Chapter 31 – Reunion after two months. Bloodline Protection Pendant.
2.9k 12 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a dorm room...

A grey-silver-haired girl was having a nightmare, wriggling left and right with sweat on her forehead... And then she woke up.

"AHHH!!!!" The girl screamed in horror, eyes wide. But when she realized she was in her room, she calmed down.

"Hah... It was just a nightmare..." Cornelia wiped her sweat and got up from her bed.

She then walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. The academy had magical water pipelines and drainage, which was convenient. After the quick shower, she went to the face sink and habitually brushed her teeth, but when she raised her head to look at the mirror... She saw a fleshless skull.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.

.

.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Cornelia screamed and woke up from a bed, her face covered in a cold sweat.

But this time, she wasn't in her room but inside Fary's study.

"Stupid disciple, be quiet! Or I will sew your mouth shut with a silence hex." Fary, who was quietly reading a book on her chair, reprimanded.

"S-Sorry, master..." Cornelia replied fearfully. She knew Fary was capable of it.

But then she thought of something. She looked at her hands and touched her face and hair. She only felt relieved after she confirmed she was okay. However, she noticed that her hair was ankle-long, and her skin looked pristine... and she was butt-naked.

To confirm her suspicions, she looked over her perks and found the Flawless Foundation perk was added. +15% in all stats was excellent, and +100% Learning Speed is fantastic!

Her two half-siblings, born to the legal wife, received the Tempered Foundation perk under the meticulous care of her father and his legal wife. On the other hand, she and her other siblings born to concubines did not receive such treatment.

As an illegitimate child, receiving fundamental education, decent food, and healthcare was already a blessing, but she was not entitled to any of the family property. In other words, when she becomes an adult, her parents can kick her out of the house to fend for herself. That was also part of the reason she enrolled in Eslelmiara since it increased her independence. Luckily for her, she was talented enough and received a proper education, so she enrolled as a scholarship student. Otherwise, she would need to work as a clerk or something along those lines.

And now, her talent has improved, increasing her independence. That was what made her happy.

"And it is all thanks to Tenta... I lucked out, didn't I?" She smiled. "I want to see him..."

"Stupid disciple, what are you spacing out for?" Fary reprimanded her again. "Get dressed. Guests are about to arrive."

"Guests?" Cornelia blinked.

The next moment, she understood what her master meant.

Hum*

A magic circle suddenly appeared next to Fary, revealing a white-haired version of Fary and a weird floating grey rod(?) with an eye. Of course, the twin-like woman was Kary, and from her connection to the rod(?), she knew it was...

"Tenta!" She happily exclaimed.

{Cornelia! Hi! It's been a while!} Tenta telepathically replied. However, he unabashedly looked at Cornelia's exposed chest. {Why are you naked?}

Cornelia glanced downward, realizing her lack of apparel, and immediately covered herself. 

"Please leave the room..." She embarrassedly said, her face flushing like a tomato.

If Tenta were a regular familiar, she wouldn't mind. But Tenta was a reincarnated individual... and a Tentacle Monster at that. It made her feel conscious about her body.

"Hahaha... So innocent." Kary chuckled.

"Finally, a normal reaction..." Tenta thought in relief.

Although he enjoyed the open seduction of monster girls, it made him slowly forget the modesty of women in human society to the point of missing it.

{I'll wait outside, then...} Tenta was about to leave when Kary stopped him.

"Nah, you stay here." She smirked. "You're her familiar, so she can't kick you out because she is changing. She needs to get used to it."

"Eh? Did I activate the lucky pervert aura?!" Tenta thought.

"Cornelia, Kary is right," Fary said. "Your familiar is your most trusted ally, and you need to get used to him being in the same room even when you change."

"... Okay..." Cornelia sighed and moved her hand.

"Is she going to do it?!" Tenta widened his big eye in rapt attention.

Unfortunately, Tenta underestimated Cornelia...

"Shadows cover, night's mantle, wrap me in your indiscriminate embrace... Darkness Veil." Cornelia chanted.

Immediately after, Tenta saw Cornelia being covered by a fog of darkness.

"Tsk... Boring." Kary clicked her tongue.

"I didn't tell her not to, so it's fair." Fary shrugged.

"Shame..." Tenta's tentacles hung low.

"Tenta, do you have the things?" Fary asked.

{The instructions and schematics are with Kary. But for the ingredients, I need to know Cornelia's compatibility.} Tenta replied.

"Hm, good," Fary said. "I still haven't checked her compatibilities, so we'll do that after she gets dressed."

{No need. Zeztris has it covered.} Tenta replied.

During this time, Tenta couldn't control his curiosity and checked the bundle...

