Chapter 16 – Olympus
1.2k 7 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd POV)

Artemis crouched down while playing with a branch on the ground.

Her long white hair, even though it touched the ground, was free from any dirt in the same way that her bare feet stepped on the ground.

Next to Artemis was Leto, who wasn't very happy at the moment.

For behind her was a staircase of white ivory, ornamented with gold, that ascended Mount Olympus, leading to the palaces of the gods.

{Tsk! I thought I would never return to this place again.} It was difficult for her to hide her displeasure.

She would rather swallow a thousand poisonous needles than enter Olympus again.

The only thing that made her calmer was that technically she was at the entrance to Olympus and not actually on Olympus since the home of the Gods was located at the top of the mountain.

If it hadn't been for Zeus sending that scoundrel to call her daughter, she would never be here. She couldn't let her beautiful daughter go alone with someone who is literally the god of thieves.

After Hermes brought them through the pocket dimension, he told Leto that he was going to Delphi in search of her beloved son, Apollo.

{Apollo.} Leto missed her light, but she was happy when she learned that her beautiful son had killed Python.

"Mom, will they be long?" Artemis asked, bored.

 "Probably not, since that rogue is the god of speed." Leto said, sensing her daughter's anxiety about seeing her brother as soon as possible.

Artemis and Apollo, since their birth, have never been away from each other for more than an hour, it was no coincidence that they were twin gods.

Their bond went far beyond blood, becoming Platonic.

The divine twins were effectively two sides of the same coin, while Apollo represented the sun that brought day, Artemis's domain was the moon that brought night.

They were strictly inseparable but extremely different from each other. One without the other was completely inconceivable to think about.

"Waiting is very boring." Artemis said, looking away to the dense forest that surrounded Mount Olympus.

As the goddess of hunting and wildlife, she could easily sense countless wild creatures in the forest.

A smile formed on her face as her eyes naturally narrowed towards the forest.

An elegant creature galloped through the forest that exuded hostility and oppression, almost as if it were their king. 

But when she felt the gaze of the Goddess of Hunting, all her hair stood on end, it was as if a natural predator was looking at her. Without thinking twice, the creature galloped through the depths of the forest, trying to escape this goddess.

"What a bummer." Artemis muttered again, but with disappointment in her voice.

The moment that word left Artemis's mouth, two divine powers were felt.

One of them Artemis recognized very well, the other she simply ignored.

And just a few meters away from them, a beautiful God with golden hair that fell down his back and eyes so golden that it looked like even the sun itself was carved into his eyes, simply appeared in front of him.

On his body, he wore a white toga lined with gold, and around his hair was a golden laurel wreath, and the symbol of the sun adorned his glabella.

"Apollo." Artemis said with a smile, quickly approaching him and instantly hugging her brother possessively. 

The first thing Apollo felt when he appeared on Mount Olympus was the warmth and curvaceous body of his sister pressed against his.

Then, without reservation or shame, his arms wrapped around her back, and an embrace ensued between the twin gods.

"It's been a while, my son." Leto approached them with a gentle smile on her lips.

"Yes, mother." Apollo smiled brightly as he and his sister separated from the hug.

But the warm atmosphere between the family was interrupted by Hermes.

"What a lovely family reunion, but I don't think it's a good idea to keep the god-king waiting." Hermes said, pointing to the top of the mountain, where you could see beautiful buildings.

Apollo just rolled his eyes and waved his hand.

"We'll be right there."

"Good. Then I'll wait for you all upstairs." He smiled and in the next instant, he disappeared.

"Fuuu! He could have taken us upstairs." Artemis exclaimed looking at the white staircase with gold details.

"That's not how things work in this damn place, my children, you are guests of Zeus right now, and even though you are this guy's children, you still have to climb the stairs that lead to Olympus." Leto's voice was calm and gentle as her eyes continued to look lovingly at Apollo.

"Boring." Artemis exclaimed.

"It really is a bit, but I will accompany you to the entrance of Zeus's palace so we can talk to the top of the stairs." Leto turns and walks towards the stairs.

"Of course, mother." Apollo said, walking right behind his mother, and with Artemis walking beside him.

Soon the three began to step onto the white steps.

"By the way, brother, how was your hunt against Python?" Artemis, who walked with her hands behind her back, asked curiously.

"Very fruitful, in addition to killing the damn serpent, I ended up becoming the patron god of Delphi, not to mention establishing my oracle."

