Volume 1 – Revelation
510 13 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you wanna know the reason?" Mama Diana asked me a question with a serious tone in her voice. 

How in the world did my status concealment come undone? 

To think that Mama Diana got an <Appraisal> skill after coming back from the capitol is a variable I didn't expect at all. 

I sighed in frustration as I asked Mama Diana. 

"I don't want to know if I've already guessed the answer already, Mama. Please answer this question instead. 

Do I need to hide anymore?" I asked while my brows were furrowed.

"Emi-chan?! What are you saying?!" Auntie Clara replied with a confused look on her face. 

My response immediately shook my mother's stern expression into that of a concern and sadness as she replied.

"I guess, you've hidden well enough, my daughter—" "You're wrong, Mama." As she replied with that uncertain look on her eyes, I immediately interrupted her response with my own. 

At first, I actually understood the fact as to why they wanted me to be in care of Auntie Clara instead of the two of them, that's understandable since I was coincidentally born the same day the Demon Lord was born.

But what I'm skeptical is that, my parents want me to be trained as an attendant for my little brother.

I was actually excited to do that at first since it's my first time having a sibling in my two lives that I have, so I'm a lot more willing to do that to Clarence, my little brother.

"Mama, I understand the point of me taking care of my little brother as it's my job as the older sibling." I said with frustration in my tone. 

" Emi-chan—" as Mama Diana was about to fully respond, I let go of Auntie Clara's hand and went in front of Mama Diana and added.

"Mother, tell me. I obliged because I didn't have a choice since I'm just a child, your child in fact. 

Tell me, Mother. I've been near you all this time around. Near enough that I didn't even went out of these grounds.

What's the point of training me with all of this as being his attendant, when I can become his older sister and your daughter instead?" 

I asked as I put some emphasis on the maid clothes that I wear by showing it to her upfront.

I accidentally used my <Deep Appraisal> skill, which it has also unraveled everything that Mama Diana has at the moment.

——————————————

Status Info:

Name: Diana Margaret von Celestia y Altair

Job: Priestess

Age: 25 years, 1 month, 22 days old

Level: 95 – 1,836,099,222/ 3,328,268,652 EXP

HP: 96,339 (10x)

MP: 80,000 (20x)

STR: 4,750 (5x)

INT: 7,500 (10x)

DEF: 23,500 (5x)

DEX: 8,800 (8x)

Blessings: 

Anastasia’s Blessing 

- Grants the User Bad Status Resistance along with the skill and job "Priestess". 

Skills: 

- Maximum Mana Regeneration (S)

- Status Concealment Magic (S) 

- Appraisal (S)

- Priestess (A)

- Healing Magic (A)

- Barrier Magic (A)

- Support Magic (B)

- Purification (B)

- Chantless Casting (B)

- Ice-Attribute Elemental Magic (B)

- Optical Concealment Magic (B)

- Mapping (B)

- Water-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

- Wind-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

- Translation Magic (D)

- Telepathy (D)

- Tamer (D)

- Cooking (D) 

- Status Screen (E) 

——————————————

W-Wha... What in the world are these stats...

"Emilia-chan..." Mama Diana was so shocked about what I said that it's totally obvious to my eyes that she's starting to cry. 

The frustration that I've felt from my status concealment overwhelmed my emotions and started returning it to Mama Diana. 

But the shock that I felt from seeing her stats after accidentally turning on my <Deep Appraisal> made me snap out from my anger... 

The person who actually have to suffer more from her actions just to save me, and tried to mitigate the damage done by her actions by making me closer to them again and do what they want to do to me... while still having that invisible barrier that made me feel like I'm with my actual family. 

So I snapped, huh...

I turned around from the two of them as I used my <Acceleration Magic> that I've learned recently to enhance my body and left Mother's study while running back to the apartment while hearing pleads of them wanting me to come back. 

——————————————

Diana's POV

I had my suspicions already from the fact that my daughter's being a genius of her own. 

While at first, I was excited that she might have inherited my heritage as the 'Saintess' Diana with her proficiency in magic, my inability to properly discern her as to why she's like that actually concerns me as her mother...

To ascertain her more, I've given her education that a normal 5-year-old was supposed to learn. But she easily learned it all after she understood the ideas related to magic. 

This development actually made me proud as a parent, and made me scared as a mage heralded as one of the most proficient mages within the Kingdom... 