 

Ritualism: Mortal Awakening Ceremony - Empyrean: Ingredient Bundle(Of any type)

After purchase, select a willing target, and the most compatible ingredients will be produced.

 

He only needed to buy it and ask permission from Cornelia, and Zeztris would do the rest.

"Hm." Fary nodded and tried analyzing him but only found his two fake status windows. "Not bad. You hid it well." She said.

{Well, someone made me hate being analyzed to a fault.} Tenta replied with a hint of blame.

"Then I did a good job." Fary pursed her lips but didn't elaborate further.

Tenta remained silent. After studying General Knowledge, he understood Fary was raising his awareness of the importance of information. For instance, someone learns all your secrets and then sells it. Such information is pointless to use on an honest farmer, but what about a strong adventurer, transcendent, or genius? Information is a weapon, and here, it can get you killed.

It was a cruel lesson Tenta was thankful for. But he would never thank her for it, and she didn't expect him to thank her.

By this time, the darkness dispersed, revealing a fully dressed Cornelia.

{Cornelia!} Tenta cheerfully said and floated to her.

"Tenta! You changed so much!" Cornelia smiled and walked toward Tenta, giving him a warm hug, which Tenta happily accepted.

{I went through a lot...} Tenta replied.

"I want to hear all about it." She grinned, the previous awkwardness gone.

{I also want to know how you've been these past two months.} Tenta said.

At this time, they heard Fary speaking.

"You guys catch up a bit. I need to look over the schematics." She said while holding a few parchments that Kary gave her.

"Let's go sit on the bed," Cornelia said, carrying Tenta to the bed.

{So, what were your last two months like?} Tenta asked.

"Ugh, terrible... I had to meditate in this magical circle that zapped me whenever I lost focus, and then I got thrown into this nightmarish bath that made me itchy before melting my skin and hair off." Cornelia winced.

{Ah... It must have been hard on you...} Tenta said, trying to show as much sympathy as he could.

"And what about you? What happened to you in the last two months?" Cornelia asked.

{Eh... I went through resistance training before evolving a while ago...} Tenta said, not mentioning the horrors he went through... Or that he is now a Wiseman... Or has a True Body...

He wanted to let the information slowly soak in to avoid shocking her. What he went through these two months was too much to let Cornelia handle at once. For now, he decided to reveal his 'First Layer' of secrets, which only included his resistance training. Once that sunk in, he would slowly reveal more...

"Oh, that must have been hard on you!" Cornelia showed a pained look and hugged him.

{It was worth it.} Tenta replied, not mentioning he partially did it for boobs...

As a gentleman, he would never lie...! He would only omit some things...

"He did it to protect me better! How sweet of him!" Cornelia thought, only getting it half-right.

"Can I see your status?" She asked.

{You don't need to ask permission.} Tenta replied. "Not that you will see the real deal..." He added in his mind.

Cornelia nodded and opened his status...

"Wow... You grew so much!" Cornelia exclaimed while looking at his status.

Of course, what she was seeing was the first layer... And his hidden perks remained hidden. She only saw his Meatshield and Behemoth peak perks + 10 lvl 100 skills + Flawless Foundation + Diamond Body + Unbreakable Willpower, along with other miscellaneous skills such as Telekinesis. However, even that was enough to amaze her. In comparison, her growth rate, which others would envy, was shamefully slow.

"I am ashamed to be your master..." Cornelia bitterly said.

{It is okay, Cornelia.} Tenta reassuringly said. {I am sure you will experience a growth spurt soon.}

"Mm..." Cornelia pursed her lips and hugged Tenta for comfort.

Meanwhile, Tenta checked Cornelia's status. It was lackluster. She barely got Flawless Foundation and Tempered Mind. However, her Scatterbrain perk vanished, replaced by Abstract Mind. The perception and concentration penalties were removed, and her problem-solving and unconventional thinking were improved.

"At least she can now train faster." Tenta thought.

Gurgle*

Suddenly, Cornelia's stomach made a declaration.

"..." Cornelia remained silent, blushing in shame.

{Hahah!} Tenta laughed. {Let's get you something to eat.}

"... Okay..." Cornelia let go of him and awkwardly replied.

{Is your cafeteria open at this hour?} Tenta asked, looking toward the window. It was dark. Glancing at a wall clock mounted near a burning fireplace, it was now 25:46... Which is the equivalent of 9 pm in earth standards. It stands to reason that an academy cafeteria is closed at this time.

"... The cafeteria should be closed now..." Cornelia bitterly said, noticing the time. "I'll need to wait until 7 in the morning..."

