Chapter 17
240 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After yesterday I woke up yet again sweating, today would be my first day or I would be attending the Royal Academy's Entrance Speech and Tour and then we would have to locate our Rooms and move in. 

  

That would mean that I would have to pack up my room and leave the INN, it wasn't a nice thought I had because I've made a friend here, and leaving her would make me sad because her would is also so delicious. 

  

"The academy has good food right?" I asked myself, If they don't have good food I would have to make it myself. See that isn't a problem, but that would mean the Academy wouldn't be so Royal like they said. 

  

It's also a pain when I think about the days

After yesterday I woke up yet again sweating, today would be my first day or I would be attending the Royal Academy's Entrance Speech and Tour and then we would have to locate our Rooms and move in. 

  

That would mean that I would have to pack up my room and leave the INN, it wasn't a nice thought I had because I've made a friend here, and leaving her would make me sad because her would is also so delicious. 

  

"The academy has good food right?" I asked myself, If they don't have good food I would have to make it myself. See that isn't a problem, but that would mean the Academy wouldn't be so Royal like they said. 

  

It's also a pain when I think about the days that I went to school which were a waste of time, but in this world, attending the Royal Academy will get you into any career after you graduate, according to Branch Leader. 

  

I packed my belongings into the suit case that I had came to this city with. All of my things could fit there since I didn't have many things that belonged to me. Sword by my side and my robe on, I continued, I was about to leave. 

  

"I'm finally starting the real journey..." I remembered all the memories I made in the time I was here, it has been difficult but also good. 

  

"Don't worry. I'll make this place great!" I told myself, I knew that I was going to make this place great, even better than that Royal Hot spring or that super luxurious restaurant that won't even allow me in. 

  

And with that mindset, I set off to the Academy, walking to the Academy I was greeted by the nice smells off early morning cooking as the market stalls were setting up. 

  

Where I was directed by a guide to a big building, it looked like some sort of theatre or auditorium, It was large in size, and all students were seated. 

  

Yet somehow, I was seated next to the girl I met the other day. 

  

"Hey, we meet again hehe," She was sweating, and drool came out of the side of her mouth, but I ignored all that. 

  

"Yeah... Um nice to meet you again," I mean, it was nice to meet her again, but it was just weird, so I tried to mind my own business. 

  

Then when everyone seemed to be seated, the lights were turned off and a voice got louder. A person with a big witch hat appeared on stage. 

  

"Welcome to the best Academy in the world! The Cartia Royal Academy!" the person said, zooming into the person, she appeared to be an old lady with white hair and that big witch hat. 

  

"We will now begin with the Top Student's speech, then you will be toured around, and lastly you will be guided to your halls and assigned rooms!" She explained and then disappeared with a poof. 

  

"Where did she go?" Students murmured and whispered to each other. 

  

Then a young lady walked out to the stage, everyone turned their heads towards the speaker. I was surprised, stunned even because I had recognized the person that had stepped up. It was that girl... That girl that I saved that night, she was on the stage. So, she was the princess? 

  

"We sincerely welcome you to the Cartia Royal Academy, sincerely from the Cartia Royal Family. But today I have an announcement to make, Adrian Von Veridian please come down here!" she said. 

  

My jaw dropped at that moment, Zane looked at me making a weird face. 

  

"Why is she calling you up there?" she asked. 

  

"I don't know but I need to go," I responded. 

  

Getting up and walking out of my row I headed down towards the stage. I didn't know why I was being called up to the front, and I don't know why I did what she asked but I felt like I had to do it. 

  

"Is that him?" many students whispered to each other turning their heads and looking at me. 

  

After going down the steps, I finally arrived on the stage, then stood there just wondering what to do. 

  

"Please stand next to me," the princess asked, and I did. 

  

What a drag, how the hell did I get into this mess. One thing was certain, it's that I didn't know what was going to happen next. 