"That's amazing, but you know it's beginner's luck." Artemis was happy for her brother, but her competitive side spoke a little louder for her.

"I think wild beings from the forest are communicating with me." Apollo responded with a teasing smile to his dear sister.

While the two teased each other with a smile, Leto was strangely silent. At the beginning of Apollo's sentence about Python, she was happy, and it was a beautifully morbid happiness.

Knowing that one of the beings she hated had died was something that brought her happiness.

Although Leto is considered a kind and compassionate goddess, Leto is still a goddess who does not accept disrespect.

But upon hearing the rest of the sentences, her morbid smile disappeared from her face.

"Oracle of Delphi." Leto muttered.

"Mother, are you okay?" Apollo asked.

Leto snapped out of her trance and turned her eyes to Apollo.

"Yes, I just thought it was curious and strange that you were the Patron God of Delphi." Leto said, walking up the steps of the stairs.

"Why?" Curious, the sun god asked his mother.

"Well, as you know, Delphi was created by Mother Earth, but there is something you don't know, Delphi was in fact created by Gaia, but Gaia was not the first patron goddess of Delphi.

The first patron goddess of Delphi was Themis, the goddess of justice, but then Themis granted Delphi to Phoebe, the goddess of intellect, prophecy, and light." Leto's voice was solemn.

"Phoebe? This is similar to Apollo's epithet." Artemis exclaimed thoughtfully.

But it wasn't just her name that resembled Apollo's epithet, Phoebe's own divinities were similar, if not, the same as Apollo's.

Leto laughed at her daughter's words.

"Yes, it's similar, since Phoebe is my mother, which in this case makes her the grandmother of both of you."

While hearing this, Apollo became thoughtful.

"But mother, if that's true, then why didn't anyone worship my grandmother? The only name I heard in Delphi was Gaia."

"This is even simpler; your grandmother hates being worshiped; she probably never showed her presence or voice in Delphi to the sadness of her few followers. So it was up to Gaia to take care of the center of the world." Leto said, shrugging her shoulders.

"It's really curious." Apollo spoke reflectively.

{Delphi was granted to me by Gaia along with the right to the land and the oracle, could it be that my grandmother had something to do with it?} Apollo thought as he walked.

So, without even realizing it, the three arrived at the entrance to Olympus.

The golden gate was already open as if inviting them in, also revealing the beautiful buildings.

The constructions were all magnificent, there was no shortage of majestic palaces and beautiful buildings decorating the entire place.

Further down were less magnificent buildings that were the abodes of goddesses and lesser gods, but even these buildings were beautiful.

Apollo, as the god of art, cannot help but admire these beautiful constructions.

"You guys take too long." But Hermes' voice completely breaks Apollo's mood.

Hermes comes out from behind the gate with a smile on his face.

Upon seeing Apollo's grimace, Hermes puts his hand on his face, containing his laughter.

"Then let's go in." Hermes said politely.

Apollo and Artemis shake their heads as Leto takes a step back.

"So this is where I stop. I will wait for you here, my children." Leto said with a serious expression.

"Oh! Titaness Leto was also invited to Zeus's palace-"

Before Hermes can complete his sentence, Leto interrupts him.

"I'd rather die than set foot in that filthy place where there's a jealous bitch and a guy who only thinks with his dick." There was no respect in Leto's voice, she didn't give a damn about those two.

"Wow, what mean words." Hermes did not seem concerned at the lack of respect shown to his lord.

{Well, it's not a bad word when it's true, right?} Hermes thought with a smile.

"I understand, Mother." Apollo ignored the strange god, who smiled.

"Yes, Mom, but will you be okay?" Artemis asked as Apollo looked at her seriously.

"Sure, my children, go, I'll be fine." The smile on her face seemed to dispel all of their worries.

"Mn!" Apollo shook his head, turned, and began walking with Artemis towards Zeus's palace.

Passing through the gate, Apollo can get a better view of the palaces.

There were some powerful divine powers hosted in these palaces, but the vast majority of powers were all gathered in one place.

This place was a grand palace, much bigger than the others as if it was to make up for something.

This same palace was built with several Greek columns, and its art was vaguely reminiscent of the Gothic style, even though the style was not even close to being invented. Its colors were striking, being an intense gold with several shades of electric blue.

There was not the slightest doubt that this palace belonged to Zeus, the king of the gods.

Apollo walked across the ivory-white ground while examining the palace until they finally arrived in front of the magnificent construction. 

