AOT: Humanity’s Last Stand Chapter Thirteen: Frieda’s Words
385 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter how many Kitchen knives I generate, No matter how many times I slashed, No matter how many times I used my Rage Breathing... I was still weak, weak enough to not even scratch the titan in front of me... The feeling of weakness and desperation was etched into me, I needed power, There was no more doubt about it. I needed power to end my enemies... You made a mistake to let me go Dina Fritz because next time... Next time, I'll devour you...

There's a certain line drawn between a regular person and a person who has lost his/her mind, The state of mind of these two people aren't the same, even if you compare them, Their mental states differ from one another.

I... was on that line, The line of being a regular person and a person who has lost his mind. The memories of her smile are haunting me... She took care of me from childhood right up until Adulthood and yet I couldn't do anything for her.

Perhaps if I was strong enough... If I had been strong enough to move instaneously, perhaps I would have stood a chance, a chance at saving her.

I passed by the Jaeger household walking aimlessly, A thin line of desperation formed on my face as I sighted that no Boulder was there, hell the house wasn't even destroyed and this only meant one thing... That Carla Jaeger hadn't died, She was still alive and living.

Was this an atonement? Have I commited any sins to result in my Mother's death? Was it wrong to think I could have a peaceful life in the world of Attack On Titan?

As long as I had my family... All was supposed to be good but here I was, Nowhere near where I was supposed to be going.

Where the hell was I supposed to be going? I think I forgot... The pain that was echoing and vibrating through my heart threatened to paralyze me.

In the battle against Dina Fritz, I escaped with a single eye... and my escape was narrow which meant I could have gotten killed. At that moment, I realized that even If I was granted more speed, What could I do to the titans if I didn't have proper equipment. Nothing worked against them... They were monsters.

As I held my bleeding left eye, A titan loomed over me. It was of the Four meter class and it reached it's hand out but before it could hit the ground, I had long since vanished.

An abandoned shop in town that sold clothing, That was where I was now, Hoarding as much clothes as I could store in my inventory. My clothes were torn and ragged so I switched them up with some light clothing, The fact that Titans could move in the day but not at night would give me an edge. 

It was almost sundown and I had found some good shoes, All I had to do was to wait for Nightfall and then escape and I knew exactly where I wanted to go... Let's see what Grisha and the Founder are up to.

Small rays of sunlight peeked through the snowy clouds as I drank down some coffee, I was 14 now, old enough to consider myself an adult so I could drink Coffee.

Wonder how I made it? It's pretty simple, There was a small in-built furnance in this shop, It was lucky that I found the coffee powder and then I melted snow, A small smile formed on my face as the last bits of sunlight faded.

Titans couldn't move as soon as the sun was down, That was the apparent explanation and I was going to use it to my advantage. I came outside and spotted a three meter titan, collapsed on the ground, It's eyes fixated on my figure.

“Whatever,” I mumbled while turning to the other side, I stretched. Considering the fact that my Mom died, I guess Future Eren had something to do with it. Just when I spared your young self, You went ahead and killed my mother.

And then Future Eren would then manipulate Grisha Jaeger into taking the Attack Titan, That's how the timeline went but surely with my appearance here, That wouldn't be possible.

I took a Sprinter's stance and inhaled a bit of air.

“Full Speed!”

I shot forward turning into a blur of uncalculable speed, Nothing in this world could follow my movements as I continued speeding leaving rising snow behind me.

In a room seemingly filled with Ice pillars, no they were pillars of harden. In this room, There were two oppositions. 

On one side, There were 7 people dressed in white and on the other side was a Black haired man in a suit with a briefcase in his right hand, His eyes narrowed as he stared at the Founding Titan.

“I'm an Eldian that came from outside the walls!” Grisha cried out, “I'm a subject of Ymir just like all of you,”

They stared at him, an extreme silence enveloping the room.

“King of the walls, Please you have to kill the Titans attacking the walls... Before my wife and child... Before the people of the walls are eaten!” Grisha yelled, his voice a challenger of the silence that permeated the air of the room.

Frieda's mouth widened but she closed it and looked down. Her eyes seemingly closed and she took a deep breath and then an exhale, She opened her eyes and they turned light purple now.

“We must'nt escape our sins, Judgement day has come for the subjects of Ymir,” Frieda said with an expressionless face.

Grisha had a look of both shock and grief planted on his face as he heard her, He took a step back.

“When it comes to great power, People are weak. I realized something from the great titan war, We must'nt allow the power of the Titans to fall into people's hands,” Frieda continued.

Grisha's face was shaky now, his imminent fear rising. No, not because of the Founder Titan's words but because of the person behind him in a jacket... Whose eye was glowing in purple unmitigated rage.

-

Author's Note:

Done with this chapter and I won't lie, I needed to rewatch this episode to write this again. Stay tuned and don't forget to support and donate to me on Ko-fi.com/kristylers and get chapters ahead.

15