Chapter 22: Cat Bullies Herself
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence finally fell over Cheshire’s mind as she began to go through the various documents that were disposed of in front of her.

Being a Cheshire within the omniverse was a recipe for loneliness, no matter what changes occurred in their universe, they were still met with the exact same reactions for their sin of living. When they were weak and unknown they were met with disgust. As if their mere presence in the universe was some kind of crime in the making; often followed by anger that led to their countless scars forming.

They sometimes managed to make some allies - perhaps even friends or family - but there was always the struggle to continue on. Even if they had never attempted to vie for power and made sure to not step on anyone's feet… Conflict would somehow always follow.

Each and every Cheshire knew this to be a fact; being who they were they had already come up with many hypotheses on this little dilemma which cursed them.

A result of this? They absolutely fell in love with constantly debating one another.There was no way they could even betray one another which meant they could let their guard down for once - on top of that it was an entire army of individuals that could keep up. In case it wasn’t obvious, Cheshire was smart, her genius made it somewhat difficult to get along with others no matter how much she understood them. Having a person who can understand your every movement was something few could handle for prolonged periods of time.

In that aspect only Photon (Cheshire prime’s younger but way taller brother) was their only real friend.

It was hardly surprising they instantly launched on the chance presented by their wise leader; constantly discussing just about everything with one another. Not even Cheshire prime minded as they all enjoyed listening to their own voice. A much more pleasant white noise when compared to the conflict and abuse that surrounded them. Additionally it helped them save far more children from the cruelty of society.

However, what they just learned about was enough to give them all pause, every single voice across the ever expanding existence couldn’t help consider what new possibilities existed. For once this wasn’t even from the perspective of a researcher. Instead they found a new angle which they enjoyed far more.

| So we’re possibly a mother? |
| A child of our own… |
| Huh… |
| What a life! |

Finally the floodgates opened up, even the busily writing Cheshire couldn’t help smiling, yet there was one voice that cut through all the others.

| Does this actually change anything? |

A simple question that once more brought silence among the consortium of Cheshire as prime just continued to push forward. Looking at the various documents that contained information gathered from around the world and all the reports from her criminal empire. She needed money with the easiest way to do that (as well as most advantageous due to being amazing at information gathering as well) was to dip her toes into the dark side.

Although to say she “merely dipped her toes” was an outrageous understatement. Her ability to transfer information through shadows may not seem like the perfect combat ability but it has proven to have plenty of uses when combined with Cheshire. Having utilised it to make up a massive information network through the corvids who could hide in shadows.

Previously they were the most looked down on race of bird as they could only hide in shadows - unable to actually see through those shadows. Yet, being the genius that she was, this allowed her to make an absolutely massive network of shadows throughout the world. Few places were safe.

Sadly that meant she had to go through most of it as well; at least it allowed her to quickly expand out towards other revenue streams. All highly frowned down upon but it was hard to even really call it illegal since there were few laws and no one to uphold them. Really it was just morals that decided what one should or shouldn’t do. Nevertheless, Cheshire had never cared about what others think, in her opinion they were even worse than her as they were abusing kids.

Kids.

To change the world one needs to seek out the darkest corners.

Her favourite mode of money making was to dip her fingers into blood & powder. Both fields she had gotten quite good at in her life of survival. She always was someone who liked to make the most of a difficult situation; hence her infamous belief that true power comes with true suffering.

A fact that only meant more & more documents found their way atop her beautifully made desk, a smile flickered across her face, as even she couldn’t help her mind wander back. What did change about knowing they had children in the future? It was an answer that obviously brought great consideration to all the Cheshire due to them already having a massive soft spot for the kids.

So what did change?

“We merely need to work harder nyahaha~!” <Cheshire>

||||| ? |||||
| Aren’t we already working hard? |

*PTUI*!

To that the little black cat turned her head to literally spit on the ground. A fact that got many of those hovering around her to become quite confused - nonetheless they chalked it up to her just being displeased with something written in the documents. Maybe even some piece of information that was sent to her through her web of darkness. Dark web; if you would.

“Before we fought for a better world where children could freely be themselves…” <Cheshire>

| Indeed; a noble goal for an evil women like us chehehe~! |
| Well there is also a lot to learn… |
| Kids first then research then world peace I guess? |
| World peace doesn’t really matter much when there are so many worlds. |
| If we want peace across all of existence we could use that anti-life equations we worked out? |
| We can keep that in the back pocket for now. |

“Well that’s where it all changes my fellow little black cats~!” <Cheshire>

Slamming her little palms down onto her desk - if she wasn’t so physically weak people would likely have looked at her in confusion at her sudden outbreak. As it stood she only managed to make the papers flutter a little bit. Still it had the intended effects of causing her other selves to become silent while waiting for the “prime” self to answer the obvious question they all now possessed.

Not that Cheshire was in a hurry to answer. Happily working away at her papers as if she hadn’t ever had that sudden outburst; an awkward silence forming between her other selves which she took full advantage of as her gaze turned toward the (not so) little dragon girl. Eyebrows raised as she saw the girl actually looking a little sombre now that she confirmed the chaos cat had indeed left her alone.

The girl wasn’t even looking as her powers unconsciously began making those dragons turned into living bombs of cancerous cells that popped after some time.

Unleashing an even more brutal & unnerving bloodshed than perhaps even she had managed.

<That girl has three faces: that she shows the world, that she shows those who she perceives is worthy of her wrath and then the face she has only shown to that maybe brat of mine… Maybe there is even more that she is hiding. Whether she realises it or not she is holding herself back by initiating her own mother.>

Shaking her head with a sigh as she looked back down to her papers; not worrying as the girl was already sailing home and there seemed to be nothing that could challenge her when she was on the water.

She was the princess of the seas.

| So~... |
| We’ve been wondering… |
| And you have been rather silent, boss… |
||| … |||

Her own ears flinched slightly as the desperation in her other selves voice - a fact that made her iconic smirk come back in full force. Her sadism fully overcame her as she leaned back in her chair with all the energy of a sloth during winter. Only accentuated when she had her fingers intertwined with her little elbows resting on the armrests on either side of her.

“Well… You see…” <Cheshire>

Purposefully dragging it out as much as she could; taking a deep breath only to then let out a sigh after holding her breath. Also for an extended period of time. Truly making every moment last for as long as it possibly could yet her other selves were not about to lose the game they found themselves in.

With neither side rushing the process she got a few more non-committal words out.

“Now that we have a child we have a goal - we aren’t simply making a better world for some random children in the future. Instead we need to make a world for which our own children will be able to grow into the perfect form of themselves as is our job as a parent. We need strife…” <Cheshire>

Unfortunately, as if some entity had a grudge against the other Cheshires, an eerie woman cloaked in grey feathers came running up to the desk. Although her speed made it seem like she just appeared. She was actually not too much bigger than Cheshire but had a magnificent feathered crown upon her forehead that somewhat took away from those cold eyes that darted about the place in panic.

Strangely she also wore red pants.

“We have a problem boss…” <Seriema>

0