"Hmm." Apollo muttered as he saw two people standing at the entrance to the palace, a man and a woman.

The man had a large frame, and with long red hair and golden eyes, he wore a white toga with an armored breastplate on his body.

The strangest thing is that this man possessed a divine power slightly similar to Apollo.

Apollo at the same moment, realized that in front of him was the titan Helios, the sun god.

Apollo had to admit that he was surprised, after all, this was the first time he had encountered another God of the Sun.

And next to Helios was a woman with long black hair and completely white eyes, and below her left eye there was a beauty mark, and on her body, she wore a purple dress.

{If that is Helios, then obviously that woman is Selene, the goddess of the moon.} There wasn't much doubt, especially when Apollo looked at his sister, who was surprised when she looked at the woman.

The moment the two twin gods met the two titan brothers, there was a slight embarrassment on the twins' part, as they both ruled the same aspect as the titans in front of them.

But Helios smiles big when he sees the young twins. Without thinking much, the Sun Titan and his sister approached the two.

"Ha! Hahaha! So you're young Phoebus Apollo?" Helios chuckled as he held out his hand for a firm shake.

Apollo, seeing the Titan's friendly attitude, grabs Helios' hand in a friendly grip with a smile on his lips.

"Yes, you must be Lord Helios, right?" Apollo asked politely, holding his hand.

"Exactly, young man." Helios held Apollo's hand tightly.

The same thing happened alongside Apollo.

"I am Selene, young lady." Selene's voice was soft and elegant.

"I am Artemis, Lady Selene." Artemis held Selene's hand comfortingly.

At first, it seemed like just a normal handshake between Helios and Apollo, and Selene and Artemis.

But suddenly the twin gods began to feel their divine power increase, along with their authority over the moon and the sun.

Hermes, who was standing at the side, couldn't hide his amused smile.

{Now! That's surprising.} Hermes thought with his hand over his mouth, hiding his smile.

Minutes later, the two titans' faces were pale, giving off a sickly appearance.

Apollo looked at Helios while his sister was confused.

"Why?" That was the only thing he could ask about the event that had just happened.

What happened now was that Helios and Selene passed their authority as gods of the sun and moon to Apollo and Artemis, along with some of their divine power.

And this was only possible because the four had similar divinities.

"That's simple, young God." Serene said, lifting her body as she let go of Artemis's hand

"We just want tranquility in our lives." She said this, giving Artemis a big smile.

"Tranquility?" I repeated it, a little confused.

"Yes, Tranquility." Helios let go of my hand and looked into my eyes, continuing to say:

"We don't want to be gods of the sun and moon or worshiped by humans, the only thing we want is to live our lives in our corner, but Zeus would never allow us to do that completely, so why not give our authority to you two? This way we won't be a threat to the King of the Gods even though we are no longer among the Olympians." Helios let out a big laugh.

"I do not even know what to say." Apollo didn't know how to react to this. There was really only one expression he could use right now.

"Thank you very much." The only thing he could think of was to thank Helios.

"Thanks." Artemis, following her brother, thanked her with a smile.

"Don't do that, my young ones. After all, we are the ones who are putting weight on your shoulders." Selene said to Apollo and Artemis.

"Yes, my sister is right, we did it out of pure selfishness." Helios slapped Apollo on the shoulder and raised his left hand, releasing his divine power.

"See you later, Artemis and Apollo, we'll see you again today." Politely, Selene stays next to her brother.

The next moment, Helios and Selene disappear.

Apollo and Artemis stared at each other.

"That was weird, even for me." Artemis said, with a slight smile on her lips.

"True, but quite useful for us." Apollo could feel that his authority over the sun had practically doubled along with his divine power.

"I can't disagree with that." Artemis said.

Hermes claps his hands to get both of their attention.

"Well, that was interesting, but now we have to go." Hermes advanced, and the huge door to Zeus's palace opened.

"Come on, Artemis." Apollo said, looking at his sister.

"Mn!" Artemis murmured and walked beside her brother as Hermes led him forward.

So the twin gods entered Zeus's palace to meet their own father for the first time.

(A/N: Some people are saying that mythologically, I'm wrong in putting Hermes older than Apollo. Which is true, in many myths, Apollo is much older than Hermes, but this is a fanfic, I'm not going to follow the mythological facts 100%. Apollo, for reasons of making the narrative easier and for other reasons, was one of the last Olympians to be born.

That said, thank you very much for following this story.)

64