Chapter 14 – A boy with no future.
160 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wrote five more chapters and saved them in draft. The time I have come to go to college for the first time since I arrived in this world came. I had some memories from Yuki... They were all unpleasant.

I confess that I started to feel nervous. Mainly because I was used to the colleges in Brazil. Even though I had memories of Yuki, it was still a big culture shock.

Colleges in Japan are very different. How can I put it... People are more serious. I could sum it up like that.

Not that there weren't student parties or things like that in Japan, but there were fewer of them. "Right, I think I should go now. Since he live near the college, Yuki always walked there."

He always met Markos on the way to college.

"Are you ready to go? But you haven't even had lunch!" My mother said worriedly after seeing me carrying my bag and getting ready to leave.

My sister hadn't arrived home yet, and my father was at work.

"Don't worry, I'll get something to eat when I get to college."

"Do you need money?"

"No, it's fine."

I left home for the first time since I arrived in this world. Our house was small and located in Tokyo. But it was far from the center. Even so, my father didn't pay cheap rent.

The rent was expensive as it wasn't a residential apartment. My father struggled to pay the rent.

'That's why I need to focus and help him!'

I'm determined.

'But this is so different...' The streets were clean. There wasn't even a pothole. People in suits walking around, the calm and pleasant weather, the small streets, and the small cars.

It was all very different from Brazil. It is a shock.

"But the most impressive thing is how well-decorated everything is." I passed a few stores, and everything was very well-decorated and eye-catching. The more I walked around the streets of Japan, the more amazed I became.

I've always wanted to visit Japan. It's a dream come true.

'Even though I have this dream, I hadn't left the house once before... I was so focused.'

Walking through the streets and passing a few alleys with some restaurants, I felt like traveling and getting to know the whole country. "Speaking of which, Yuki has never traveled anywhere other than Okinawa with his family..."

"What are you doing?" Then I heard a voice from just behind me.

He was wearing a basic white shirt and long pants. Yuki's only friend.

Markos.

He had dark skin and was not Japanese. As I said before, Markos was from abroad.

"It's nothing. I was checking out this store."

He approached me while I was looking at a store with some electronics. We were close to our college.

"Are you looking to buy a PlayStation or something? I thought you weren't interested in that sort of thing."

"I'm not looking to buy anything. I'm just looking. But isn't the price too high?"

"High? I think that's the average price... But come on, we can't be late." Our class started at two o'clock in the afternoon, and we had to stay at the college until six o'clock. That is a long time.

I walked alongside Markos as we chatted about the contract I had just signed. As we were communicating in English, no one passing by could understand.

"So you signed it... Are you still worried?"

"I don't think I need to worry."

"I said, didn't I? The site will take responsibility. But man, I'm happy for you. Now you're going to be rich."

"Don't exaggerate."

"Dude, I read that shit, IT'S FUCKING GOOD! Even though it's not that similar to Fairy Tail, I fell in love with what you wrote! I knew you were good at it, but you've outdone yourself now!"

"I told you not to overdo it."

"Oh, the chapters you posted were amazing. I read them before I leave my house. But why did you post so many at once? Isn't it good to keep a few?"

"Don't worry, I have plenty of chapters saved. It's just that I want to post up to chapter 30 as soon as possible to start selling chapters."

"Oh, that's right. About that... Can't you give me the chapters for free?

"Should I do that?"

"Please!!!" Markos' eyes filled with tears, and I laughed.

He is a fun guy.

####

We arrived at the college grounds a few minutes later. It was 1:30 in the afternoon, so we still had time. I bought bread stuffed with yakissoba from a nearby store. I sat with Markos on one of the benches near the main college building.

Many students were nearby, but everyone acted as if we were invisible.

"So, how are you feeling?" Markos asked. His expression suddenly changed. It was as if he was worried.

"What is it all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Don't you remember the message you sent me a few days ago?" Markos looked into my eyes. "I didn't ask since you were so excited about the contract... But what was that about?"

I tilted my head in confusion.

I searched my mind for memories of what he could have been discussing.

'Ah...'

Then I remembered.

####

*Change of POV*

Before Lucas possessed Yuki's body.

Yuki typed madly away in front of his computer. A calm, serene smile was on his face.

He had finished typing the last part of a chapter called "The Prison of Loneliness" from a story called:

[ The terror of a boy with no future ]

A story based on his own life. Everything his troubled mind had created was thrown into that 3,000-word chapter that Lucas hadn't read. He hadn't given it enough importance.

When Yuki had finished typing that long chapter and saved it as a draft, he opened his dashboard and looked at all the works he had written.

His calm, serene smile completely disappeared as he looked at each one.

A cold tear ran down his cheek and dripped onto his keyboard.

 

You can read extra chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

17