AOT: Humanity’s Last Stand Chapter 4: Plans For The Future
592 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A Week Later]

"Firewood is a really annoying thing to pack up," I said to myself as I wiped off a bit of sweat off my face.

Stuff happened right after I killed that guy, Like Grisha Jaeger and Eren Jaeger showed up only to see me hugging Mikasa tightly with blood on my clothes.

Of course they recognized me, I was their neighbor. I mean of course Grisha recognized me, Eren on the other hand was well confused.

The case was reported to the Military Police officers and they ignored it, partly because they didn't believe that a boy could kill three grown men but when they arrived, They were forced to believe and then they gave me an earful.

But the most shocking thing was that my Mom wasn't the least surprised, at least I think so, She didn't shout at me at all, No instead she just gave me a smile and said I shouldn't endanger myself like that again.

Well Mikasa started living with us and well she became a tad too clingy for my liking but I guess it's understandable since she just lost her parents.

I on the other hand made a personal pledge to kill any slave trader I may find and I know it may sound childish but I didn't care, I didn't want anything like this to happen to anyone again. No one should have to go through what Mikasa went through because of the useless Military Police regiment.

Honestly in my own opinion, the only thing they were great at is drinking and spending time in the Brothel. Also I think I may have a stalker sitting on the tree nearby, For the past week, Grisha Jaeger has been following me around for who knows why, because of this, I can't hunt.

Doesn't this dude have a wife or something? I don't understand why he has to follow me around. Also my dad, Frederick Ares hasn't come back, Seems like the scouts are doing a lot outside the walls.

"Aeron, Are they too heavy for you?" Mikasa asked with a smile on her face as she carried multiple bundles of firewood in her arms.

It's really shocking that she can carry more than I can, I mean I'm supposed to be the man here. With that in mind, I took in a deep breath and picked up a single bundle of Firewood from the ground.

Two bundles... Three bundles... Four bundles... Five bundles...

"Aha, I carried more firewood than you did," I said with an excited smile on my face.

"Eh?" Mikasa muttered, "Are we having a contest?"

Much to my surprise, She added 2 bundles to the bundles she was carrying and I began whining, I have the trait called 'Perfect Body', It doesn't mean that I have all the strength in the world, How can I let such a cute girl outclass me in power?!

...

We dropped the firewood in our storage. Mom stood right in front of us, Her eyes glimmering with joy as the corners of her mouth raised a bit. 

"Oh, Mikasa. Good girl, You carried more firewood than Aeron," Mom said, much to my surprise and jealousy.

"So Mom doesn't love me anymore," I said while puffing my cheeks out, "Mom replaced me,"

Mikasa grabbed my hand and looked at Mom.

"Please praise Aero too, He found the spot where we were gathering firewood from," Mikasa pleaded with puppy eyes.

Mom looked at her with a smile.

"I was just about to praise you, My baby boy," Mom said, "You are great too,"

"Thanks Mom, Now Mikasa, Let's play!" I let out a satisfied smirk, I have a secret weapon against Mom now, With this, I can get whatever I want... Mwahahaha!

"Okay..." Mikasa said.

...

The only time when Mikasa is away from me is when she goes to the hospital for her checkups. Although this is a temporary solution, I need to get new weapons quickly.

I can't go to the Weapons shop and then touch weapons, they might tell my Mom and this leads me to my second solution.

...

"Mr. Hannes!" I cried out when I saw the blond haired man and he opened his arms with me running in and hugging him.

A year ago, I got separated from Mom in the market and he helped me find her, Since then, You could say that we have been friends, Not acquaintances, mind your words.

"Aeron, It's been a long time since I've seen you," Hannes said, "How are you doing?"

"Fine, Hannes. What about you?" I asked, my head still on his stomach, Not everyone is as stupid as Eren who would shout at the Garrison, although his words were true, It didn't make sense to disrespect the elders.

If a person wanted to drink, You let him drink in my honest opinion, although everyone's opinion can be very different, It's still nice to stick to your own beliefs.

"Mr. Hannes, Can you take me to the Weapon shop?" I suddenly asked.

-

Author's Note:-

Another chapter done, I'm really enjoying the AOT fanfic so far…

19