Chapter 20 – I almost died.
75 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next day very excited.

Now that I no longer have to worry about college, I could focus entirely on my work. My parents said they would deal with it, but I don't know how they will.

Anyway, I have no intention of failing. I'll make a living out of it, no matter what. I might start writing +18 stuff for the money.

"But that's bad... Now that I've dropped out of college, I can't do my revenge." No, it's okay. Even if I don't study there anymore, there's still a way to do it.

But we'll think about it later.

"The number keeps going up. When next Sunday comes around, I'll start posting more chapters daily to win the 'championship' among contracted authors. That featuring stuff is important for my plans."

I sat down in front of the computer and started typing. I typed five more chapters and then stopped for lunch.

"It's true, tonight I didn't have any dreams... I won't have those realistic dreams every night... Although I found the whole thing amusing. It's like living a second life."

When I'd finished lunch, I lay down on my bed to watch some videos on YouTube. Then, a new video appeared in my recommendations.

"Yuki followed a lot of channels about book/novel recommendations. I had no idea that my fanfic had appeared on one of these channels."

It was a channel with over 500,000 subscribers who recommended various works to read. Works that were for sale on Amazon and also novels that were published on the same website that I publish on.

"The video promoting my fanfic doesn't have as many views as the other videos, but it's an excellent number. 20,000 views. That will increase my reader base."

I watched the whole video. The channel owner, Arthur, gave a summary of the first few chapters and praised the proposal I had brought to this world, which was to use existing characters and worlds in a new work.

The comments were also very positive.

"Hm...."

[Thank you very much. I'm glad so many people are reading it. ]

"That comment is good enough. I have to thank the people who are helping me grow."

I left the video and started to feel a bit sleepy. Before I knew it, my vision was dark, and I felt like my body was falling into a bottomless pit.

But I couldn't scream.

A few seconds passed.

"FALCON!!!!"

Then, I heard a group coming in the distance. My vision suddenly returned to normal. I looked down and saw the buildings approaching me at high speed. High in the sky, I could see a black dragon descending towards me.

"Shit." I pointed my hands toward the ground, and a solid dark aura traveled until it touched it. The buildings in the way were destroyed, and my magic cushioned my fall.

The dust rose, and the dragon passed very close to my head before flying into the sky again.

"Damn... I almost died..." My eyes were wide, and I was breathing hard. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it in my entire life.

####

I looked up at the sky for a few seconds before I understood what was happening. I was in the middle of the battle against the dragon that had suddenly attacked the city because of that bitch witch.

"That's not good. As well as bringing the dragon here, she's made it stronger." The dragon flew over the whole town, emitting a frightening dark aura and throwing magic towards the ground.

Most residents had already been evacuated, but a few were still in the town.

Most of the buildings had been destroyed.

"Damn it, where are the guild members?" I shouted. The Blue Pegasus guild members weren't helping me. They had disappeared. "Don't tell me that witch did something to them?"

All the guild members were mages.

"Falcon, are you all right?" Then Lucy approached me. I could see the concern in her eyes.

My body was severely hurt even though I didn't feel any pain. All my clothes were torn too.

"I'm fine. The big problem is that dragon. I can't stay in the air for long, and it doesn't want to come down here."

"Can't we launch long-range attacks and hit it in the air?"

"He moves very quickly. I don't think I'll be able to hit him." I clenched my fists and started running. "Stay safe," I shouted to Lucy. Like in the story, I ran towards the dragon while holding my sword.

Using all the strength in my legs, I jumped into the buildings until I reached the tallest building in the area. I pointed my sword at the dragon when I was on top of the building.

"Black Lightning!"

A black laser beam appeared at the tip of my sword and flew towards the dragon. Even though it was flying at high speed, I still hit its wing. "That's enough."

But that's what I wanted, to get its attention.

ROAAAARR~~

With a great roar, the dragon descended towards me.

"I need to destroy its wings so it can no longer fly. However, its resistance is very high."

I'd hit its wings a few times but hadn't done anything more than inflict minor wounds on them. I must put everything into this attack and destroy one of its wings.

"First, I need to do it, then I'll think about what to do. AAAAAHHH!" A dark aura appeared on my sword. The range of my sword had increased. I wanted to cut off its entire wing in one go.

'That's so cool!' A smile appeared, even though I should be serious.

 

You can read extra chapters on patr eon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

7