{Alright, I'll see if I can do something.} Tenta replied and turned to Kary, sitting on Fary's chair and eating a sandwich. {Kary! Do you have something for Cornelia to eat?}

"Hm? Eh..." Kary squinted her eyes at Cornelia. "Yeah... The food I prepared is suitable for you but is too high level for the girly to eat. She would suffer organ failure."

Hearing this, Cornelia immediately turned pale. "I'll pass..."

Tenta was already mentally prepared, so he turned to Fary, who was studying the schematics. {Fary! Do you have something for Cornelia to eat?}

"I knew this would happen, so I prepared food beforehand," Fary said, grabbing into the void and retrieving a platter of normal-looking fruit, fluffy white bread, jam, and a glass bottle of juice. Under her guidance, a table floated over, along with a platter and tableware, and the food was set in place in front of Cornelia.

"It isn't much, but it should be sufficient," Fary said, focused on her study.

"Thank you, master!" Cornelia happily said as she started eating.

"Hah... Considerate." Tenta thought as he watched Cornelia eat the normal-looking food. "I should probably train her resistance skills. I don't want her to die from mere food poisoning..."

Oblivious to Tenta's somewhat cryptic thoughts, Cornelia ate her food with relish, as if starving for days.

{So, Cornelia. Tell me about yourself. Do you have a family? Friends?} Tenta said.

"Gulp* Hah? Oh..." Cornelia looked at Tenta. "There is not much to tell. I am one of the illegitimate children in my family, born to a concubine. My mother was originally an adventurer, but after she got pregnant with me, my father made her his second concubine so I wouldn't be born out of wedlock. Although I got an essential education, was well-fed, and was treated well, I am still disowned from all heritage rights.

My father is a Baron, and he has one wife and three concubines, with my mother being the second concubine. I have two elder half-siblings from the legal wife and six half-siblings from the other concubines, but I am an only child since my mother never wanted another child and died on a guild assignment when I was four." Cornelia pursed her lips.

{Sorry to hear that...} Tenta sympathized.

"It's okay. I barely got to know her anyway. I only got this pendant from her." She said and fished out a pendant from her robes. It was a heart-shaped precious stone or jade. "She told me that it is a family keep-sake passed from generation to generation and need to pass it on to my firstborn daughter."

{Oh? Did she say why?} Tenta curiously asked.

"I am not sure. I tried analyzing it before, but it is a normal amulet." Cornelia said before making a pondering look. "But I once lost it while playing, but the day after, it was on my neck."

{Can I analyze it?} Tenta's curiosity was piqued.

"Sure." Cornelia nodded.

With permission received, Tenta tried visually analyzing it...

 

A jade pendent(?)

 

"Hm?" Tenta was surprised. "This pendant isn't that simple..."

With that in mind, he tried invasive analysis with his full power...

 

Bloodline Protection Pendant(?)

A pendant that is blessed by a powerful being to protect someone's bloodline.

 

"Eh..." Tenta squinted at the amulet. "A bloodline protection pendant? From who?"

"Did you find something?" Cornelia asked, perceiving a change in Tenta.

{... I think there is something special about it.} Tenta replied, not giving her the truth since it would reveal a loophole in his cover. {How about asking Fary or Kary to analyze it?}

"Good idea!" She smiled and turned to Fary but saw she was busy, so she turned to Kary. "Miss Kary! Can you please help me analyze my pendant?"

"No problem, and please just call me Kary." Kary lazily said and looked at the pendant.

However, as she analyzed, her brows slowly scrunched together until she relaxed.

"Done." She said. "It is a bloodline protection amulet. From Ruvara, no less."

"Really?!" Cornelia widened her eyes.

{Oh? Can you give us the details?} Tenta asked.

"Sure." Kary nodded and started describing it...

 

Ruvara's Bloodline Protection Pendant

A gift to a particularly devout servant of Ruvara, protecting her bloodline in the hopes some of her descendants may someday serve her again.

  • The firstborn child will always be a female with at least above-average talent and recessively passing on compatibilities, relative appearance, and personality perks, and would always be without major negative perks or infertility. This pendent will be passed on to this child. (Cannot be applied when mating with a male-only parasitic race that cannot produce females.)
  • This pendant slightly manipulates fate, averting minor disasters and increasing the wearer's luck. When reaching adulthood, it would also gradually draw suitable males to the wearer to procreate and produce an heir while ensuring a safe growing environment, improving the odds of continuing the bloodline. The effects are lost once this amulet is passed on.
  • This pendant would not draw attention and is highly hidden.
  • This pendant is hereditary and cannot be handed to outsiders. If the direct bloodline perishes, another descendent would recessively inherit the traits. If all the descendants are lost, this pendent is permanently destroyed.
  • This pendant, even if lost or destroyed, would appear on the next owner (If she exists).
130