Chapter 8: Territory Construction
123 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shook my head and decided to think about it when the Academy was complete, seeing that the fastest crops in the territory grow in 30 days and the longest is 2 months, the territory will be able to support the next development after the agriculture sector is complete.

 

“For now let's focus on improving the territory, and teach some of the talented people in the mansion to fill some of the positions in the new Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development”

 

Liam nodded and continued to write down more details about the new department, revising, removing, and improving any part that he deemed unfit or lacking details.

 

*** 

 

2 weeks later, the agriculture sector and the Department of Food Administration had been completed, and it was time to establish the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development.

 

The Mansion once again posted a mass hiring on the Territory, more people came to the city than the last hiring to get the opportunity to be hired after learning that the new lord had successfully developed the agriculture sector of the territory.

 

The people of the territory were overjoyed to learn that the lord was planning on developing the urban housing of the territory and that two academies would be constructed and be free to enroll in, one was for transcendence, and one was to educate the masses starting from childhood which the parents were more grateful for their children has the chance of getting education.

 

***

 

In a large warehouse, I used the artifact creation ability to create countless materials needed for the construction, I repeated this process in dozens of warehouses costing just 2,000 Origin Essense.

 

"These construction materials should be enough for the reconstruction of the territory, this should count the urban area,  and the two academies, after redeveloping is almost complete, those merchants should have heard the news and they will be the ones providing the materials the territory will need in the future, who doesn't want an opportunity to be the first commerce in a territory that needs a large amount of resources?"

 

I left the warehouse area and went back to the mansion to check the progress of the employment and use analysis to spot any potential talents or characteristics, but to my disappointment there was none.

 

I shook my head and continued to instruct the people on the plan, I guided them over to the warehouses to load the construction materials onto the carriages, as for them stealing the materials and running off. Never thought about it, since they signed a mortal-grade contract, enough to prevent accidents from happening at a mortal level.

 

Riding the carriage through the city, you can see the roads also being demolished, roads in every part of the city were like this, the roads will be renewed with wide sidewalks and 2 lanes on both sides, the roads are the top priority before the completion of the academies.

 

Arriving at the bottom left corner of the city, the demolition of the old buildings was finished and was being cleaned up, the people living here got paid in gold and relocated happily.

 

The construction of the future residential area was already in progress, and the bottom right corner of the city was in progress of demolition and set to be the future commerce district, I only needed to develop the roads, and the merchant would be the one building their shops.

 

The top left corner has been cleaned up, but no one is constructing any buildings, I'm waiting for the roads to be completed, the road will be done in an estimated 2 weeks, and then the academy can finally be the focus of the manpower.

 

Liam nodded knowing that the development of the territory was going smoothly and left to monitor the site.

 

***

 

2 weeks passed, and the roads in the territory had been upgraded from the original gravel road to a more concrete-like material, the residents of the city were more supportive of the new lord, some were even arguing about which sector the lord would develop next after the academy was done.

 

***

 

On the mansion balcony, Liam saw his parents, Emily, and Seraphina returning from their visit to the agriculture area and the in-progress residential area.

 

"The territory is developing well, the residential area is now in progress, the roads are much smoother than ever, and the people are now well-fed and happy, you did well"  Aiden looked at Liam with a sense of pride.

 

"Hmm, it's much livelier than before, the architecture of the newly built buildings is also beautiful, I've never seen that kind of building, when will the mansion be like that." Aurora's face was full of joy to see such beautiful buildings being built in their territory.

 

Listening to his parents, Liam smiled as he drank his tea, he used the memories of when he was on Earth and used a European half-timber house as the main building style in the residential house, this building was up to 3-5 stories high, this kind of architecture cannot be seen in this world, it's not only beautiful but also very rigid and above the level of floods.

 

The elves live in their tree house or inside the tree, dwarfs build stone houses that is only one floor, drakarians lives in the mountains with stone castle, and demi-humans and human houses are very diverse, from small thatch house to 3-floor mansion if your wealthy, or a large castle if your royalty.

 

So after the people heard they could live in a house that was 3 to 5 stories tall, the request for relocation skyrocketed, and of course, they were put in a queue due to the area still being constructed.

 

“Even im in awe to see such a building in the residential area of the territory, such high buildings usually cost so much gold only those rich nobles and royals can afford.” Emily who went with my parents was also reminiscing about the scene she saw.

 

“Hm, such tall buildings are rare, and most of the time those tall buildings are the tree house of the elves” Seraphina agreed with her daughter.

 

Liam was amused by this and remembered the skyscrapers of his past life reaching over 40 to 100s floors, with the highest building reaching 163 floors, an 828-meter-high building, almost reaching a kilometer.

 

“This is just the beginning, in the future when all the condition permits it and the time is right, the buildings we will construct will reach the sky, or maybe even beyond the sky.” 

 

Everyone looked at Liam with confusion, a building reaching the sky was already beyond the normal means of mortals, as for beyond the sky, that was already beyond their comprehension.

 

“Liam please stop joking, reaching the sky is beyond us mortals, only the Legendary Adept Level can fly to the sky.” Aurora waving her hands made it seem like Liam was just joking and didn’t take it seriously.

 

“If you don’t believe it, then let time speak for itself” Liam smirked and didn’t explain further.

 

Liam looked beyond the balcony, to see the condition of the territory, from the broken-down buildings, gravel roads, and the lack of food, to the newly built buildings, smooth solid roads, and the happy faces of the people with food on their tables, being able to fill their stomach every day without needing to worry about what to eat the next.

 

Authors Note: Boom! Another chapter! Catch! (┙>∧<)┙(Chapter)

5