4. Confidence
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Narika Mayu is a bright and effervescent idol, known for her infectious smile and bubbly personality which have endeared her to millions of fans around the world. Hailing from the same studio as Yume and Nanase, Mayu has been dubbed television's darling, thanks to her positive nature that brings joy to those who watch her performances and shows.

 

However, Mayu's pristine image was shattered when leaked photos of her emerged, showing her coming out of various love hotels. Despite vehemently denying the allegations, Mayu has been unable to explain the context of the photos, claiming that her personal life is her own business and should not be the subject of public scrutiny. Her fans remain divided, with some continuing to support her while others have been unable to forgive her for tarnishing her wholesome image.

 

 

"Well, are you going to say something, producer?" Mayu asked, her tone sharp. "Are you seriously going to leave me hanging?"

 

The question hung in Sullivan's mind like a persistent drumbeat, leaving him struggling to find the right words.

 

"Yes," Sullivan finally managed to say. "I just need some time to process. I was just in a car crash."

 

"Oh no!" Mayu exclaimed, her voice filled with concern, but her expression quickly shifted to an inappropriate smirk. The leader of the original four idols approached Sullivan slowly, her hands caressing his neck once more. "No need to feel guilty. I mean, I got this for both of us, so if you're worried about someone discovering—"

 

"It's not that," Sullivan interrupted, his thoughts clouded by the scandalous allegations surrounding the idol's reputation. While he couldn't deny the pleasure of the experience, he couldn't help but feel repulsed by himself.

 

"Let's just put a stop to this, Mayu," Sullivan implored. "I feel like it's not right."

 

"Looks like someone's not in the mood," Mayu snorted unexpectedly, surprising Sullivan with her behavior. He hadn't expected someone like Mayu to display such behavior.

 

"I'm sorr—"

 

"Yeah, you're sorry," she snapped at Sullivan, making him flinch. "You know what, let's deal with this later. I have things to do. You'll be at my show, right?" Mayu asked, to which Sullivan nodded reflexively.

 

"Good. Then maybe we can pick up where we left off," Mayu's demeanor suddenly shifted, a smile forming on her face as she left the room, leaving Sullivan bewildered by the encounter. Was this the same Narika Mayu he had adored for so long? Confusion swirled in his mind as he sat down, feeling the need to lie down and perhaps even throw up. With all that had transpired, it felt like he was tiptoeing around, uncovering unsettling truths about his beloved idols.

 

"Just what in the world is happening?"

 

"You are, producer. That's what's happening," Mayu's voice came from the other door, now dressed in casual attire. "Didn't you promise we'd spend some intimate time after my movie shoot? Although you did mention you were in a car crash, so I suppose it killed your mood. You didn't break any limbs, did you?"

 

"No, I'm mostly okay," Sullivan replied as Mayu sighed. "Then you would've been in the mood. Ugh, this is frustrating, producer, but no matter." Mayu clicked her tongue. "We'll continue this another time. I still have a lot to do. Can you take care of yourself, or should I arrange for someone to look after you?"

 

"Certainly," Sullivan replied, understanding that to fulfill his role as the idols' producer, he needed to immerse himself fully in their lives, going beyond the perspective of a fan.

 

"Alright. Yume would have been the obvious choice to care for you, but her assistant informed me she's off to a beach party. Uta seems like the best alternative, given her refined nature," Mayu commented, with Sullivan recalling his recent encounter with Uta at a concert.

 

Hoshino Uta was an enigmatic figure in the entertainment industry, known for her captivating performances as an actress, yet her personal life remained veiled in mystery. Uta's path to stardom had begun in her youth, thanks to her family's lineage of renowned performers in the stage and film arena. However, her journey had not been without challenges. Uta had first caught the media's attention with a guest appearance on a variety show, where her exceptional musical talents, including mastery of the guitar and piano, had propelled her into the spotlight. Despite her success, Uta had faced controversy when her past relationships, including a brief marriage ending in divorce, were exposed by an online hacker. This revelation had sent shockwaves through the entertainment industry, casting doubt on the true nature of Uta's personal life.

 

"Wouldn't she be occupied—" Sullivan began to inquire.

 

"No, she'll be available," Mayu interjected firmly while retrieving her phone. "She has ample free time, and considering you haven't sustained any serious injuries, except for being starstruck, she won't have much to attend to."

 

As Mayu tapped away on her phone, Sullivan felt a sense of contentment. While Yume embodied the cuteness factor among the original four idols, Uta exuded an aura of elegance and propriety. Mayu excelled in the realm of cuteness, but Uta possessed a distinct sophistication, perhaps even more pronounced than Nana—

 

"Alright, I've messaged her to come over," Mayu announced, her tone sharp. "She shouldn't take too long. Please gather yourself, producer. You're becoming quite the dampener," Mayu muttered, her cheeks flushing slightly before she exited through the front door, leaving Sullivan alone in silence.

 

After several moments of silence, the sound of a car pulling up alerted Sullivan to Uta's arrival. He stood up, straightened his attire, and mentally prepared himself for what promised to be a rare private encounter with the composed idol, knowing Uta typically kept her distance from fans. As the door opened, he watched the elegant idol enter, still dressed in her stage outfit and wearing a concerned expression.

 

"Producer," she greeted, placing bags that presumably contained food and medicine on the nearby glass table. "Are you all right? Mayu informed me about the terrible accident you were involved in."

 

"Mayu tends to be a bit dramatic," Sullivan replied, offering a strained smile. "I apologize for disrupting your schedule."

 

"Don't worry about that, Producer," Uta reassured him with a smile that had an almost hypnotic effect on Sullivan. "Why don't we have a seat, and I'll prepare some refreshing iced tea for us?"

 

"Eh? I believe I should handle that," Sullivan insisted, but Uta gently guided him to sit down.

 

"You've done so much for us, Producer. This is the least I can do for you," she whispered, her hand briefly touching Sullivan's cheek, a reminder of Uta's reputation for playing dependable and cool characters.

 

"Alright, thank you so much for your assistance," Sullivan said, feeling a mix of gratitude and unease.

 

Sullivan could only manage a smile as Uta lightly tapped his cheek before disappearing into the kitchen. His thoughts swirled, torn between the blissful dream he was living and the fear that someone might eventually uncover the truth.

 

"But what if they begin to notice?"

0