  

And with that, the princess cleared her throat and continued her speech. 

  

"The top place belongs to Adrian Von Veridian, I only got first place because I am royalty, but he scored the highest on the entrance exam. With this, I apologize to Adrian Von Veridian, and one more extra thing, I will be betrothed to Adrian Von Veridian! And with that announcement please follow your guides!" she said, the students remained silent, not a sound could be heard. 

  

Then suddenly the students erupted into chatter, while I was completely dumb founded by the statement. How has this happened? I just wanted to live a peaceful life, now I'm betrothed to the 3rd princess of the kingdom? 

  

I didn't even get a notice about this or even asked for my own personal opinion for this. This really sucks, I wonder if I can turn it down. 

  

After all the students left, I was still on stage with the princess, who was staring at me, I felt uncomfortable because she was so quiet yet staring into my soul. 

  

"Uhm, excuse me but who decided this?" I asked the princess, I needed an answer. 

  

"I asked my father the King to set this up, your family was reluctant at first but they had no choice but to agree," she said. 

  

So they agreed to this? Damn those bastards, always choosing things for me. I was upset, I didn't have any free will and now my image at the academy was unpredictable. I was planning to lay low but that doesn't seem like it will happen now. 

  

"Are you dissatisfied?" she asked, with a curious face, rotating her head to the side. 

  

I can't just tell the whole truth, I mean she is a princess, I could get executed if she really wanted to. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to fight off any army with my current power. 

  

"No No, its just this is too sudden, and honestly, I had no choice in the matter so I'm kind of disappointed," I responded, trying to be nice, but the truth was that my blood was boiling. 

  

Yet another thing that interrupts my plans for a better life. 

  

"Don't worry! I'll make you fall for me," she said, which creeped me out, it was like my skin jumped. 

  

"Come on, I'll show you around the school. We have the same classes and room after all, hehehe," she said menacingly. 

  

Oh god please save me, I got the same classes as her and we're going to live in the same room? 

  

And with that creepy statement, she grabbed me by the hand and took me out of the building, we walked around the campus and she showed me all the locations. 

  

I got to know the following buildings. 

  

Training Hall 

Cafeteria 

Royal Dorm ( Class-S Dorm Rooms ) 

Lecture Halls 

Arena 

Garden 

Magician Building 

Knight Building 

  

The academy was huge, but while I was touring the campus, I got many stares and looks, I guess stuff travels fast. Even some of the older looking people stared, which I guess they were the teachers. 

  

"Your highness... Is it possible for me to get a different room?" I asked the princess, I was not comfortable sleeping in the same room as this crazy person, who knows what she could do. Maybe kill me in my sleep or poison me? 

  

"Why? You don't like it? We haven't even seen the room yet!" She turned around and responded to me angrily. 

  

Oh boy, she's going to be a difficult one to handle. 

  

"It's just that we don't know each other that well, I would prefer to get a different room," I replied, trying to get her to calm down. 

  

"Absolutely not, I have also discussed this with father and he said it would be alright, were sleeping in the same room whether you like it or not!" she said again. 

  

What a pain in the ass! Who would let their child sleep in the same room as a stranger, what strange people she and her father are. 

  

"Well alright..." 

  

Looks like I'm going to have to deal with this for a while, I better get used to it or I might get swallowed. 

  

After that convo, we headed to the room nd unpacked our things, then we were given time to rest. 

  

"I'll be sleeping on the floor then, I brought a futon from the INN keeper," I told her. 

  

"Do as you wish," she responded. 

  

What's the matter with her? Is she bipolar? Sometimes she's happy, sometimes she angry, and now she's just cold. 

  

And with that, day 0 of the academy days ended. I didn't get a single wink of sleep that night because the princess surprisingly snored heavily. 

  

This must be those damn gods doing! 

 

Credits: Karrot
Discord: https://discord.gg/uy8PC7mNQ8
TO BE CONTINUED 

10