Chapter 21 – A lot of money.
65 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The brightness of my sword was so intense that I could hardly keep my eyes open. But I kept my eyes wide open to hit the right spot. I can't miss it.

If I miss it, the whole script will be changed, and a mess will ensue.

"AAAAAAAAAAHH!" I kept shouting like in the story, and the dragon approached. It was much bigger than I had imagined. I felt all my legs tremble momentarily because of its threatening aura.

However, I managed to hit it.

I swung my blade and hit its left wing directly. My blade cut through its wing as if it were made of butter because of the energy in my sword. The dragon fell.

It roared in pain as it hit the buildings in its path and destroyed everything. Some people had probably died.

"Damn." My body is weak. I'm going to faint. 'But I have to do it! It's like in the story. Let's use all my remaining strength to kill this monster and then deal with that witch.'

I kicked the building beneath my feet and smashed it. I flew towards the dragon at high speed. I had used magic to make this possible. My physical strength alone wouldn't be enough.

I approached it in an instant.

The dragon was still confused by what had happened; it hadn't gotten up, and blood was pouring out of its wound. What's more, its magic was getting weaker. I could feel it.

"I'm going to rip your head off."

I used magic to make my body float. I used all my remaining strength to make another sword aura as powerful as the previous one. The energy was even greater this time, and the dragon noticed it.

It finally understood that it was close to death, so it had to strike back.

The dragon began to flap its remaining wing and stood up. It turned towards me to try and use a spell using its mouth, but I wouldn't allow it to do that. "Just die!"

I approached the dragon and swung my blade down on its neck.

The dragon didn't make a sound. My blade easily sliced through its neck. But the price was too high. As soon as my attack was over, my "flight magic" was deactivated, and I fell to the ground.

When I hit the ground, I didn't feel any pain. My whole body was numb, and I started to feel blood coming out of my nose and also my mouth. I had internal wounds.

"Oh damn, my sword has been destroyed." I smiled and threw my sword away. I continued looking up at the starry sky until I heard Lucy shouting for me. She was desperate.

'Don't worry, I'm not going to die here.'

I closed my eyes and then lost consciousness.

####

When I opened my eyes, it was morning. I had slept longer than expected.

"Huh?" I felt my stomach rumble. "I just woke up, and I'm already starving. It feels like I haven't eaten for days." I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. When I came downstairs, I met my mother.

"You slept a lot."

"I was having a nice dream."

"A nice dream?"

"Yes, I was fighting a dragon."

"That sounds scary..." My mother had brought me a plate and several other things for breakfast. She had made rice and scrambled eggs and even had natural sandwiches.

She knew I'd wake up very hungry.

"How's your work going?"

"It's going well. I haven't looked today, so I don't know how many chapters I've sold. Oh, and I found something cool on YouTube."

"Hm? Youtube?"

"Yes, a famous YouTuber was promoting my book. The video got over 20,000 views."

"That's incredible!"

"I was shocked when I saw it."

"I'm glad everything's working out." My mother sat facing me, holding a glass of tea. She sipped it and then looked at me seriously. "So, about yesterday..."

"One year, right?"

"That's right. I had this idea, and your father didn't want to accept it. It was hard to convince him."

"Thanks."

"It better work out. I don't want your father to get angry with me." She laughed. "So, what are you planning to do now?

"What do you mean? I'm going to continue writing."

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your story. I started reading it last night. I'm curious to know what's going to happen."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, super serious."

"All right. But don't blame me for the spoilers."

####

I went upstairs to my room to take a look at the sales.

"That's incredible. My estimated income is already over 500 dollars. Isn't that amazing? Next month, I'll be able to travel and have fun with that money."

No, I can't think about that just yet. I have to focus on my writing for now.

"But if I write a lot of chapters in a day, I'll have a few days off to travel, won't I?"

Stop thinking about it. I shouldn't think about it!

"Hm, the comment I made yesterday got a lot of likes. The channel owner also favored it and pinned it. He also replied."

[ Arthur: BooksAmateur - I'm glad you liked my review. Keep up the great work. I love reading your novel! ]

"How cute..." I smiled and liked his comment. "But speaking of which, wouldn't it be nice if I did that too? A channel or some social network to keep in touch with my readers. All authors do that."

But a YouTube channel is a bit much... A twitter is enough.

"Speaking of which, Yuki has never created an account on any social network. He doesn't have Twitter, Instagram, or Reddit. He doesn't have any accounts. Well, it makes sense considering his personality."

Fine, I'll create a Twitter profile.

 

You can read extra chapters on patr eon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

6