Chapter 10: Daddy Needs Some Action! (Part 1)
657 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Daddy Needs Some Action! (Part 1)

(Third Person POV)

In a dimly lit, abandoned warehouse, shadows danced on the peeling walls. The air hung heavy with the scent of decay and dampness, setting the stage for a clash between our MC and an individual who’s looks scream, “I’m a bad guy!”

 

The thuggish man emerged from the darkness, his muscles bulging beneath a stained tank top. Tattoos snaked down his brawny arms, and a wicked grin revealed a gold tooth, glinting in the minimal light.

 

Our MC, silent and focused, readied for the impending confrontation. Black lines snaked through his arms, following the pathways taken by his blood.

 

The thug lunged forward, fists swinging like wrecking balls. Our MC, nimble and swift, sidestepped the attack, his enhanced reflexes giving him an otherworldly grace.

 

A rapid exchange of blows echoed throughout the empty space. Each strike thrown by the wannabe villain, was met with an evasive twist or a retaliatory counter. Our MC’s movements were fluid, a seamless blend of calculated precision and enhanced strength.

 

The thug, undeterred, unleashed a bone-crushing haymaker. Our MC ducked, the punch sailing harmlessly over his head. With a surge of strength, our hero retaliated with a flurry of strikes, each blow resonating with a visceral intensity.

 

As the battle raged on, the warehouse seemed to be on the verge of collapse. The walls closing in due to their intense exchange. Unseen by the thug, a black semi-solid substance slipped out of our MC, stabilizing the battleground.

 

The clueless thug, fueled by his quirk, aimed to overpower our MC. But he slipped through the thug's grasp like a shadow.

 

A discarded crate became an improvised weapon. The thug heaved it with raw power, aiming to crush him. With an acrobatic leap, our MC somersaulted over the projectile, landing with feline grace. Err, scratch that. He face-planted on the floor, but moving on…

 

Before the thug could take advantage of our MC’s precarious situation, the symbiote's tentacles extended from our MC’s body, snaking toward the thug. They coiled around his limbs, binding him in an inky embrace. The thug struggled, muscles straining against his new restraints.

 

With a surge of power, our MC delivered a decisive blow, sending the thug sprawling to the warehouse floor. Gasping for breath, the defeated antagonist soon passed out, partly from the blow and partly from the exhaustion from overusing his quirk.

 

In the aftermath of the intense showdown, the warehouse echoed with the sounds of labored breathing and the settling dust. Our MC, victorious and exhausted, stood amidst the partially destroyed battleground.

 

In the corner, we see crates of seemingly innocent looking white powder, protected by the substance which is similar to the one which stabilized the warehouse from collapsing on itself.

 

Now, you might be wondering, how our MC got entangled in a fight mere hours after he got a body. But to know that, we need to know what happened after he got down from that roof.

 

(MC POV)

As I walked to find some breakfast I was grumbling in my mind, “Damn you, Sage. You’re supposed to obey me and help me with what I want!”

 

I was wearing a set of casual clothes, consisting of a V-neck shirt and a pair of jeans. Some sneakers to top it off and now, I’m like any other nobody on the street.

 

As I was getting off of the roof where I got my body, Sage forcibly changed my clothes to the set I described above. No matter how much I tried, I couldn’t get her to change it back, merely stating that, ‘Higher powers have ordered her.’

 

But I reached a deal with her. I can eat all the junk food I want instead. So here we are, standing outside the McDonalds after getting out of the taxi I paid for using the little money I had left.

 

I was standing in line, all giddy when a sketchy looking guy took the spot in front of me before I could move forward.

 

“Hey! You can’t cut in like that!” I accost him.

 

He looks back and holds out his finger, which swiftly turns into a blade pressing against my neck. “How about I show you some real cutting then!” He threatened.

 

The bystanders all gasped and were about to call for help when I replied, “I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you. Could you speak into my microphone?”

 

And as I was saying that, the symbiote’s tentacle formed a phallic object and placed it right in front of the sketchy guy’s mouth. The guy and the peanut gallery all paled at the sight of a thick, veiny shaft, pushed right in front of his face. (A/N: No yaoi! This isn’t that type of fanfic. Although there’s nothing wrong with it, I ain’t writing that stuff)

 

Oddly though, an employee looking over the cashier’s shoulder, started drooling with stars in her eyes. Err, let’s just ignore that for now.

 

The guy scooted back and bolted out the door. But before he disappeared, a small, inconspicuous blob of black substance was stuck to the back of his heel.

 

Ignoring the commotion, I ordered some burgers and fries for almost five people and sat at a table, waiting for my order. The piece of symbiote stuck to the guy from before, was cut off by Sage to help in tracking and spying on his actions. This was one of the powers of a symbiote, to know the location of its body? parts at all times.

 

By the time I got my food, Sage reported that he had called for some backup and was waiting for me a few buildings away. This was good as Sage had told me about some important information on the taxi ride here.

 

ROB had previously mentioned that Quirks, for their continued existence, draw their resources from their hosts. Like how Bakugo’s explosions are fuelled by his special kind of sweat glands in his palms.

 

The symbiote, too, required resources, like chocolates, and brains. Unfortunately, I only had one brain and was in no hurry to feed it to the symbiote, so I needed some,… volunteers, who would like to donate their organs for the greater good. My greater good.

 

And what better world for that than MHA? Even Marvel won’t be able to feed it so comfortably since other than New York, the world was relatively peaceful. Here, however, every city across the world has a two-bit villain hiding in every second alleyway.

 

No to mention, there are no super-secret spy agencies in MHA who look into weird disappearances, no matter how minor. Are there? I never read the manga, so I guess I’ll just have to find out.

 

The sketchy guy waiting to ambush me is just the two-bit character I was talking about. My [Skill: Gluttony] can devour memories as well. After confirming that with Sage, I plan to hunt down these minor wannabe villains to fill up the tank, so to speak.

 

I don’t want to have the symbiote suddenly bail out on me in crucial moments, so my actions are inevitable. Hence, it was decided!

 

The physical possessions of all the victims were to be stored in the inventory. The quirks were to be analysed and catalogued by Sage for future purposes. The physical bodies were to be sacrificed to fuel the symbiote. And last but not the least, the memories were to be digested by the [Skill: Gluttony] and later scanned by Sage to provide relevant information.

 

Ohh and how could I forget! The souls would be devoured by the skill entirely. Was I in the wrong for damning these street thugs' souls as a source of fuel to my skill? I just want to see if it has any potential to surpass its rank as an ultimate skill. Although [Void God: Azathoth] is impossible since I don’t have the rest of Rimuru’s skills, let’s see how it progresses.

 

So, here we are! With my belly full and my symbiote’s empty, as I walk out of the McDonalds with an expectant smile on my face. Still trying to ignore the heart eyes the employee from before, is giving me from her view through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

 

(A/N: Sorry for the late upload! The action scene was a pain and a half to write in First Person POV. Eventually, with 4 rewritten drafts deleted, I just wrote it in the Third Person POV.

 

It’s still meh in my opinion. It’s my first one so please do share some tips and your thoughts on the action scene and I’ll try to do my next one justice!

 

Thanks! Have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening/night ahead!)

 

Like it? Add to Reading list and don't forget to toggle on your notifications!
Have some thoughts about my story? Comment it and let me know.

18