And thus... I went to the capitol with Edmund and returned to the royal palacd for me to learn <Appraisal> from the royal archives. 

It also coincided with these Holy Empire's religious fanatics arriving at the capitol in order to search for the Hero. 

This was then that I've realized something as an intriguing guess popped into my mind.

Is my daughter really the Hero? 

And so, when I finally learned that skill, both the two of us, and the Holy Empire's entourage of priests and paladins made way to the Duchy for their "holy decree" to find the Hero. 

When it was the time for Emi-chan's affinities to be appraised, she came out surprisingly talented, which I'm happy as a mother of a talented upcoming mage like her, but got curious as I felt that there was something missing out from this. 

So I have to find out, and find out I did. I found... a monster inside my daughter...

——————————————

Status Info:

Name: Emilia von Celestia y Altair (ex. Nakamura Kurayami)

Job: Hero

Age: 5 years, 0 months, 7 days old

Level: 5 – 28/249 EXP (3x)

HP: 150 (1x)

MP: 180 (5x)

STR: 150 (2x)

INT: 500 (25x)

DEF: 150 (2x)

DEX: 150 (1x)

Blessings: 

Anastasia’s Holy Blessing of Love

- Complete Bad Status Nullification

- Complete Retention of the Past Life's Memory

- True Blessing of Love and Protection from the God of Creation "Anastasia"

- Bestowal of the <Hero> skill and job

Skills:

- Hero (SSS)

  - Critical Point of Fate (SS)

  - All-Nature Attribute Elemental Magic (SS)

    - Water-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

    - Earth-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

    - Wind-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

    - Fire-Attribute Elemental Magic (C)

  - Light Attribute Elemental Magic (SS)

  - Dark Attribute Elemental Magic (SS)

  - Holy Attribute Elemental Magic (SS)

  - Deep Appraisal (SS)

  - Spell Weaver (SS)

  - Dimensional Storage (SS)

  - Hero's Haki (SS)

- Non-Elemental Magic (S)

- Information Concealment Magic (S)

- Status Concealment Magic (S) <forcefully deactivated>

- Maximum Mana Regeneration (S)

- Magic Power Operation (S)

- Appraisal (A)

- Thought Acceleration (A)

- Acceleration Magic (B)

- Mist-Attribute Elemental Magic (B)

- Ice-Attribute Elemental Magic (B) 

- Inferno-Attribute Elemental Magic (B)

- Chantless Casting (B)

- Super Chef (C) 

- Translation Magic (D)

- Maid (D)

- Status Screen (E)

——————————————

And now, after being questioned by my own daughter, along with this revelation...

She actually knew the reason behind it... But it was unnecessary as she was mad... Really mad...

"Emilia, come b-back...!" As I was trying to get my daughter's hand, she was already running outside the door...

"D-Diana... I'll go and see Emilia first." Clara, my best friend followed my daughter as she tries to catch up with her.

Why is she mad...? I just wanted to be with her, but what we did already happened, so it's difficult to find an explanation that would be good for everybody outside... 

And at the same time... She's really a Hero, like what Edmund and I have feared.

It was the right call from Moloch-san as he suggest to the two of us that Emilia-chan should be hidden from the public's eye, in which Edmund and I decided to do that by announcing that Emilia died during birth.

But... Is it really a right choice? 

"Diana, I saw Emi-chan running away from the room and Clara following her. What happened??" As my eyes starting to get blurry from the tears, I heard Edmund's voice as he went beside me and immediately hugged me with my face facing his belly.

"E-Edmund... H-Have we *sobs* really made *sobs* the r-right choice...?" I said as I was trying to hold my tears. 

These are the only words I can muster right now as I broke down following that...

——————————————

Author's Note:

Well, I certainly can't deny that a red-hair girl (was a boy) wearing maid outfits is quite funny enough for me to have made this into a character that I've made before, I certainly knew that this was a plot that did not have enough cohesion for everyone to enjoy reading. 

So by adding dimensions to these characters and have the thing laid out where you'll have to expect the next chapter for answers, I'm trying to get this initial plot to work with the next volumes that have already been written to work out. 

This is why I'm trying to change it from what I've posted in Honeyfeed when I'm writing it here in ScribbleHub now. 

Let me know if this chapter has made any good or bad changes to the progression to the story.

Thanks to everyone, particularly to Mira_Zenon, ardianxc13, and RoseWinegarden for pointing these out in a critically constructive way! 

20