Chapter 16
293 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is Sunday and also when I receive my test results.

Because I usually rest on Sunday's, I headed towards the market square, where the stalls were already set up early in the morning. 

I was curious about what they sell here. I’ve only been here 1 time but didn’t have enough time to explore the place, seems like today is the day. 

Walking through the marketplace and listening to the chatter, I looked for some ingredients to make food.  

Why do I need to buy ingredients? Well, this might be a parting gift to the INN keeper for being so nice to me. Also, she might cook me something nice, and I’ve really wanted something nice to eat on my day off. 

So, I looked for a stall that sold ingredients, while the first 5 minutes I didn’t find anything. Mainly because almost all of the stalls seemed to sell weapons, armor, pottery, accessories and other stuff. 

But there were also some stalls that served meat skewers and other foods. But I wasn’t looking for a food stall.  

“I’m looking for a stall that sells raw vegetables and meat,” I asked one of the food stalls. 

“Margaret down the street should have some,” he said. 

Thanks to him I was able to get directions to where they sold the ingredients, as a reward I bought a caramelized apple from him. But mainly it was because I got hungry, and I’ve never eaten one during my time in this world. 

And so I ate the apple and continued to where I was suggested. Now arriving, instead of a stall, it was a shop.  

Opening the door, I went into the shop. 

[ Ring Ring ]  

“Welcome!” A nice lady sprung from the counter, she looked around her 30s and so nice. 

“Hello! I would like to buy some ingredients if that’s fine,” I said to the lady. 

“Well sure, we have tons of ingredients and other things here, feel free to roam the shop!” she responded. 

I shook my head and wandered to the side of the store, where some vegetables were put on display in a barrel.  
"What can I buy? Hmmm,” 

So without worrying about it I moved to the other side of the story where I saw some meat. Everything seemed so complicated to me, so I asked the store lady. 

I told her that I didn’t have a limit on how much to spend and that I wanted a couple of barrels of vegetables and meat. 

She was surprised and asked what I needed it for, So I said it was a gift for someone important. She gave me a paper with the expenses on how much the total amount cost.  

Turns out it was way cheaper than I thought it would cost. Costing only 5 gold coins per barrel, I bought 2 barrels of vegetables and 2 barrels of meat. 

I didn’t want to buy too much food in case they rot. The lady said that she would have them delivered to the INN and thanked me, I goodbye end left the store. 

It was now around 1 PM, I already ate something so I wonder what I should do for the rest of the day.  

So, I thought I would go to the INN and check if I had been accepted for the academy. 

--------------------------------------- 

As soon as I entered the INN I was surprised by the INN Keeper which handed me a letter. 

“It came in about 10 minutes ago,” she said. 

“Thank you, I will take a look,” I responded. 

 

I opened the letter which was in an envelope with the Royal Academy’s Seal. 

Then unfolding the letter to see its contents. 

Royal Academy of Cartia   Academy Entrance Exam Results   For Adrian Von Veridian   We are delighted to tell you that you have been accepted into Royal Academy of Cartia. Due to our rules, you are required to move to and live in our dorms. Our school will host a welcome party along with a speech from the student who got the most points on the exam. This event will be hosted tomorrow, please prepare well.   Class-Rank: S1   Position: 1st   Entrance Exam Results:   1st Sophia Cartia   1st Adrian Von Veridian   2nd Pierre Von Gremory   3rd Emeric Von Ignis   Sincerely,   Royal Academy of Cartia 

 

So, an event is being held tomorrow and the top student is going to give a speech? 

How am I in 1st place but this “Sophia Cartia” is also in first place? 
Without thinking about it, I accidentally said the name out loud. 

“Sophia Cartia? She’s the kingdom’s 2nd Princess,” the INN keeper said. 

“Oh is she?” I replied, it must be because she’s a royal that she gets to do the speech over me. Well, I must thank her, now I won’t have to do this speech. 

--------------------------------------------------- 

    Rank First in Royal Academy Entrance Exam 

            Rewards: 1000 XP 

COMPLETED 

--------------------------------------------------- 
Let’s go! I got 1000 XP this easily. 

Alright, I’ll have to notify the guild that I’ve been accepted into the academy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I arrived at the Guild and opened the door, surprisingly no one was there, and the lights were off. 

Then, a fire ball came from one of the corners of the room and I moved instinctively. 

But the fireball was aimed at the ceiling and exploded in mid-air. 

Causing an explosion which brightened up the guild and lights came from the  explosion. 

Then people came from the corners screaming loudly. 

“Congratulations!” they all said. 

Oh, so this is what it is. 

“Congratulations on passing the exam kid!” the Branch Leader said. 

“Were you scared?” the receptionist asked. 

“Thank you so much, and honestly yes I was scared for a moment there,” I responded. 

It’s true that this scared me, the whole Guild could of been destroyed, I thought it was an attack or something. 

“But how did you know I passed?” I asked, how did they know I passed? I only got this letter a few minutes ago myself. 

“Tha----s a secret,” he said, stopping himself and rephrasing. 
“Alright, anyways, that’s all for today, we just wanted to congratulate you!” Branch Leader said. 

I was a bit sad because joining the academy meant that I wouldn’t see him as much, but this is required. 

 After talking a bit more I decided to head into the forest to gather some XP. 

After finding a couple of goblins I took them out by slicing them in half. 

Going deeper into the forest I found an ogre which I had never encountered before. 

The ogre didn’t see me but I accidentally stepped on a twig and made a sound which the ogre heard and looked in my direction. 

Making weird sounds, it was now headed towards me.  

[Earth Magic] 

Imagining the shape of a spear, the ground below me lifted up and then fired at the ogre, but it didn’t pierce its tough skin. 

Then taking my sword out I imbued it with lightning, getting into the stance that I was thought and used [Shadow Step] to appear behind the ogre. 

I stabbed my sword into the ogres heart, it stood still but then fell forward, to which he got back up. His heart was on my blade, and he had a hole in his body, but he still managed to get back up. 

I was amused by the sight of the ogre standing back up after dealing it’s death blow. 

But I was too confused to notice the big hand swinging towards me. 

[ BOOM ] 
I was hit hard in the stomach, launching me into a tree. It was because of my cluelessness and not paying attention that this happened. 

“Uhhh! Damn!” I said, coughing blood up on the ground. 

Getting back up and catching my breath I could see the Ogres red eyes shining. 

“Maybe I should of not fought it?” I asked myself. Of course, I had dealt with a couple of strong opponents while training, but I never encountered one that came up from his death. 

So I got back up again and got my weapon ready. This time I was going to slash it’s limbs and render it immobile. 

But when I got close the ogre collapsed yet again. 

  • 500 XP 

When I appraised the ogre, I found out that it had the [Last Stand(Rage)] skill. Allowing it to come back from the death for a minute. 

I collected the Ogres tusk and headed my merrily way home after wiping a bit. 

The ogre tusk is a valuable ingredient that goes for 50 gold coins in the shop. 

It’s used to forge shields and weapons because the tusk is so strong. 

I’ve had to deal with too much today so I ate and cleaned up, and hit the hay. 

I have to go to that event and tour the school tomorrow which will probably be so exhausting. It’s probably why I went to sleep so early, This time I had a dream in which very bad things would happen tomorrow. 

Bad things always happen, I wonder what it will be, will I be able to handle it? Or is it just a meaningless dream? 

TO BE CONTINUED 

Credits: Karrot 
Discord: https://discord.gg/uy8PC7mNQ8

13