin and no facial features.

''Oh, mister Slen.'' I greet Mister Slen, who's waving his hand and tentacles at me.

''It's really not good for my heart...'' Amelia trembles, hugging herself pitifully.

''So? Why are you here again?'' I ask, stroking Smiley's back.

''As I've said... Ugh... It's time for you to negotiate a peace treaty with the Empire, Aurora.'' She replies, dodging the wiggling tentacle of Mister Slen.

''And I don't need to do that.'' I say bluntly. ''Remember, Amelia. I can destroy the Empire anytime I want, but they can't touch a hair on my head, no matter how hard they try.''

I turn to the blonde girl and partially activate my [Domination] skill.

gulp 

Amelia flinches, but still stands firm.

''Hah... Fine, I'll take care of it...'' She says dejectedly, but then she suddenly fires up. ''I am the 'Villainess' after all!''

''That's admirable.'' I turn back to Smiley again, deactivating my skill.

''Yes I am, it's your admirable girlfriend, Amelia here~''

''Yes. Yes.''

''Hum~ '' Amelia hums merrily, walking over to me.

She then hugs me tightly from behind.

''After I tried so much to woo you...'' She mutters, stroking my wings gently.

''Do you like my wings that much?''

Aren't they just normal owl wings?

''Absolutely...! Ah~ These smooth, warm, and fluffy feathers...'' She buries her head in my neck.

Both of us fall into silence. Only the snapping noises from Mister Slen cutting leaves and the rustling sounds of Skely cleaning the garden can be heard.

Hmm... What eldritch creature should I make next...

316