Chapter 9: Encounter
194 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1 month passes like this, training the instructors of the two academies, monitoring and guiding the construction, and spending time with Emily.

 

Seeing that the academies were already in their beginning phase, I decided to explore the territory and find a Vitality mine, those vitality mines compost of Vitality stones, those Mine are actually hard for transcenders to find, even if you found a place composed of large plants and trees that are full of vitality, it's still hard to locate, this is due to the mine either being so far down the ground, too small to locate or formed a special area that hides it's presence.

 

The Vitality stones are the main currency of transcenders in the small universes that orbit the Transcendence Universe System.

 

Energy stones like this differ from one Universe system to another, like the spiritual stone of the immortal world, the mana stone of the Wizard universe system, and the qi stone of the martial art world, different names and energy, but all serve the same purpose. (Universe System and World are different from one another)

 

I rode my horse around the territory looking for traces of vitality, I used the artifact analyze ability everywhere I went, from large forests, and small hills, to large mountains.

 

This went on for 2 weeks until I found a trace of vitality near the city, I was surprised to see that a trace of vitality was near me all along.

 

I decided to leave immediately and told my parents and Emily that im going to go out for a while, I took my horse and followed the path the trace of vitality took me.

 

after riding my horse for about an hour, I finally arrived at a small mountain range full of trees with strong vitality, I got off my horse and tied it to a nearby tree then went on my way.

 

Walking through the forest, I saw small creatures like rabbits to larger creatures like deer, they had vitality already surpassing those of normal mortals, but not enough to reach the Novice Level.

 

After analyzing the trace of vitality floating in the air, I know im nearing the Mine, but I can't help but feel a sense of unease.

 

Walking for a while, I saw a slightly larger mountain nearing my distance, the mountain had more vitality than the surroundings.

 

My senses have been tingling ever since I saw the mountain, something is watching me from the back, and my senses are telling me it's more powerful than the creatures I saw earlier.

 

I continued walking until I was in front of the entrance of the cave, the cave was full of Vitality stones glowing and lighting up the entrance of the cave.

 

My senses were on high alert, I took out my sword from its scabbard and used the [Ethereal Blade Veil Technique] to cover the blade and slowly walked towards the cave entrance.

 

Tension built up more and more as I came closer and closer to the cave entrance, the adrenaline that I hadn't felt in a long time was coming back at me.

 

The feeling of being hunted intensifies as if it's ready to jump at me anytime.

 

I took one more step, before instantly twisting my body to swing my sword.

 

*CLAAANG*

 

My sword hit the claw of the creature, but hitting it was like hard metal, being able to rival a Perfect Technique meant it was beyond the Novice level.

 

Seeing that im no match at this clash, I mobilize the [Stellar Glide Technique] and turned into small bright particles, disappearing almost immediately.

 

*Boom*

 

Just right after disappearing, the sound of a thunderous explosion could be heard, and the cloud of debris blocked my sight from seeing the creature's true form.

 

The creature was stunned for a moment as I disappeared and being able to escape its attack, it growled at me and immediately launched a continuous attack.

 

One by one I dodge its attack, reflecting and guarding its continuous attack while slowly adjusting my position away from its range.

 

After dozens of playing back and forth with the beast, I was finally able to see through the clouds of debris.

 

In front of me was a giant wolf, its height reaching 3 meters, as long as 5 meters, such size should have been very loud, but this wolf was very silent even with all that mass.

 

The wolf ain't normal by any means, its size is already beyond the size of normal wolves, even at the Novice level, such size is already unprecedented from what I heard.

 

I stand firm as I prepare to counterattack, my blade glows as I input more Vital Energy into my blade sharpening it beyond the Novice Level.

 

I disappeared instantly and appeared on its side, I tensed my whole body as I made a vertical slash onto its neck.

 

But before the blade could hit its neck, the wolf lunged forward so fast that it destroyed the ground it was standing on.

 

It looked at me, aggrieved to what I did, its eyes full of bloodlust wanting to tear me into pieces.

 

I looked back at its eyes as I once again formed a stance, preparing myself for the upcoming clash.

 

Without a second, we lunged at each other at full power, my blade and its claws clashed with power, bursting out the vital energy to the surroundings, the burst of energy was so powerful that it destroyed the environment around us.

 

I again swung against its claws, sparks after sparks of clashes appeared one after another.

 

The wolf roared as it condensed more vital energy to its claws, being condensed to such a degree it started to form red veins, its claws slashed towards me with such brute strength, that I wasn't able to keep my footing anymore and was launched through the forest, hitting everything and leaving a trail of destruction.

 

In the crater where I stood, I saw the wolf standing there growling its dominance towards me.

 

I turned into bright particles and launched myself toward the wolf, enveloping my blade with finer and denser vital energy.

 

I slash towards its claws, clashing once again before disappearing and appearing on its side as I slash its stomach with full strength.

 

The wolf roared as I slashed once again on its stomach, anger swelled in its eyes, a reflection of me could be seen from those blood-red eyes.

 

Its head swayed towards me at a fast pace that I was unable to dodge its head, flinging me into the side.

 

Not a moment to lose, it rushed up to me with an open mouth, fangs nearing me, my eyes contracted as I saw it, and I instinctively lowered my body and rotated it to swing my blade against my open neck.

 

Blood gushed out of its neck, roaring from its pain, attacking everything around it as if everything was its enemy.

 

Without a moment to lose, I used my technique to appear on the other side, slashing its eye and angering it to the point where the other eye was full red from anger and opening its mouth to attack me once again.

 

Seeing this, I didn't dodge but condensed vital points to the point of my blade and postured myself in a thrusting position.

 

The adrenaline was at its peak as if time was slowed down, everything was slowed down, I saw it coming closer, its mouth wide open as its head was nearing me, without a moment to lose, I thrust my blade through its forehead, penetrating through its skull, the sound of bone breaking, its eyes widen as its didn't understand was this weak human was able to keep up with him.

 

Its body swayed for a while before falling to the ground, and the vitality it had before slowly faded as Its eyes used to convey bloodlust faded.

 

I took a deep breath as I composed myself, for such a creature was near his territory and would have been a future threat.

 

“Hahaha, for I the Supreme Space-Time, to almost die in such a battle”

 

*Sigh*

 

“Seems like I need to become stronger, surprises like this might be everywhere.”

 

Author's note: (・⁠_⁠・⁠)┳⁠━⁠┳

 

5